treeduck

Sharon Osbourne has tested positive. Ozzy has tested negative. What this tells me is that whatever kills the coronavirus is within Ozzy's body.

So it’s a cocktail consisting of an ocean’s worth of booze, a mountain range of coke, and a couple of decades-old bat heads?

• Like 3

Sharon Osbourne has tested positive. Ozzy has tested negative. What this tells me is that whatever kills the coronavirus is within Ozzy's body.

So it’s a cocktail consisting of an ocean’s worth of booze, a mountain range of coke, and a couple of decades-old bat heads?

That, plus the other menagerie of pharmacopeia-legal and otherwise.
  • Like 1

That, plus the other menagerie of pharmacopeia-legal and otherwise.

Yeah, narrowing it down and eliminating the false leads would take tandem Cray super-computers a decade to figure out . . .

• Like 2

Quick useless info update: because of it's microscopic size the total volume of covid-19, that has infected 53 million people, is just a mere 8 ml or 0.2 fluid ounces, about a tea spoon full.

Interesting. Seems like something that small might make it's way through a standard cloth mask, but I'm no scientist.

At my physical recently, I asked my doctor about the efficacy of masks. I was wearing a cloth one, he was wearing a more "diesel" one. He said that the one I was wearing does nothing. Which raises the question of why require that people wear a face covering if so many people are wearing something that is not effective.

Science!!!*

New research on the limited effectiveness of masks alone...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/12/201222132057.htm

Wearing a mask may not be enough to prevent the spread of COVID-19 without social distancing. Researchers tested how different types of mask impacted the spread of droplets that carry the coronavirus when we cough or sneeze. Every material tested dramatically reduced the number of droplets that were spread. But at distances of less than 6 feet, enough droplets to potentially cause illness still made it through several of the materials.

Yesterday, for the first time, I saw a list of COVID recommendations in a public place that had distancing listed first. That was encouraging.

• Like 1

Quick useless info update: because of it's microscopic size the total volume of covid-19, that has infected 53 million people, is just a mere 8 ml or 0.2 fluid ounces, about a tea spoon full.

Interesting. Seems like something that small might make it's way through a standard cloth mask, but I'm no scientist.

At my physical recently, I asked my doctor about the efficacy of masks. I was wearing a cloth one, he was wearing a more "diesel" one. He said that the one I was wearing does nothing. Which raises the question of why require that people wear a face covering if so many people are wearing something that is not effective.

Science!!!*

Wearing a mask may not be enough to prevent the spread of COVID-19 without social distancing. Researchers tested how different types of mask impacted the spread of droplets that carry the coronavirus when we cough or sneeze. Every material tested dramatically reduced the number of droplets that were spread. But at distances of less than 6 feet, enough droplets to potentially cause illness still made it through several of the materials.

Yesterday, for the first time, I saw a list of COVID recommendations in a public place that had distancing listed first. That was encouraging.

I think people would less likely follow distancing rules than mask wearing rules. OR there’d be a miscalculation of distance (4 feet vs 6 feet vs 9 feet or whatever) which would lead some going “Tom Cruise” on others :P

Science!!!*

I think people would less likely follow distancing rules than mask wearing rules. OR there’d be a miscalculation of distance (4 feet vs 6 feet vs 9 feet or whatever) which would lead some going “Tom Cruise” on others :P

And the spread continues. Through imagery all summer, the unitentional message has been, 'Wear a mask and you're safe', when we should have known that's not the case. :(

I was offered a job that involved taking care of covid patients but I turned it down because it scared the hell outta me. I didn't wanna get sick and pass it onto my family.,

Science!!!*

https://www.scienced...01222132057.htm

And the spread continues. Through imagery all summer, the unitentional message has been, 'Wear a mask and you're safe', when we should have known that's not the case. :(

Particularly when I would bet upwards of 80% of the public are wearing something of very little effectiveness.

I was at my son's hockey game yesterday. Only 1 parent of each player could attend. You had to sit in the stands in spots marked out with an "X." If the facility was serious, they would allow people to stand up along the glass (which in saner times is what I did), and just tell people to spread out. According to my son, the coach told them that the AD was there watching to make sure they had their masks on while they were on the bench UNLESS they were drinking water, so make sure they had their water bottles in their hands at all times on the bench.

