treeduck

Move this thread to SOCN

I hope not. It’s only natural that this topic would creep into other parts of TRF.

Over 88000 people have passed away from Covid 19 in the USA so far through May 17th.

It's a horrific and sad number.

However, almost 62,000 people die from the flu every year in the USA.

How come no one ever watches the news or follows the numbers on that viral tragedy??????

Do you really think they are going to find a vaccine for COVID-19????

This is WAAAAAY different folks.

So basically they are going to make a vaccine for 19 that is essentially like a cliche yearly flu shot.

Well that's not going to be 100% effective.

Do the math.

The Coronavirus vaccine will probably only be 33.3% effective.

I have never taken a flu shot and I never will.

Now as many of you know I was deathly ill back on Feb 9th 2020.

I thought I had the virus before everyone started to get serious about it.

It could have just been a hardcore flu. Yes, I wanted to die. Couldn't eat. Couldn't taste. Only drank liquids for 4 days.

Had chills. Had a slight fever. Slept 21 hours a day. Had a horrific weird ass cough.

Never had a problem breathing though.

So my point is.

Tuesday I am going to Labcorp to get the Covid Antibody Test.

I hope I am positive!!!

I will surely let you know!!!

If I'm positive, then f**k it..... I'm going to Maui for a month.

Kidding.

Mahalo!

• Like 1

Move this thread to SOCN

Absolutely not. This is not a political issue. It is a social issue as well as a health issue.

What if we have another huge natural disaster, like another hurricane or an earthquake? Should we also discuss it in that dysfunctional Forum?

Don't make it into a political issue, and there will be no problem.

AMEN!

Vai doesn't look all that different from the Crossroads days even though he's 60 now.

Well Pat. He is the Devil.

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

Nah, Vai wasn't the Devil. He was Jack Butler, a guy who sold his soul for guitar skills. Maybe that'd make Satriani the Devil? :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

S.illy

Obscene

C.umbersome

N.onsense

Hey! Just like me!!! No wonder I will never join it!! LOL!!!!!

I think of SOCN like a 10 pack of dogs - 7 or 8 get along perfectly fine and either contribute much or don't stir up unnecessary shit. But then there are 2 or 3 that are barking up a storm and foaming at the mouth anytime another dog even looks at their feeding bowl.

Signed,

Now you're messin' with a sonofabitch

:P

• Like 2

Vai doesn't look all that different from the Crossroads days even though he's 60 now.

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I still like Vai's old stuff, the David Lee Roth stuff, Alcatrazz, Whitesnake and his earlier solo albums, Flexable, Passion & Warfare, Sex & Religion, but after that he lost his way for me with his patchy albums with weak tunes and bad singing. Listening to that song there from his 1995 mini album Alien Love Secrets, the song and his playing and his overall style sounds way too gimmicky to me now. There's not much to that song and the soloing lacks balls and is too effects-heavy. His last good album was that live album from 2001 which he recorded on tour with first time performances during gigs. I liked how he based each song on each city of the world he was in which forced him to use his imagination to come up with different chords and weird scales instead of the standard Vai tapping licks and riffs. Since then in the last 20 years he's released 2 more weak albums, about 50 compilation albums and about 20 live albums, so he's fresh out of ideas altogether now.

• Like 1

Move this thread to SOCN

I hope not. It’s only natural that this topic would creep into other parts of TRF.

Over 88000 people have passed away from Covid 19 in the USA so far through May 17th.

It's a horrific and sad number.

However, almost 62,000 people die from the flu every year in the USA.

How come no one ever watches the news or follows the numbers on that viral tragedy??????

Do you really think they are going to find a vaccine for COVID-19????

This is WAAAAAY different folks.

So basically they are going to make a vaccine for 19 that is essentially like a cliche yearly flu shot.

Well that's not going to be 100% effective.

Do the math.

The Coronavirus vaccine will probably only be 33.3% effective.

I have never taken a flu shot and I never will.

Now as many of you know I was deathly ill back on Feb 9th 2020.

I thought I had the virus before everyone started to get serious about it.

It could have just been a hardcore flu. Yes, I wanted to die. Couldn't eat. Couldn't taste. Only drank liquids for 4 days.

Had chills. Had a slight fever. Slept 21 hours a day. Had a horrific weird ass cough.

