treeduck

Idiot Needs a shot of reality on what's going on with this virus. Walk a mile in the other person's moccasins.

8LiZsD1.gif

• Like 2

Update to Mrs Hemi's situation with Covid Symptoms and her jackass boss:

Finally, she was tested for Covid and was negative. It was only in the past week where they allowed mild to moderate symptomatic people to be tested. Due to shortages of tests and supplies the previous criteria was one foot in the grave. A negative is no guarantee; I'm reading tests are coming up 15-30% false negatives. But it's something to go on. The bad news is she's still a hot mess with her symptoms. She's getting treatment for asthma and possible sinus infection. Her employer has backed off at this point, but they didn't have much choice. They're slow right now anyway and really don't need her. They are still paying her regular salary. Since her pay is highly bonus driven, it's gonna be shit the next few months anyway. She'll probably get more on unemployment short term. She could do alot of her job from home if they provided remote connection to her PC, but they're Neanderthals so we're not expecting that to happen.

Health is more important than job.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 3

Update to Mrs Hemi's situation with Covid Symptoms and her jackass boss:

Finally, she was tested for Covid and was negative. It was only in the past week where they allowed mild to moderate symptomatic people to be tested. Due to shortages of tests and supplies the previous criteria was one foot in the grave. A negative is no guarantee; I'm reading tests are coming up 15-30% false negatives. But it's something to go on. The bad news is she's still a hot mess with her symptoms. She's getting treatment for asthma and possible sinus infection. Her employer has backed off at this point, but they didn't have much choice. They're slow right now anyway and really don't need her. They are still paying her regular salary. Since her pay is highly bonus driven, it's gonna be shit the next few months anyway. She'll probably get more on unemployment short term. She could do alot of her job from home if they provided remote connection to her PC, but they're Neanderthals so we're not expecting that to happen.

Health is more important than job.

I'm glad she tested negative, anyway! Having a lack of tests and having to wait for one lets other infections get a foothold I think.

Your wife's situation sounds similar to my daughter in law. She had respiratory problems for a month and it took a long time for the test results to come back. Once she was found negative they were able to diagnose massive bronchitis, good news was that some super antibiotic took care of it in 3 days.

I hope your wife feels better soon! I'm glad she is getting paid, anyway. I'm sure her customers miss her.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Who the HECK is this twirk? ^

3i9UN2D.gif

He was in Willy Wonka and the virus got him... :rose: :eh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ2j9yK_NY

I knew him from the Goodies, which we used to get on CBC right after school. They were silly and surreal and they made me laugh like hell at the time.

And we can certainly use laughter, especially now.

Here’s young Iron Man trying to cheer his pal up:

This usually works for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnmDSmS0pFk

So damn dumb, yet so damn funny. Damn!

Just what I needed, a good laugh and Monty Python is spot on :D :16ton:

Out of curiosity, why is a health care worker doing this? I would assume he has patients to attend to. Unless the protestors are coming in to the facility, something I doubt is happening (my aunt was in the hospital in March and they weren't letting ANYONE in), why is this gentleman doing something other than addressing patients' needs?

I don't know how serious you are, so I'm sorry if I failed the internet test of taking things too literally, but isn't that question rather reductive? It's not like there are only two possible modes for all health care workers: at work or asleep. Maybe he's on a break? Maybe he considers helping to slow the spread of unnecessary social contact a kind of health care service he's providing?

Is crowd control his job though? If people are creating problems at the facility, I would think that's a matter for the facility's security, or the police. How is this woman engaging in unnecessary social contact? She's in a car. Nothing creates worse conditions in public then when people take it upon themselves to "police" other people. If he thinks what she's doing is "wrong," on a public way, call the police and let them handle it. If she's doing it on hospital grounds, call security and let them handle it.

In Lansing protests, the cars were blocking hospital entrances.

https://www.independ...s-a9468756.html

So when does your right to protest more important than ambulances getting into the hospital?

Why were they doing this? Perhaps because they were fed up with the idiocy?

If you're blocking the entrance to a hospital with a vehicle the police will move you. Is that what this woman is doing? Why isn't he blocking the car directly behind him?

Do we want individuals deciding for themselves what constitutes "idiocy" and enforcing that? The guy in the photo is a nurse. There are countless lawsuits against nurses for negligence resulting in people's death every year. The point being is no one is infallible just because they work in the health care industry. I have no idea what the woman in the photo was doing. What if she doesn't work for a company that keeps paying it's employees during the quarantine? What if she operates a small business that's going under and she can't pay her mortgage? She has no right to question why her business is closed but liquor stores (as they are here in MA) are open?

It is a simple push back to the protestors, I understand people want their rights respected but how does a protest that purposely encourages irresponsible behaviors really help? Yes they are angry and want to have their say but why is it necessary to flaunt the warnings to socially distance? It is foolish behavior and I am glad someone stood up to them. The picture has gone around the world and made the point very well.

• Like 3

Out of curiosity, why is a health care worker doing this? I would assume he has patients to attend to. Unless the protestors are coming in to the facility, something I doubt is happening (my aunt was in the hospital in March and they weren't letting ANYONE in), why is this gentleman doing something other than addressing patients' needs?

I don't know how serious you are, so I'm sorry if I failed the internet test of taking things too literally, but isn't that question rather reductive? It's not like there are only two possible modes for all health care workers: at work or asleep. Maybe he's on a break? Maybe he considers helping to slow the spread of unnecessary social contact a kind of health care service he's providing?

