treeduck

I Pray every day for those stricken with this virus... I want things to get back to the way they were . I feel helpless. Confused.

:hug2: :hug2: It's such a weird time, I think it's almost normal to feel a little out of the normal. It doesn't make it any easier though. Hang in there!

Well said. I’d say it shows you’re in tune if you do feel things are out of sorts...because they are.

As I sit here in my living room in the Far East about 20 minutes from midnight going into Monday, I thought I should add:

If you're able to take care of yourself and keep others out of harm by being safe with all the usual precautions, then you're not helpless. You're being helpful. And by doing such things it shows that you're also not confused.

:goodone: Very wise and comforting words, indeed.
  • Like 5

I find it amusing that business people, politicians, etc. think we'll turn everything back on like a faucet and everything will immediately go back to 2 months ago. It's the working stiffs that drive the economy and if they're concerned having lost a job, worried about losing a job, having themselves or a close one get sick, etc....they probably aren't gonna spend like the stupid cash monkeys they were before this started happening. So really...wants the point in starting back up with people's heads are still pretty f***ed over?

Studies have shown that covid testing has up to 30% false negatives. So why are we putting any stock in these test numbers?

The point of the slowdown was not only to close businesses but to also give the health care system a chance to get caught up and get their heads around this. They aren't there yet.

This latest start-up is nothing but wishful thinking and political posturing to deflect blame on others. There are no stats that show we're close to a downtrend.

Walmart and Sams Club are requiring masks for all employees starting tomorrow. If businesses want to start-up, they need to provide all reasonable measures like this.

I'm practicing what I preach since I just returned from the grocery store after wearing a shitty, cheap construction mask. I could barely see since it constantly fogged up my glasses.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 4

One could only hope that the knucklehead politicians start up their pep rallies again. An arena full of idiots ready to have Darwin unleash his fury.

Guess what...I won't be attending.

• Like 2

I Pray every day for those stricken with this virus... I want things to get back to the way they were . I feel helpless. Confused.

:hug2: :hug2: It's such a weird time, I think it's almost normal to feel a little out of the normal. It doesn't make it any easier though. Hang in there!

Well said. I’d say it shows you’re in tune if you do feel things are out of sorts...because they are.

As I sit here in my living room in the Far East about 20 minutes from midnight going into Monday, I thought I should add:

If you're able to take care of yourself and keep others out of harm by being safe with all the usual precautions, then you're not helpless. You're being helpful. And by doing such things it shows that you're also not confused.

• Like 4

I find it amusing that business people, politicians, etc. think we'll turn everything back on like a faucet and everything will immediately go back to 2 months ago. It's the working stiffs that drive the economy and if they're concerned having lost a job, worried about losing a job, having themselves or a close one get sick, etc....they probably aren't gonna spend like the stupid cash monkeys they were before this started happening. So really...wants the point in starting back up with people's heads are still pretty f***ed over?

Studies have shown that covid testing has up to 30% false negatives. So why are we putting any stock in these test numbers?

The point of the slowdown was not only to close businesses but to also give the health care system a chance to get caught up and get their heads around this. They aren't there yet.

This latest start-up is nothing but wishful thinking and political posturing to deflect blame on others. There are no stats that show we're close to a downtrend.

Walmart and Sams Club are requiring masks for all employees starting tomorrow. If businesses want to start-up, they need to provide all reasonable measures like this.

I'm practicing what I preach since I just returned from the grocery store after wearing a shitty, cheap construction mask. I could barely see since it constantly fogged up my glasses.

This X 1000.

Plus, if we're going to try to go back to /normal/ we need contact testing, with all the logistics /in place/ before doing so. In fact, there should probably be trial runs, to get the inevitable f**k ups worked out of the screening system. Before slowly ramping up back to non-isolation.

Otherwise there will be a second and third wave, and more people are going to die needlessly. The problem is that simple.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

One could only hope that the knucklehead politicians start up their pep rallies again. An arena full of idiots ready to have Darwin unleash his fury.

Guess what...I won't be attending.

problem with that is each rally will shed out a couple of superspreaders, who will in turn kill others.

• Like 2

I've been questioning the validity of the tests since this started. The rate at which they have to produce the kits, train health workers how to do it properly and read the results correctly was just happening too fast. How many faulty kits or test results have their been due to rushing everything? I think it might even be higher than the 30% reported.