Never had a problem breathing though.

So my point is.

Tuesday I am going to Labcorp to get the Covid Antibody Test.

I hope I am positive!!!

I will surely let you know!!!

If I'm positive, then f**k it..... I'm going to Maui for a month.

Kidding.

Mahalo!

You had Captain Tripps Earl!

• Like 1

I love the idea of if you want to risk going to a large gathering then that’s your right to do so. Not.

What about your family, what’s the risk you are putting them in? Even if you live alone you’ve heightened your risk of catching it and therefore increased the risk of giving it to someone else (do you still work? Public transport? Etc) and that someone else could get seriously ill with it and die.

That’s a great way to manage the risk for other people. Not. Don’t they call this sociopathy?

• Like 6

I’m in great shape.

When was the last time you tested your BMI?

I walk many miles a day

Lift weights at home

Play drums

Drumming is the best workout

I weight 187

I’m 6 foot 2 inches.

My BMI is between 150-195.

I’m fine.

Fast food and drinking soda is the Devil’s Work.

What about testing your ASCAP or SESAC in relation here?

• Like 2

So, is anyone here living in an area that has opened back up? They say that our region is close all they need to do is hire more contact tracers to find out how people got infected. How are things going if your area is opened again? Any spike in positive covid cases?

S.illy

Obscene

C.umbersome

N.onsense

Me either. i come here to escape bullshit not engage in it.

In my estimation, what starts in SOCN rarely ends there.....

Lost a lot of great members over the years due to pissing matches there IMO.

Subdivisions

I love the idea of if you want to risk going to a large gathering then that’s your right to do so. Not.

What about your family, what’s the risk you are putting them in? Even if you live alone you’ve heightened your risk of catching it and therefore increased the risk of giving it to someone else (do you still work? Public transport? Etc) and that someone else could get seriously ill with it and die.

That’s a great way to manage the risk for other people. Not. Don’t they call this sociopathy?

we are pissing blindly into a fan.

as ged said, all we can do is wash them well!

• Like 2

we are pissing blindly into a fan.

as ged said, all we can do is wash them well!

It's true. They can get pretty stinky in quarantine.

• Like 1

A good part of the U.S. is now testing what the results of doing those things will be, things may turn out alright, or Mexico might gladly end up paying to finish that wall.
  • Like 1

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

Nah, Vai wasn't the Devil. He was Jack Butler, a guy who sold his soul for guitar skills. Maybe that'd make Satriani the Devil? :LOL:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's true. I must watch "Crossroads" again. It's been too long! I wish it was on blu-ray!!

• Like 1

S.illy

Obscene

C.umbersome

N.onsense

I think of SOCN like a 10 pack of dogs - 7 or 8 get along perfectly fine and either contribute much or don't stir up unnecessary shit. But then there are 2 or 3 that are barking up a storm and foaming at the mouth anytime another dog even looks at their feeding bowl.

Signed,

Now you're messin' with a sonofabitch

:P

Hahahaha! I would probably be that 11th dog in the pack that joins in too late yet takes the whole thing over and becomes the leader. Like the dog BUCK in "The Call Of The Wild." LOL!!!! Watch it!

Satan never ages.

Makes sense to me.

I still like Vai's old stuff, the David Lee Roth stuff, Alcatrazz, Whitesnake and his earlier solo albums, Flexable, Passion & Warfare, Sex & Religion, but after that he lost his way for me with his patchy albums with weak tunes and bad singing. Listening to that song there from his 1995 mini album Alien Love Secrets, the song and his playing and his overall style sounds way too gimmicky to me now. There's not much to that song and the soloing lacks balls and is too effects-heavy. His last good album was that live album from 2001 which he recorded on tour with first time performances during gigs. I liked how he based each song on each city of the world he was in which forced him to use his imagination to come up with different chords and weird scales instead of the standard Vai tapping licks and riffs. Since then in the last 20 years he's released 2 more weak albums, about 50 compilation albums and about 20 live albums, so he's fresh out of ideas altogether now.

Well we are brothers Pat. I feel the same way about VAI. He totally lost me after "Sex & Religion." Don't forget the ep "Alien Love Secrets." I liked it. I have a Japan cd pressing first pressing with guitar pick.

• Like 1