treeduck

Not sure about a lot. Primarily, have we in S FL seen the crest of the wave of cases/deaths. I fear we haven't. Just have to slog through this mess, but think we're still in for a few more dicey weeks.

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

Overreacting is putting it mildly...

That's the mindset that will get people killed. The time to react is a month ago. We should have been hunkering down then. If we all did, then this thing would have had a fair chance of dying out by now. Instead we are at least one order of magnitude worse off (amount of spread) than we were. It will keep spreading unchecked unless we limit humans contact with each other.

I cannot conceive of people's inability to understand these simple concepts.

Let's come back to this post in a month. We'll see who's right.

Almost 2 weeks. How are we doing?

1 week short of a month. How are we doing? Still overreacting?

That U.S. number of 4,000 in that second post was March 16th. The April 10th number for the U.S. alone is 492,000.

• Like 1

Not sure about a lot. Primarily, have we in S FL seen the crest of the wave of cases/deaths. I fear we haven't. Just have to slog through this mess, but think we're still in for a few more dicey weeks.

Months.

• Like 1

My town's community Facebook page is reeling with hysteria. People at the Walmart without masks! People still walking the rail trail! I finally suggested that the offenders be shot. Even the first selectman got in on it and I blasted him. He sent me a personal note to apologize.

Keep the social distancing policies in place, but it's time to open as many businesses as possible now.

My town's community Facebook page is reeling with hysteria. People at the Walmart without masks! People still walking the rail trail! I finally suggested that the offenders be shot. Even the first selectman got in on it and I blasted him. He sent me a personal note to apologize.

Keep the social distancing policies in place, but it's time to open as many businesses as possible now.

Which businesses? Why do you think “it’s time”?

Any business where people can be kept "socially distant". Sporting goods stores, craft stores, basically anything but sporting events.

Any business where people can be kept "socially distant". Sporting goods stores, craft stores, basically anything but sporting events.

I went to Home Depot on Friday and never got out of the parking lot. As I exited my car and headed toward the doors, I saw there was a line at least 50-60 feet long with people at the recommended spacing, so I turned around and left. As big of a store as those are, they're still limiting how many customers can be inside. Idiocy.

I think it's highly dependent on the states and how their medical facilities are able to handle this. Some states with smaller, more rural populations are probably ok to open. Here in Michigan, we're #3 and nowhere near ready to open. We're closed down until the end of this month and I'm betting until the end of May.

You can open up the economy all you want and throw money at people, it's not going to put them in the mood to spend when they think that they might get sick or lose their jobs. This is gonna play head-games with people until there's a vaccine. At least with the last big recession it was all about the banks taking a shit, but people were still healthy and could venture out anywhere.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I think it's highly dependent on the states and how their medical facilities are able to handle this. Some states with smaller, more rural populations are probably ok to open. Here in Michigan, we're #3 and nowhere near ready to open. We're closed down until the end of this month and I'm betting until the end of May.

You can open up the economy all you want and throw money at people, it's not going to put them in the mood to spend when they think that they might get sick or lose their jobs. This is gonna play head-games with people until there's a vaccine. At least with the last big recession it was all about the banks taking a shit, but people were still healthy and could venture out anywhere.

"probably ok" is best case scenario. the rural counties tend to have zero ventilators and in general are in no way prepared. its kind of hard to sympathize with those who have voted against their self interest for years now in my opinion but they deserve better. Anyone adult who paid taxes the majority of their life deserves better.

heres a few old sayings i like consider relevant.

stitch in time, saves nine

pennywise and pound foolish

look before you leap

blame is better to give than receive...................

My coworker was finally able to go home after a week in the hospital. Still at least a week before she can come back to work. No news on the other 4 positives. 1 quarantined guy back to work, 6 still out. Starting tomorrow they'll be taking our temp as we enter the building. 100.1 or higher gets you a 3-day vacation.

Have you been exposed yet? All your co-workers seems to have it.

