treeduck

I'd do anything for my country!

We need you to responsibly distance in public.

WhatsApp-Image-2020-11-07-at-7.26.40-PM-1-1500x999.jpeg

No social distancing here and nary a mask either.

b4dNc6T.jpg

Stupid has no political bounds.

Just look at Newsom and the Austin mayor.

Now Rudy has it.

TnJ6Pk2.gif

Not only that, Giuliani spoke to both the Arizona and Michigan state legislatures this week with no mask, and both legislatures have to quarantine now because of the exposure. :(. People should know by now that it spreads in close quarters.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Stolen from Reddit:

How did Giuliani go from being the mayor of 9/11 to the 9/11 of mayors?

I met him a few times in the late 80's and early 90's. Was always impressed by him. But now i'm compulsively washing my right hand, having used it to shake his back then.

Just to be sure I don't catch anything.

Edited by grep
  • Like 5

Stolen from Reddit:

I met him a few times in the late 80's and early 90's. Was always impressed by him. But now i'm compulsively washing my right hand, having used it to shake his back then.

I think Trump has done for him the same thing he's done for millions of others, dumbed them down.

• Like 1

Stolen from Reddit:

I think Trump has done for him the same thing he's done for millions of others, dumbed them down.

Both people who supported him and those who didn't.
  • Like 2

Stolen from Reddit:

Both people who supported him and those who didn't.

Truer words never spoken!

I felt like Rudy did a good job after 9/11, but since then....

Anyway, I am hearing about more and more people I know or one person removed, who are getting Covid. Not old people either. Like, 20s - 40s.

• Like 1

We just got the news a friend in Idaho got the virus and was dead in 5 days, blood clots in her lungs. Another friend we hadn't seen in awhile got the virus while in a care center, he died in early December. It is scary and no joke.
  • Like 1

I`m part of the Royal College of London research volunteer group, and I`m being sent a test kit in January. Then I`ll know if I`ve had Covid, or have it at the time of the test I suppose. I`m curious if I`ve had it, but I`ve not had any symptoms at any time, which isn`t surprising as I would happily live in permanent lockdown or with restrictions and a masks even if there wasn`t pandemic. Every time I go out for milk or something I have to jump start the car such is the infrequent use, and I`ve driven only 200 miles since March.
  • Like 1

I`m part of the Royal College of London research volunteer group, and I`m being sent a test kit in January. Then I`ll know if I`ve had Covid, or have it at the time of the test I suppose. I`m curious if I`ve had it, but I`ve not had any symptoms at any time, which isn`t surprising as I would happily live in permanent lockdown or with restrictions and a masks even if there wasn`t pandemic. Every time I go out for milk or something I have to jump start the car such is the infrequent use, and I`ve driven only 200 miles since March.

I would suggest starting up the car a couple times a week and let it run for 10-15 minutes. That way you don't have to worry about jump starting it when you do have to go somewhere. I don't think regularly jumping the battery would be good for it but I am not an auto mechanic, so what do I know?

As for my area, the virus is starting to move more outward as the infection rates in the suburbs and more rural regions has been the main reason for the positivity rates getting to record highs. The virus is pretty much everywhere now and not just spreading in the highly populated neighborhoods.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I would suggest starting up the car a couple times a week and let it run for 10-15 minutes. That way you don't have to worry about jump starting it when you do have to go somewhere. I don't think regularly jumping the battery would be good for it but I am not an auto mechanic, so what do I know?

As for my area, the virus is starting to move more outward as the infection rates in the suburbs and more rural regions has been the main reason for the positivity rates getting to record highs. The virus is pretty much everywhere now and not just spreading in the highly populated neighborhoods.

I`m trying to remember there`s a world out there, and have been out twice in the last week!!... but only as my wife had two hospital appointments. My car`s happier though.

The latest figures are 192 per 100,000 in my town. I don`t have any idea how that compares to your area, but it seems like a very low figure to me. 1 in 115 people or something is the estimate for the UK.

