treeduck

The worlds not coming to an end and this will pass when the people grow tired of it...

jesus f***ing christ

Tim-Brooke-Taylor-1984-portrait-billboard-1548-1586784170-768x508.jpg

"Yes, I can't wait until I'm tired of this...oh wait, I just f***ing died."

Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

• Like 2

A 6th person at my building was positive. The first driver, apparently he got it from his wife. I was a little nervous for him because he's in his 60s and somewhat out of shape. But he recovered well and will be back Monday. That just means the youngest guy will still be out then.
  • Like 2

The worlds not coming to an end and this will pass when the people grow tired of it...

jesus f***ing christ

Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

“This will pass when the people grow tired of it”

Probably the most ignorant thing I’ve read on TRF. And that’s no small feat in my 15 years here.

• Like 3

So we just need to start a worldwide poll and vote unanimously that we are tired of covid-19. Then when the virus sees the results, it will skedaddle and presto, we can go outside again! :LOL:
  • Like 5

So we just need to start a worldwide poll and vote unanimously that we are tired of covid-19. Then when the virus sees the results, it will skedaddle and presto, we can go outside again! :LOL:

That’ll teach that stubborn virus who’s boss and who’s tired of it! At the moment though it seems we all love staying inside.

• Like 1

jesus f***ing christ

Tim Brooke-Taylor RIP

• Like 1

I Pray every day for those stricken with this virus... I want things to get back to the way they were . I feel helpless. Confused.

:hug2: :hug2: It's such a weird time, I think it's almost normal to feel a little out of the normal. It doesn't make it any easier though. Hang in there!

• Like 7

I Pray every day for those stricken with this virus... I want things to get back to the way they were . I feel helpless. Confused.

:hug2: :hug2: It's such a weird time, I think it's almost normal to feel a little out of the normal. It doesn't make it any easier though. Hang in there!

Well said. I’d say it shows you’re in tune if you do feel things are out of sorts...because they are.

• Like 5

Agreed...

...it is so sad, but we will get through this.

Easier said than done at times, but follow guidelines, try to stay positive, limit your exposure to television coverage and use your time to do things that bring you joy.

Prayer is also very important, in my opinion, and it is so commendable that you pray for others.

It is a waiting game...there is an end to this.

Sending hugs along with my prayers and good thoughts to you (and to all of my TRF brothers and sisters) for your safety as well as good physical & emotional health.

-Peace,

TC3

• Like 6

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

Overreacting is putting it mildly...

That's the mindset that will get people killed. The time to react is a month ago. We should have been hunkering down then. If we all did, then this thing would have had a fair chance of dying out by now. Instead we are at least one order of magnitude worse off (amount of spread) than we were. It will keep spreading unchecked unless we limit humans contact with each other.

I cannot conceive of people's inability to understand these simple concepts.

Let's come back to this post in a month. We'll see who's right.

Almost 2 weeks. How are we doing?

1 week short of a month. How are we doing? Still overreacting?

So. Been 1 month now. Have we over-reacted?

I have seen videos from ICU's in Italy. I'm pretty sure every person I saw is now dead.

I have seen videos and photos of hospitals in the States, showing so many dead that the bodies are bagged up and stored in offices. f***ing offices.

Mass graves being dug for victims in Potters Field, NYC.

The thing isn't only a lung disease. It attacks the blood and kidneys. Ventilators are no longer the problem, now we need dialysis machines.

So tell me - are we over-reacting yet? How many have to die from this population killer before it's taken seriously by the numb of mind?

• Like 6

Well said. I’d say it shows you’re in tune if you do feel things are out of sorts...because they are.

As I sit here in my living room in the Far East about 20 minutes from midnight going into Monday, I thought I should add:

If you're able to take care of yourself and keep others out of harm by being safe with all the usual precautions, then you're not helpless. You're being helpful. And by doing such things it shows that you're also not confused.

• Like 10