And the silliness continues.

They are going to allow 6,700 fans to attend the Buffalo Bills home playoff game here on January 9th. They will have testing set 72 hours before in the stadium parking lot. If you are negative I guess you have a chance of attending. I can't imagine how many people are going to show up to get tested in order to possibly go to the game since the team is having it's best season in over 20 years.

There's no tailgating allowed and all the usual covid protocol bullshit needs to be observed by those in attendance. At least it's progress in trying to do something to get people back. I think anyone who truly wants to attend this while positive cases are still very high is out of their f***ing mind.

• Like 2

They are going to allow 6,700 fans to attend the Buffalo Bills home playoff game here on January 9th. They will have testing set 72 hours before in the stadium parking lot. If you are negative I guess you have a chance of attending. I can't imagine how many people are going to show up to get tested in order to possibly go to the game since the team is having it's best season in over 20 years.

There's no tailgating allowed and all the usual covid protocol bullshit needs to be observed by those in attendance. At least it's progress in trying to do something to get people back. I think anyone who truly wants to attend this while positive cases are still very high is out of their f***ing mind.

Even with vaccines it's a bad idea. I'm still gonna wear a mask outside even when I get the shot especially since I just got sick a few days ago. Not wearing it after the shot is like getting a flu shot, which I got last September, and believing you're immune if you wear skimpy clothing outside. Only thing that it's affected is my sense so it could be much worse than others as I've read on social media. Honestly, taste is much worse to lose. Got some Vitamin C packets from Sprouts on Instacart so that helped. Just hoping my local Kaiser gets my shot soon.

Aside from getting mail and delivery on the porch, I haven't been outside at all.

Even with vaccines it's a bad idea. I'm still gonna wear a mask outside even when I get the shot especially since I just got sick a few days ago. Not wearing it after the shot is like getting a flu shot, which I got last September, and believing you're immune if you wear skimpy clothing outside. Only thing that it's affected is my sense so it could be much worse than others as I've read on social media. Honestly, taste is much worse to lose. Got some Vitamin C packets from Sprouts on Instacart so that helped. Just hoping my local Kaiser gets my shot soon.

Aside from getting mail and delivery on the porch, I haven't been outside at all.

You don't even leave the house to go to the grocery store?

What's the capacity of the stadium?

73,967, but I heard they're considering closing the roof. ;) Edited by laughedatbytime

According to wikipedia it's over 71,000.

According to wikipedia it's over 71,000.

So the stadium will have over 90% of its seats empty? I would think they’ll have no problem social distancing in the stands, the bathrooms, the concourses, etc.

73,967, but I heard they're considering closing the roof. ;)

They put a roof on Bill's stadium? When did that happen?

I was kidding.

But it's not like they'll have the entire stadium open, right? I mean do you think they're going to spread those people throughout the entire Stadium, all the levels,all of the seats or are they still going to just cram them into one area and put a few empty seats in between each person?

But it's not like they'll have the entire stadium open, right? I mean do you think they're going to spread those people throughout the entire Stadium, all the levels,all of the seats or are they still going to just cram them into one area and put a few empty seats in between each person?

I'm not sure. I know that season ticket holders have first dibs on getting tested and possibly getting to go. So, I guess they would just sit wherever they have their tickets. But 6,700 only covers half of the season ticket holders anyways. The Bills are using a private company to do the testing. People will have to pay sixty something dollars for the test too. I hope that company really knows what it's doing. Opening testing only 72 hours before the game doesn't leave a lot of time to thoroughly run threw all those tests. I know a couple people who have been tested and they had to wait five days to find out the results. I don't think they will even reach the 6,700 capacity for this game.

Instacart

I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but I tested my senses in the fridge today and my smell SLIGHTLY improved. Not there yet but progress is progress. Hope it keeps up.

nvpLPer.png

• Like 2

Instacart

I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but I tested my senses in the fridge today and my smell SLIGHTLY improved. Not there yet but progress is progress. Hope it keeps up.

nvpLPer.png

So rather than going to the store and picking out your own stuff, in the middle of a pandemic, you're going to trust some stranger to put there hands on all your stuff than deliver to your door. Knowing full well it's this person's job in the middle of a pandemic, to travel around and go to multiple houses. Yeah, that makes total sense.