I`m trying to remember there`s a world out there, and have been out twice in the last week!!... but only as my wife had two hospital appointments. My car`s happier though.

The latest figures are 192 per 100,000 in my town. I don`t have any idea how that compares to your area, but it seems like a very low figure to me. 1 in 115 people or something is the estimate for the UK.

They're doing the numbers by positivity rates for each county. In my county the positivity rate has been fluctuating between six and nine percent positive for the last month or so. We have never gotten to ten percent which is good. But these numbers are only based on who is getting tested. It could be higher than that if people are sick and don't get tested.

I still have to go into work since my job is considered by the state to be essential services. There's only a handful of us in the building right now and everyone has been well since this started. That includes the 90 year old security guard who works the main desk. He's been showing up and working his 40 hours a week every week since the lockdowns started and he hasn't been sick once so far. I know a lot of people are getting sick but I haven't witnessed it myself. I see everyone around here doing what they need to do in order to stay safe and go about their business the best that they can.

They're doing the numbers by positivity rates for each county. In my county the positivity rate has been fluctuating between six and nine percent positive for the last month or so. We have never gotten to ten percent which is good. But these numbers are only based on who is getting tested. It could be higher than that if people are sick and don't get tested.

Even higher since so many COVID+ don't get sick. Unless by sick you meant infected?

I still have to go into work since my job is considered by the state to be essential services. There's only a handful of us in the building right now and everyone has been well since this started. That includes the 90 year old security guard who works the main desk. He's been showing up and working his 40 hours a week every week since the lockdowns started and he hasn't been sick once so far. I know a lot of people are getting sick but I haven't witnessed it myself. I see everyone around here doing what they need to do in order to stay safe and go about their business the best that they can.

The absolute number of people who have it is higher if everyone is not tested but the percentage of people that have it at one time is very much lower because you're adding disproportionately mor people to the denominator than the numerator.

• Like 1

The absolute number of people who have it is higher if everyone is not tested but the percentage of people that have it at one time is very much lower because you're adding disproportionately mor people to the denominator than the numerator.

Yes that’s how numbers work. But how do some go from that to “hoax”? Also, nearly 1.6 million dead globally is still nothing to be “ho-him” about. Even if 25% of that 1.6 is “exaggerated” or “deaths that shouldn’t be included under COVID” numbers, that’s still 1.2 million dead.

This is the part where someone says there are more spork-related deaths in a single season.

• Like 2

Yes that’s how numbers work. But how do some go from that to “hoax”? Also, nearly 1.6 million dead globally is still nothing to be “ho-him” about. Even if 25% of that 1.6 is “exaggerated” or “deaths that shouldn’t be included under COVID” numbers, that’s still 1.2 million dead.

This is the part where someone says there are more spork-related deaths in a single season.

Thousands of people die from spork related incidents every year, they're just not widely reported -- David St. Hubbins

Thousands of people die from spork related incidents every year, they're just not widely reported -- David St. Hubbins

You can’t dust for vomit.

The virus has been hitting our area worse than any previous times. Our county had an all time case high of 12,792 today, when earlier this summer, 6000 was considered very high. Positivity rate of 14.6 percent. :(

It is worrisome because for the first time, I have friends who are ill with covid, and 2 friends have lost their moms in the past 2 days to the virus. :(

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that Becky. I think some people think the vaccine is going to be the immediate answer. But it's going to take time.
  • Like 2

According to state data released yesterday, close to 75 percent of the positive infections over the last few months have come from household gatherings. Bars and restaurants account for only 1.5 percent and salons and gyms are even lower than that.

So, skip the gatherings for now so you can have many more safe ones in the years to come. It seems pretty simple to me.

• Like 2

According to state data released yesterday, close to 75 percent of the positive infections over the last few months have come from household gatherings. Bars and restaurants account for only 1.5 percent and salons and gyms are even lower than that.

So, skip the gatherings for now so you can have many more safe ones in the years to come. It seems pretty simple to me.

Sounds super sciency.