treeduck

I got hit with something around 9:30 last night. Headache, slight body aches and a vile case of the chills. Talk about shakin' all over, I was banging the stylus of my tablet against the screen like a woodpecker attacking a bug in a tree, or a palsy similar to Parkinson's. Tempature 98.8°F. Started with the Tylenol and fluids, had a fitul nights sleep. Rocky woke me up at 7 this morning, let him out and back in, temperature spike to 102.3! More Tylenol and fluids, called my PCP's office and advised them, waiting for a call back. Not as achy or chilled as last night. As it's just Rocky and I, will likely self quarrantine at home. To be continued. Shite!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I will diagnose your case as classic flu. :)

• Like 2

I got hit with something around 9:30 last night. Headache, slight body aches and a vile case of the chills. Talk about shakin' all over, I was banging the stylus of my tablet against the screen like a woodpecker attacking a bug in a tree, or a palsy similar to Parkinson's. Tempature 98.8°F. Started with the Tylenol and fluids, had a fitul nights sleep. Rocky woke me up at 7 this morning, let him out and back in, temperature spike to 102.3! More Tylenol and fluids, called my PCP's office and advised them, waiting for a call back. Not as achy or chilled as last night. As it's just Rocky and I, will likely self quarrantine at home. To be continued. Shite!

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I will diagnose your case as classic flu. :)

Yeah, BTDT, Hong Kong A flu in late '68. But the chills then were minor compared to last night. PCP and I had a telephone appoinment at 3:20, he said sound like symptoms of Covid. Asked about vaccination and testing (yes and no respectively), asked when I could get in for the test. I told him 20 minutes, and he said come on in. They were ready for me when I arrived, got the Q-tips in the nostrils, they will call me for a follow-up. And so it goes. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 2

Just did a swab for CVS drive thru today. I've had a loss of appetite lately and felt dizzy at my new job last Tuesday and had to take Wednesday off. I had a very minor throw up in my mouth as well so I want to make sure if it's delta or not since it's arrived in my state.

Don't think I'll be working here soon anyways since I'm not getting many hours. Gonna have to go back to a warehouse job manufacturing things or logistics even if it's not ridiculously close to home like my new job. At least I'll be working enough.

• Like 2

Yeah, BTDT, Hong Kong A flu in late '68. But the chills then were minor compared to last night. PCP and I had a telephone appoinment at 3:20, he said sound like symptoms of Covid. Asked about vaccination and testing (yes and no respectively), asked when I could get in for the test. I told him 20 minutes, and he said come on in. They were ready for me when I arrived, got the Q-tips in the nostrils, they will call me for a follow-up. And so it goes.

You didn't say if you have already been vaccinated for Covid, hope you are ok.

Yeah, BTDT, Hong Kong A flu in late '68. But the chills then were minor compared to last night. PCP and I had a telephone appoinment at 3:20, he said sound like symptoms of Covid. Asked about vaccination and testing (yes and no respectively), asked when I could get in for the test. I told him 20 minutes, and he said come on in. They were ready for me when I arrived, got the Q-tips in the nostrils, they will call me for a follow-up. And so it goes.

You didn't say if you have already been vaccinated for Covid, hope you are ok.

Yeah, received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine in late February and March. But more and more it's looking like PM was right, just a case of flu. Temperature back to normal, slept straight through for seven hours. Still a little achy, and not much of an apetite.
  • Like 2

Still a slight headache from whatever this "bug" I caught, but that's it. Appetite mostly back, ate a normal breakfast this morning but no lunch. Too hot (93°) to go out, and the local asse houles have started up with the fireworks. I also want to keep an eye on Rocky to verify my worries about his hearing.
  • Like 1

Up and down, shit! I was getting better Saturday and Sunday. Some aches, but temperature back down to normal. Monday, went out shopping since both Rocky and I were running out of food. The heat made me a litttle tired, but I got through it...Oh, the fantasy...

...Woke up this morning and relapsed. Fever, and another round of the aches and chill shakes, although not the Parkinson's like tremors of Thursday. Taking Tylenol, but spacing doses way out because I maxing the daily dose. Loading up on Coke and Gatorade, too. Feeling a tiny bit better, but being cautious.

Had my second AstraZeneca jab yesterday, and it`s been free of side-effects to the degree I was digging away in the garden yesterday and today. A few people I know felt pretty bad for a few days second time around, whereas I was groggy first time and Superman this time :dweez:
  • Like 2

Up and down, shit! I was getting better Saturday and Sunday. Some aches, but temperature back down to normal. Monday, went out shopping since both Rocky and I were running out of food. The heat made me a litttle tired, but I got through it...Oh, the fantasy...

...Woke up this morning and relapsed. Fever, and another round of the aches and chill shakes, although not the Parkinson's like tremors of Thursday. Taking Tylenol, but spacing doses way out because I maxing the daily dose. Loading up on Coke and Gatorade, too. Feeling a tiny bit better, but being cautious.

I had it last year and had the same experience a few times of thinking I was getting better and starting to resume a little bit of activity but then relapsing. You've got to continue to rest as much as possible even if you think you're starting to recover.

• Like 2

I had it last year and had the same experience a few times of thinking I was getting better and starting to resume a little bit of activity but then relapsing. You've got to continue to rest as much as possible even if you think you're starting to recover.

Thanks, GM. I have no choice but to rest, cause energy wise I'm shot. If it weren't for both Rocky's and my lack of food, I would have never gone out.
  • Like 2

Had my second AstraZeneca jab yesterday, and it`s been free of side-effects to the degree I was digging away in the garden yesterday and today. A few people I know felt pretty bad for a few days second time around, whereas I was groggy first time and Superman this time :dweez:

Welcome to the double AZ club! I had a worse reaction to the first shot also.

• Like 2

Doctor's office called, set follow-up for 1:45 pm tomorrow with results of covid test. He'll also give me a quick exam because he's good like that.
  • Like 1

Doctor's office called, set follow-up for 1:45 pm tomorrow with results of covid test. He'll also give me a quick exam because he's good like that.

Well, no follow-up now, office called, doctor has an emergency, sounds like all his appointments for today are in the toilet. I need to call in the afternoon to reschedule.

Louisiana currently has the highest new case rate in the country followed closely by Florida. Ron DeathSantis is enabling that in Florida.

It`s not all bad in Florida - in fact the following could be a sign of a miracle, or just a regulation epiphany.

The Pastor of the church that has lost six... what`s the word, fans? members?... he said "Part of my resolve is, yes we are praying, but we aren't just going to be praying, we are going pray and do something. And part of our doing something in this situation is that we are having a vaccination event."

"Part of my resolve is, yes we are praying, but we aren't just going to be praying, we are going to pray and do something. And part of our doing something in this situation is that we are having a vaccination event.....because vaccinations have been proven to work!"

:7up: :7up:

• Like 1

Live Nation to require proof of vaccination or a negative covid test in order to attend concerts in the US. I figured it might come to this. It's one of the main reasons I got vaccinated.

https://www.blabberm...r-u-s-concerts/

Dexter kicked the drummer out of The Offspring for not getting it. He's got a PhD in molecular biology so this is not a situation where you F around and find out. To no surprise, the stupid dumbsheet GD MFers shouting "I'm right because I say so" from Youtube U are triggered by him while simping for Crapton and Van Morrison. They've got issues and they're gonna pay.

Steve Burton, the actor who plays Jason on General Hospital has covid. He said he contracted it on set. He cancelled a set of live shows that he was scheduled to do with Bradford Anderson. I wonder if GH will have to shut down production.