Your top ten Journey songs!

What are they?

I'll have to think about my list.

Every song on the first three records!!!!

Come on boys and girls. "LOOK INTO THE FUTURE!"

Give me 10 Earl! I've got all the classic Perry records, it's time for me to work backwards to see what Schon was up to right after he left Santana!

Start with the first one and you'll be blown away immediately. Schon shines on every song of the first three.

• Like 2

What are they?

I'll have to think about my list.

Every song on the first three records!!!!

Come on boys and girls. "LOOK INTO THE FUTURE!"

Give me 10 Earl! I've got all the classic Perry records, it's time for me to work backwards to see what Schon was up to right after he left Santana!

That is a deal my friend!!!!

Here we go and in no order. You must get the first three albums!

Of A Lifetime

Kohoutek

On A Saturday Nite

Look Into The Future

It's All Too Much

Anyway

She Makes Me (Feel Alright)

Spaceman

People

Here We Are

Hustler

Next

Nickel & Dime

Lucky number 13 buddy!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

No particular order:

Don't Stop Believin

Lights

Still They Ride

Open Arms

Separate Ways

Happy To Give

Wheel In The Sky

Who's Cryin Now

Sorry only 8.....sort of like them a bit, but not a fave of mine

Still got all of their albums...but that's "us" isn't it.......

Edited by alpha p
  • Like 1

If I ever hear "Don't Stop Believing'" again I will put buzzing chainsaws into my ears and blow out my brains while dying to "Hemispheres." lol

The Sopranos and San Francisco Giants ruined that song. It's not even AOR Radio's fault.

Journey with Steve Perry, Steve Augeri, Jeff Scott Soto and that little fairy Arnel have made Journey a shitload of money, yet they completely lost their integrity as a band. Pure shit show man. I've seen it all.

Journey makes me sick to my stomach today.

Neal Schon is a scumbag and I have proof but we've already been down that road. I will keep my fingers shut. lol

"Who's Lying Now?"

Journey is a JOKE. All about greed and need while shooting that speed into those "Open Arms." Journey is shit after "Infinity." Steve Smith and Valory are criminals. Neal is the Devil. Great fit for AOR SHIT.

Signed,

"Chain Reaction" lol

Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin'

Separate Ways

Stone in Love

Wheel in the Sky

Any Way You Want It

Who's Crying Now

Don't Stop Believin

Faithfully

Open Arms

Lights

I know it's cool now to say they suck, but, in fact, they had a lot of really strong songs in their prime.

• Like 4

1. After The Fall

2. Still they Ride

3. Do you Recall?

4. Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'

5. Wheel In the Sky

6. Lights

7. Escape

8. Separate Ways

9. Who's Crying Now

10. Stone In Love

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I should add I saw the Rock Star version of Journey a couple of summers ago "headlining" over Def Leppard. I had never seen Journey live, and probably would have left after Def Leppard because I'm not enough of a fan to warrant staying for what is, IMO, a cover band, but my friend was there for them. Even he acknowledged Def Leppard blew them away. Still, those late 70s early 80s songs are classics.
  • Like 1

In the middle of a Journey marathon and I just now remembered I don't have Frontiers yet. :16ton:

Alas, I have one more from the classic period to collect...and then three from the early years! :)

I was just doing some reading about Perry's changing voice in the 80s, and I think he might be one of the best examples of how to permanently damage your voice. At some point it got strained pretty bad (probably from either a bad cold or singing too much) and instead of letting it rest a while, he went right on screaming his head off every night on tour. After a while of doing this, the damage was done, and his voice would never be the same or as easy to use.

I was just doing some reading about Perry's changing voice in the 80s, and I think he might be one of the best examples of how to permanently damage your voice. At some point it got strained pretty bad (probably from either a bad cold or singing too much) and instead of letting it rest a while, he went right on screaming his head off every night on tour. After a while of doing this, the damage was done, and his voice would never be the same or as easy to use.

He still sounds good. I'm on his email list and he sent out a song he did a few months ago. Doesn't sound so bad.

A voice is nice to have, but rarely does a singer's voice last.

He still sounds good. I'm on his email list and he sent out a song he did a few months ago. Doesn't sound so bad.

This is true, but I think he could have preserved more of it if he had been wiser in the 80s. For example, Roger Daltrey's voice definitely aged over the years, but he's been careful with how he uses it and even now he can still pull off multiple two hour concerts a week where he hits the high notes in Love Reign O'er Me and sounds good. Someone like Robert Plant on the other hand abused his voice when it was weak and dealt it permanent damage, dashing whatever chance he had of still being able to sing early high-pitched Zeppelin material later in life. Singers' voices naturally change over time but the change doesn't have to be that drastic if you just take good care of your voice.

Lovin', Touchin' Squeezin'

Separate Ways

Stone in Love

Wheel in the Sky

Any Way You Want It

Who's Crying Now

Don't Stop Believin

Faithfully

Open Arms

Lights

I know it's cool now to say they suck, but, in fact, they had a lot of really strong songs in their prime.

I have to bump everything on my list down one, and thus Lights off the list. I can't believe I forgot Only the Young.

• Like 1

Stone in Love

Faithfully

Girl can't help it

Wheel in the sky

Send her my love

Separate Ways

Who's Crying Now

Be Good to Yourself

Don't Stop Believin'

Ask the Lonely

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

This is true, but I think he could have preserved more of it if he had been wiser in the 80s. For example, Roger Daltrey's voice definitely aged over the years, but he's been careful with how he uses it and even now he can still pull off multiple two hour concerts a week where he hits the high notes in Love Reign O'er Me and sounds good. Someone like Robert Plant on the other hand abused his voice when it was weak and dealt it permanent damage, dashing whatever chance he had of still being able to sing early high-pitched Zeppelin material later in life. Singers' voices naturally change over time but the change doesn't have to be that drastic if you just take good care of your voice.

I think they still lose their ability to hold notes as long as they once did. At least, that's what I have observed. That comes from aging. I guess.

• Like 1

I think they still lose their ability to hold notes as long as they once did. At least, that's what I have observed. That comes from aging. I guess.

That's probably true. It's all about controlled breathing, and I'd believe that can get harder as you get older. As someone who's been in marching band for the past 8 years, it's hard when you're young!