treeduck

Looks like we can go to movie theaters no- oh nvm

Why on earth would you even want the option of going to the theater right now?

oh that's right... there aren't any exciting movies to go see... oops

I've gone a few times. Hardly anyone there.

oh that's right... there aren't any exciting movies to go see... oops

One local theater has been playing old classics.
  • Like 1

My bro saw the new Wonder Woman movie and went to one of those massive theaters. He said there was hardly anyone there too, about 30-40 people with a good 20-30 foot distance from the nearest moviegoer. Thinking about that and the fact that I work at a high school five days a week and commute by train (with 1 foot or less social distance while commuting)...hmm yeah...what can one do? Quit?

Last December I conducted about a hundred plus 1-to-1 speaking tests in which the students were maybe 3 feet (if that) in front of me. We wore masks but sheesh, obviously this crap is risky. Anyhoo...

My bro saw the new Wonder Woman movie and went to one of those massive theaters. He said there was hardly anyone there too, about 30-40 people with a good 20-30 foot distance from the nearest moviegoer. Thinking about that and the fact that I work at a high school five days a week and commute by train (with 1 foot or less social distance while commuting)...hmm yeah...what can one do? Quit?

Last December I conducted about a hundred plus 1-to-1 speaking tests in which the students were maybe 3 feet (if that) in front of me. We wore masks but sheesh, obviously this crap is risky. Anyhoo...

Yeah, it's the day-to-day close-proximity stuff that is risky. Glad I am fairly young and still quite healthy.

Because of the success of having fans attend the two Buffalo Bills playoff games here, the rest of New York state will now allow arenas/stadiums to have 10% capacity for events. They will follow the model they did for attending the Bills games. It's a step towards getting things going again, so this might be a good sign.

How is everything with the virus going in your neck of the woods?

I believe I had it before the disease was formally identified; I had a mild cold that lasted a few days, went away for a few days, and then came back, and when I heard about the returning symptoms, that's when I began to suspect I had it. I have not had an antibody test, so I just don't know.

Last March I caught a cold from my nephew around the time they declared a pandemic. It cleared up in a week like any other cold usually does. But I haven't been sick since then, so I sometimes wonder if I caught it and only had a mild case. There were a few people I worked with who battled some bad colds around this time last year and have been fine since then. I bet a lot of people already caught it during the first few months of last year and didn't even realize what they had.

Later this afternoon I turned autistic and I found my Windows Laptop was suddenly able to read my thoughts.

You forgot to wear your tinfoil hat, silly! :hi:

If there are any problems in the US they will track us by the chips in our butts put there years ago by previous vaccines. It's pretty organized over here.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Later this afternoon I turned autistic and I found my Windows Laptop was suddenly able to read my thoughts.

If there are any problems in the US they will track us by the chips in our butts put there years ago by previous vaccines. It's pretty organized over here.

:laughing guy:

• Like 3

There's also the chip they inject into everyone that makes you know every Beatles song even if you have never been a fan.

• Like 2

There's also the chip they inject into everyone that makes you know every Beatles song even if you have never been a fan.

:lol: :lol: Ain't that the truth??

• Like 2

ok, latest vax distribution rant from me.

So my 89 year old mother in law finally got her first vax today. This was done in a former Pfizer office building right across the Pfizer plant where the vax is made. Biden just made a visit there on Friday. So every logical bone in your body says she gets the Pfizer vax right?

Nope she got Moderna. :wtf:

I get my second on Tuesday. The first was Pfizer. The 2nd needs to be Pfizer or I will do some serious questioning about mixing manufacturers.

• Like 1

ok, latest vax distribution rant from me.

So my 89 year old mother in law finally got her first vax today. This was done in a former Pfizer office building right across the Pfizer plant where the vax is made. Biden just made a visit there on Friday. So every logical bone in your body says she gets the Pfizer vax right?

Nope she got Moderna. :wtf:

I get my second on Tuesday. The first was Pfizer. The 2nd needs to be Pfizer or I will do some serious questioning about mixing manufacturers.

The second dose has to be the same manufacturer, same vaccine in order for the total package to work as intended.

The first dose tells your immune system how to attack the spike protein. The second dose (somehow) tells your immune system to commit that knowledge to long term memory.

Both Moderna and Pfeizer work the same way. I don't know the difference between the two, but apparently there is a difference. Meybe they target different parts of the spike protein. I dunno'..that's a guess.

Glad you're getting vaccinated. Good luck.

Edited by grep