treeduck

They are going to allow 6,700 fans to attend the Buffalo Bills home playoff game here on January 9th. They will have testing set 72 hours before in the stadium parking lot. If you are negative I guess you have a chance of attending. I can't imagine how many people are going to show up to get tested in order to possibly go to the game since the team is having it's best season in over 20 years.

There's no tailgating allowed and all the usual covid protocol bullshit needs to be observed by those in attendance. At least it's progress in trying to do something to get people back. I think anyone who truly wants to attend this while positive cases are still very high is out of their f***ing mind.

Even with vaccines it's a bad idea. I'm still gonna wear a mask outside even when I get the shot especially since I just got sick a few days ago. Not wearing it after the shot is like getting a flu shot, which I got last September, and believing you're immune if you wear skimpy clothing outside. Only thing that it's affected is my sense so it could be much worse than others as I've read on social media. Honestly, taste is much worse to lose. Got some Vitamin C packets from Sprouts on Instacart so that helped. Just hoping my local Kaiser gets my shot soon.

Aside from getting mail and delivery on the porch, I haven't been outside at all.

You don't even leave the house to go to the grocery store?

Instacart

I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but I tested my senses in the fridge today and my smell SLIGHTLY improved. Not there yet but progress is progress. Hope it keeps up.

nvpLPer.png

So rather than going to the store and picking out your own stuff, in the middle of a pandemic, you're going to trust some stranger to put there hands on all your stuff than deliver to your door. Knowing full well it's this person's job in the middle of a pandemic, to travel around and go to multiple houses. Yeah, that makes total sense.

You can wipe off the items they bring, although the CDC says the chances of catching it from a surface is almost none, and I don't think they bring anything in the house, just leave it on the porch.

• Like 2

I haven`t been outside for 20 days, and that was because my wife had a hospital appointment on Dec 13th. I am still waaaaay off my personal best though, and that was 34 days, set in September 2019, well before the pandemic. I have no plans to go out, so should be able to beat my record this time.
  • Like 1

They are going to allow 6,700 fans to attend the Buffalo Bills home playoff game here on January 9th. They will have testing set 72 hours before in the stadium parking lot. If you are negative I guess you have a chance of attending. I can't imagine how many people are going to show up to get tested in order to possibly go to the game since the team is having it's best season in over 20 years.

There's no tailgating allowed and all the usual covid protocol bullshit needs to be observed by those in attendance. At least it's progress in trying to do something to get people back. I think anyone who truly wants to attend this while positive cases are still very high is out of their f***ing mind.

Even with vaccines it's a bad idea. I'm still gonna wear a mask outside even when I get the shot especially since I just got sick a few days ago. Not wearing it after the shot is like getting a flu shot, which I got last September, and believing you're immune if you wear skimpy clothing outside. Only thing that it's affected is my sense so it could be much worse than others as I've read on social media. Honestly, taste is much worse to lose. Got some Vitamin C packets from Sprouts on Instacart so that helped. Just hoping my local Kaiser gets my shot soon.

Aside from getting mail and delivery on the porch, I haven't been outside at all.

Instacart

I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but I tested my senses in the fridge today and my smell SLIGHTLY improved. Not there yet but progress is progress. Hope it keeps up.

nvpLPer.png

So rather than going to the store and picking out your own stuff, in the middle of a pandemic, you're going to trust some stranger to put there hands on all your stuff than deliver to your door. Knowing full well it's this person's job in the middle of a pandemic, to travel around and go to multiple houses. Yeah, that makes total sense.

You can wipe off the items they bring, although the CDC says the chances of catching it from a surface is almost none, and I don't think they bring anything in the house, just leave it on the porch.

yes, exactly. I suppose if the Instacart person had Covid and licked everything and brought it in the house and then OP (I forget who it was) licked everything immediately after, that might be a problem. I’m going to assume that’s not going to happen, and also they do just leave stuff on the steps or the porch it’s just like any other delivery. the only difference being the turnaround time between when the stuff is handled and it’s delivered is a lot shorter.

unless the Instacart person is going to come in take off their mask and have a chat, I think OP safe.

• Like 1

Instacart

nvpLPer.png

yes, exactly. I suppose if the Instacart person had Covid and licked everything and brought it in the house and then OP (I forget who it was) licked everything immediately after, that might be a problem. I’m going to assume that’s not going to happen, and also they do just leave stuff on the steps or the porch it’s just like any other delivery. the only difference being the turnaround time between when the stuff is handled and it’s delivered is a lot shorter.

unless the Instacart person is going to come in take off their mask and have a chat, I think OP safe.

