The Wonder Years

progrush2112

Does anyone remember this show?! One of the greatest sitcoms of our time ever to be put on the air. If you don't know The Wonder Years, here is an overview of the plot:

The Wonder Years tackled the social issues and historic events of the 1960s and early 1970s through the eyes of main character Kevin Arnold, who also deals with teenage social issues (mainly with his best friend Paul, and his top love interest, Winnie Cooper), family trouble and other issues. While the stories unfold, the story is narrated by an older, wiser Kevin describing what is happening and what he has learned from his experiences.

What happened to it? Can you still watch it on TV? Should the series be put out on DVD (I think so!)

I never watched the show. I think it premiered it's first season my senior year of high school (Fall '86)

check out www.tvshowsondvd.com to see if it's available on DVD yet or if they've mentioned a possible release date.

www.dvdcraze.tv

user posted image

• This is a collection of 7 DVDs in a 2 box set as shown above, all 100% in chronological order from the pilot to the finale
  • With custom artwork and episode guides so you can find your favorite episode at anytime
  • These are formatted region free so they will play on any DVD player, DVD-ROM X-Box or PS2 Worldwide
  • Presented in full screen format - exactly as it was shown on television
  • Presented in English
  • This item has not been rated

Hot sister.

Mmmmmmmm

I remember that show too. I seem to remember it started as a mid season replacement series late winter of '88. One of the things I remember was the promos they showed during the '88 Winter Olympics, which addressed memories of the '68 Winter Olympics; Kevin's father watching Jean Claude Killey and Kevin lusting after Peggy Fleming. Then the first couple of shows I saw were great. Winnie as a figurative crysalis, Kevin and Winnie's first kiss. Kevin going to work with his father and getting a new appreciation for him.

I never got to see much of it after I graduated high school that same year as I went in the Navy right after and never watched much TV until summer of '90 (training took a lot of time and energy). I do remember seeing reruns afterward and found the show really good.

What still amazes me is that the narrator or 'Adult Kevin' was Daniel Stern (from Home Alone 1 & 2). The voice doesn't quite sound the same, but apparently it's him.

in los angeles there's kind of an unwritten rule that if you see celebrities (which if you hang out in l.a. long enough, you WILL see them), you don't bother them.

well, one day a few years ago when i was shopping at a health food store in santa monica (right next to los angeles and on the ocean), i saw this woman shopping and she looked SO familiar. i thought i knew her from my past, but couldn't remember from when or where. i went up to her and said, "excuse me, do i know you, you look really familiar?" she looked kind of embarassed and said, "oh, well, I was on t.v. for awhile." Suddenly I realized that I HAD seen her on tv and didn't really know her like I had initially thought I had. i apologized and quickly slinked away, realizing as I did that she was the actress who played Winnie Cooper on The Wonder Years! ohmy.gif

that older brother Cracked me up laugh.gif

I remember in one show, He sucked up Kevins Hampster in the vacume rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif

and later on in the show the sister ends up marring "Ross" from Friends.

laugh.gif

My memory banks tell me that the older bro played Rodney Dangerfield's character (Thornton Melon) as a kid in Back to School. And the sister played the princess in Conan the Destroyer.

I really liked the episode where Kevin bought a guitar and joined a rock band.