We're looking at another couple of years before the economy gets back to anything resembling what it was a few months ago. Many people have lost their jobs and don't have money to spend. Those people might need a year or more to get back on their feet financially once they find work again.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

funny how the people who have the most people working for them want to get them working again ASAP.

based on some peoples reaction to this death toll, i guess we overreacted after 9/11? think about that.

really the saddest part of this equation are the poor are going to get fuckkkked so much harder than the well to do. this is efffed considering the poor weren't flying around the world spreading this shit. nor were they taking cruises. or even staying in hotels. we bail out the industries that brought this shit to our door? great

• Like 5

funny how the people who have the most people working for them want to get them working again ASAP.

based on some peoples reaction to this death toll, i guess we overreacted after 9/11? think about that.

really the saddest part of this equation are the poor are going to get fuckkkked so much harder than the well to do. this is efffed considering the poor weren't flying around the world spreading this shit. nor were they taking cruises. or even staying in hotels. we bail out the industries that brought this shit to our door? great

The immediate effects of this are worse than 9/11. At least after 9/11 most of us could continue to live our lives normally, other than people directly affected in or around the event.

• Like 2

It has come to this. Healthcare workers having to block the street from protesters and getting called a communist.

200420085652-denver-counter-protest-coronavirus-0419-exlarge-169.jpg

200420070803-denver-coronavirus-protest-0419-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

It has come to this. Healthcare workers having to block the street from protesters and getting called a communist.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/200420085652-denver-counter-protest-coronavirus-0419-exlarge-169.jpg

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/200420070803-denver-coronavirus-protest-0419-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

She doesn’t understand the repercussions of her actions. That’s as nice as I can be. I’m going that way this morning...but my mood may change by this afternoon

• Like 2

Who the HECK is this twirk? ^

3i9UN2D.gif

He was in Willy Wonka and the virus got him... :rose: :eh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ2j9yK_NY

Thanks, Rhyta! I own the Johnny Depp version.

3i9UN2D.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/200420085652-denver-counter-protest-coronavirus-0419-exlarge-169.jpg

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/200420070803-denver-coronavirus-protest-0419-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

She doesn’t understand the repercussions of her actions. That’s as nice as I can be. I’m going that way this morning...but my mood may change by this afternoon

She understands. She just doesn't give a s**t. Me, me, me! I feel like going out, so I'm going out. Screw what happens to anybody else!

I won't be as gracious as you. She and every last person "protesting" (ridiculous to even call it that) the existence of a highly infectious pandemic that has killed 42,000+ Americans in six weeks deserves to get the damn virus as a result of their reckless stupidity. I'm a compassionate person for the people that deserve it. Health care workers are true heroes. They should be getting the biggest bailouts of anyone. The stress they gotta be under right now is hard to imagine. The lowlifes attempting to interfere with their selfless deeds are scum, plain and simple.

• Like 3

Here is something that shows people appreciate the health care workers. A flyover of the Thunderbird jets Saturday, in Colorado, the route went over 40 medical centers so they could have staff on the roofs to watch. I love seeing these planes, that was one of the highlights of playing Air Force when our team was in the Mountain West conference. They would have a flyover the stadium before the football game and they brought some falcons too.

God bless those workers who may have to care for those thoughtless idiots who will spread the virus and put innocent workers at risk.

http://kdvr.com/news...rbirds-flyover/

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

She understands. She just doesn't give a s**t. Me, me, me! I feel like going out, so I'm going out. Screw what happens to anybody else!

I won't be as gracious as you. She and every last person "protesting" (ridiculous to even call it that) the existence of a highly infectious pandemic that has killed 42,000+ Americans in six weeks deserves to get the damn virus as a result of their reckless stupidity. I'm a compassionate person for the people that deserve it. Health care workers are true heroes. They should be getting the biggest bailouts of anyone. The stress they gotta be under right now is hard to imagine. The lowlifes attempting to interfere with their selfless deeds are scum, plain and simple.

All of these “brave” loser protestors would be hiding like school children behind their Mum if they lived in the NYC area.

This is a serious situation and needs to be taken seriously and approached with calmness and intelligence.

• Like 3

redneckus americanus

imo its crazy to refer to the US of A as the land of the free. considering that the US o A leads the world in terms of percentage of its population being incarcerated.

• Like 1

redneckus americanus

imo its crazy to refer to the US of A as the land of the free. considering that the US o A leads the world in terms of percentage of its population being incarcerated.

Free to make dipshit choices then being incarcerated for those choices is still free

• Like 1

3i9UN2D.gif

3i9UN2D.gif

Dude, the original is vastly superior.

It so is. Tim Burton annoys the holy f out of me.

Same here. Although I do enjoy Pee Wee’s Big Adventure

I like that but I love Beetlejuice, What happened to THAT Tim Burton?

3i9UN2D.gif

3i9UN2D.gif

Dude, the original is vastly superior.

It so is. Tim Burton annoys the holy f out of me.

Same here. Although I do enjoy Pee Wee’s Big Adventure

a true masterpiece

one of the greatest movie about a bike! :madra:

• Like 1