We`ve got a large shopping delivery coming on the 6th, last one was on the 20th Dec; hard to believe that it isn`t safer than spending two hours outside, whilst everyone around me is unable to even get close to judging what is six feet, or how to wear a mask! Plus the reduced transmission from a careful, gloved-up-and-masked driver who is the sole handler of the goods, which have been in a chilled van for many hours. The in-store items - were I there - are far more likely to have been recently handled by non-gloved customers, the type I mention before who aren`t quite understanding some basics and still wander around phone-gazing.

Instacart

nvpLPer.png

Still, I prefer just to go and get my own stuff. I feel it's better for the immune system to get out a little bit whenever you can during this. Shutting in at home when you're physically able to do things isn't going to help keep your immunity up.

Instacart

nvpLPer.png

Still, I prefer just to go and get my own stuff. I feel it's better for the immune system to get out a little bit whenever you can during this. Shutting in at home when you're physically able to do things isn't going to help keep your immunity up.

I'm in a group home so I'm under lockdown and can't go anyways.

Instacart

nvpLPer.png

I'm in a group home so I'm under lockdown and can't go anyways.

Now that makes sense why you would use instacart then.

What's the capacity of the stadium?

According to wikipedia it's over 71,000.

So the stadium will have over 90% of its seats empty? I would think they’ll have no problem social distancing in the stands, the bathrooms, the concourses, etc.

Their biggest problem may be having enough beer for the Buffaloians!

Saw the dead twice at that stadium. Love that area.

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

I'm going tomorrow, which will be Day Five of the season. Outdoors, with everyone masked and distanced, risk is close to nil.
  • Like 1

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

I'm going tomorrow, which will be Day Five of the season. Outdoors, with everyone masked and distanced, risk is close to nil.

I'd say masks aren't even needed when skiing. Maybe in the lodge, but on the slopes?

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

I'd say masks aren't even needed when skiing. Maybe in the lodge, but on the slopes?

Turns out it keeps the face nice and warm. :)

Everyone seems to understand that the resorts are lucky to be open, and mask compliance is near 100% from what I've seen so far, unnecessary as it may be.

• Like 3

1609641609[/url'>' post='4873475']
1609641167' post='4873471']
1609640931[/url'>' post='4873466']
1609621230' post='4873376']

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

Everyone seems to understand that the resorts are lucky to be open, and mask compliance is near 100% from what I've seen so far, unnecessary as it may be.

ive pretty much always worn a bandanna when I ski and when it’s super cold I wear two so the inner one doesn’t freeze. So this is the one activity that would be fine with a mask!

oh and Goose I never noticed your Sting quote there.I love that song.

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 3

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

Well yeah. I could head out today somewhere local. Gonna wait till the holiday crowds and rates are gone.

I was referring to my multi-week to Colorado this spring. Visiting multiple area and friends.

I am going either way but it would be nice to get vaccinated first.

• Like 2

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

Well yeah. I could head out today somewhere local. Gonna wait till the holiday crowds and rates are gone.

I was referring to my multi-week to Colorado this spring. Visiting multiple area and friends.

Aww, enjoy that trip! We used to live in Colorado (Utah as well but didnt ski as much there) and I loved skiing there. Steamboat, Copper Mountain and good old Winter Park were favorites.

• Like 2

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

Aww, enjoy that trip! We used to live in Colorado (Utah as well but didnt ski as much there) and I loved skiing there. Steamboat, Copper Mountain and good old Winter Park were favorites.

How come you moved?

• Like 1

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

ive pretty much always worn a bandanna when I ski and when it’s super cold I wear two so the inner one doesn’t freeze. So this is the one activity that would be fine with a mask!

oh and Goose I never noticed your Sting quote there.I love that song.

Me, too!

:cheers:

• Like 1

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

How come you moved?

We lived in Colorado when my husband was getting his teaching degree. When you're in school you kind of can't wait to finish but it was really nice living there. He finished up and the job he ended up getting at that time was in Cleveland, Ohio so we moved there next, a big change! He got to take a teaching sabbatical after awhile and did chemistry lab research at the U. of Utah for a year so we lived there for a year but came back to the same place.

• Like 2

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

How come you moved?

We lived in Colorado when my husband was getting his teaching degree. When you're in school you kind of can't wait to finish but it was really nice living there. He finished up and the job he ended up getting at that time was in Cleveland, Ohio so we moved there next, a big change! He got to take a teaching sabbatical after awhile and did chemistry lab research at the U. of Utah for a year so we lived there for a year but came back to the same place.

Are you all on double secret lockdown now?

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

How come you moved?

Are you all on double secret lockdown now?

We're going to be in triple-quadruple lockdown with all these new strains and new outbreaks! We may already be in it, I've lost track!

• Like 1

I need the vaccine

So I can go skiing.....

Thanks. Of the three, steamboat is my favorite but I have skied way more days at copper.

• Like 1