According to what's considered "close contact" (within 6 feet for 10 to 30 minutes), I have not been exposed. The 2 night agents and night supervisor are folks I'm only near (6 feet) for about 30 seconds at night when I'm checking out. Same with the manager and morning supervisor. They may walk by during the sort, but they don't linger by the truck. It's been 12 days since the girl was at work, 8 days for the night agent and 6 and 7 days respectively for the supervisors. I've felt fine so far. A bit of a headache tonight though.

Some could be asymptomatic and still shedding the virus, are any of you wearing masks? There are some estimates that many more people have it but not showing symptoms. Take Care.

I wear a cloth mask that someone in my town made for me whenever I am in the building. Out on the road I am not getting close enough to anybody to have to deal with them.

How do you know they've not got it?? (the mask maker)

As long as you wash it each time after you wear it (which you can with a cloth mask) you should be safe.

Why do I have the feeling that this homemade mask stuff is sort of like the 'duck and cover' advice for nuclear blasts in the 50s?

I figure it’s more a matter of how people actually handle the mask and accidentally contaminate it.

What about a Spidey mask?

As long as the mouth and nose areas are covered and are thick enough yet breathable, it’d work

What about a Deadpool mask??

Dumb character so he’s undeserving of any free advertisement

Your opinion on Deadpool SUCKS JB. That is all.

2hxA9TD.gif

Found out today that all 5 of the positives in my building feel good enough to return to work right now. Still waiting to hear on 2 others that are in quarantine .

My wife's about 50% better, but in Michigan she has to be symptom free for 3 days before returning to work. That's not a bad measure; most business are slow enough that another 2-3 days won't hurt them.

• Like 6

Did he stiff them on the tip? That's been happening a lot in America. I guess instacart allows customers to put the amount that they will tip up front and then change it back to 0 after the delivery has been made.

That's horrible! Instacart people only make like $8.00 an hour and they are out there with everyone coughing on them. We got a delivery last week and my husband wasn't sure what to put for the tip , although he did put something. Of course his wife (me :P) thought he did it wrong and we ended up sticking money in an envelope for a bigger tip and taping it to the front door. The instacart guy probably liked that better anyway.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Yeah. I believe there are too many people trying to find any way they can to milk the rest of us for all they can get money wise. Trying to get us into such a tizzy. The only thing I have right now is the usual sinusitis I get every year this time of year, when the temps fluctuate and I've been getting this every since I was in my teens. EVERY YEAR.I finally found a place that is selling cloth masks and I still have nitrile gloves that I use with my model building. I don't think these things HURT to use, but I just can't stand the LYING that is being put out there by people that should KNOW better, but They Still do it to take advantage of other people that listen to them...

M6X8S6j.gif

• Like 3

shining-a-couple-of-weeks-of-isolation-with-the-family-what-can-go-wrong-jack-nicholson.jpg

I Know I know that actresses name, but that movie was perfect for her....look, she even LOOKS like a witch...

JwaN3ST.gif

• Like 1

So one of the 2 positive night clerks was back at work last night. He told me his wife, her son and the son's girlfriend that all live in the house were ordered to quarantine. Statistically the state lists them as confirmed positive cases even though not one of them is sick yet. They don't even get tested. This whole thing has become such a scam.
  • Like 2

Forwarded to me:

Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.

I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

• Like 8

So one of the 2 positive night clerks was back at work last night. He told me his wife, her son and the son's girlfriend that all live in the house were ordered to quarantine. Statistically the state lists them as confirmed positive cases even though not one of them is sick yet. They don't even get tested. This whole thing has become such a scam.

Being in the middle of this with my wife, I agree that the numbers being reported are really suspect. While my wife has symptoms, the doctors admit it easily could be other things causing the symptoms. But they are forced into a defensive crouch to treat everything as if it was Covid. But with lack of available test kits, testing is only available for 'the most severe' cases. My wife was told by 2 doctors that her symptoms were not severe enough to justify testing. Now think of how our medical system usually works...they do testing at the drop of a hat in normal times. Plus samples of testing have shown 30% are inaccurate (false negative). I guess the only somewhat reliable indicator is hospitalizations, since people would need to be severe to justify that. But even then, it could be other things that are the root cause.

So anyone referencing the numbers to justify Covid decisions is totally full of shit.

• Like 1