Is crowd control his job though? If people are creating problems at the facility, I would think that's a matter for the facility's security, or the police. How is this woman engaging in unnecessary social contact? She's in a car. Nothing creates worse conditions in public then when people take it upon themselves to "police" other people. If he thinks what she's doing is "wrong," on a public way, call the police and let them handle it. If she's doing it on hospital grounds, call security and let them handle it.

In Lansing protests, the cars were blocking hospital entrances.

https://www.independ...s-a9468756.html

So when does your right to protest more important than ambulances getting into the hospital?

Why were they doing this? Perhaps because they were fed up with the idiocy?

If you're blocking the entrance to a hospital with a vehicle the police will move you. Is that what this woman is doing? Why isn't he blocking the car directly behind him?

Do we want individuals deciding for themselves what constitutes "idiocy" and enforcing that? The guy in the photo is a nurse. There are countless lawsuits against nurses for negligence resulting in people's death every year. The point being is no one is infallible just because they work in the health care industry. I have no idea what the woman in the photo was doing. What if she doesn't work for a company that keeps paying it's employees during the quarantine? What if she operates a small business that's going under and she can't pay her mortgage? She has no right to question why her business is closed but liquor stores (as they are here in MA) are open?

It is a simple push back to the protestors, I understand people want their rights respected but how does a protest that purposely encourages irresponsible behaviors really help? Yes they are angry and want to have their say but why is it necessary to flaunt the warnings to socially distance? It is foolish behavior and I am glad someone stood up to them. The picture has gone around the world and made the point very well.

Then I guess I'm confused. Some have suggested he was just clearing the way for ambulances. Is that what he's doing, or is he doing what you're saying, "pushing back?" If it's the latter, then he doesn't have a right to decide whether her right to protest has merit. She's in a car. How is she not "socially distancing?" It sounds like people might be more concerned with what she's (assumed) to be saying. My own view is we should be careful about deciding when something someone is saying is foolish and that it shouldn't be heard at all.

• Like 1

Today's Lansing protest outside the governors mansion. I think the media outnumbered the protesters. :rfl: They had to pull back the camera shot on tv so they could show more than 4 at a time.

whitmer+mansion+protest.png

• Like 3

Thank you, I needed this today! :heart: :heart: Plus husband came running from the other room- "Did I ever tell you about when I saw them in the 70'S?" :LOL: :LOL: Love the BOC!

I saw them on 'The Black and Blue Tour' in '80 with Black Sabbath. Both Excellent bands, excellent music. I have "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" as my ''get UP'' alarm on my phone.

8gXOaXx.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 4

Thank you, I needed this today! :heart: :heart: Plus husband came running from the other room- "Did I ever tell you about when I saw them in the 70'S?" :LOL: :LOL: Love the BOC!

I saw them on 'The Black and Blue Tour' in '80 with Black Sabbath. Both Excellent bands, excellent music. I have "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" as my ''get UP'' alarm on my phone.

Where was that show?

I saw that show in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena on 05 October 1980.

f29fd0a24fd1c854cae1bc0456f403e7--banana-cartoon-rock-stars.jpg

• Like 4

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes. The official names are:

Disease

coronavirus disease

(COVID-19)

Virus

severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2

(SARS-CoV-2)

Why do the virus and the disease have different names?

Viruses, and the diseases they cause, often have different names. For example, HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. People often know the name of a disease, but not the name of the virus that causes it.

---

ICTV announced “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)” as the name of the new virus on 11 February 2020. This name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the coronavirus responsible for the SARS outbreak of 2003. While related, the two viruses are different.

More

So in light of the fact that this latest virus can legitimately be called SARS 2, it's time to haul out this puppy.

(Some awesome social distancing going on here, eh?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpZFnJ6ZT8

Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 1

I saw BOC open for Rush back in the day

in the meantime, anyone care for a Lysol bong hit?

I’d rather trust Dr Rosenpenis.

%20https%3A//i.imgur.com/8gOX8mT.gif

:laughing guy:

Ever seen a spleen that large?

No, not since breakfast.

Trump is to Chandler Bing what Nickelback are to Pearl Jam. Leave sarcasm to the pros.

m8JCTDq.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Where was that show?

I saw that show in Detroit at the Joe Louis Arena on 05 October 1980.

f29fd0a24fd1c854cae1bc0456f403e7--banana-cartoon-rock-stars.jpg

I was there also! Still got my ticket stub!

ZFMYlpY.gif

• Like 2

%20https%3A//i.imgur.com/fxokQ1q_d.jpg

Karen is a creep who needs to stop chasing waterfalls.

While I agree with the sentiment, not all Karens are batshit crazy :16ton:

• Like 2

%20https%3A//i.imgur.com/fxokQ1q_d.jpg

Karen is a creep who needs to stop chasing waterfalls.

While I agree with the sentiment, not all Karens are batshit crazy :16ton:

"

I want to see batshit crazy Karen. how do I do that?

3i9UN2D.gif

• Like 1

I saw BOC open for Rush back in the day

in the meantime, anyone care for a Lysol bong hit?

I’d rather trust Dr Rosenpenis.

%20https%3A//i.imgur.com/8gOX8mT.gif

:laughing guy:

Ever seen a spleen that large?

No, not since breakfast.

Trump is to Chandler Bing what Nickelback are to Pearl Jam. Leave sarcasm to the pros.

%20https%3A//imgur.com/m8JCTDq.jpg

Who the f**k would want to know what the hell Wil "Wesley Crusher" Wheaton has to say?