treeduck

The frustration I have is that you start to question every single little thing you're feeling. Feeling sweaty, the tiniest raw throat. Am I sick????? Plus, allergy season is starting, which only confuses things.

Yep. I was standing in line at the grocery store last weekend, at the proper social distance, and felt like I wanted to cough but suppressed it so the other people wouldn't freak out.

There were times when you used a cough to drown out a fart... think it's the other way round these days.

• Like 5

The frustration I have is that you start to question every single little thing you're feeling. Feeling sweaty, the tiniest raw throat. Am I sick????? Plus, allergy season is starting, which only confuses things.

I came down with a cold they day it was declared a pandemic in the US. So, I was a bit unsure for a couple days if it was a normal cold or the beginning of something else. It cleared up within a week so I guess it was a cold, who knows?

I had some bad flu in February. I had all the classic symptoms. Took about three weeks to completely get over it.

Now, every time I cough from dust at work, I worry about it....

Yep. I was standing in line at the grocery store last weekend, at the proper social distance, and felt like I wanted to cough but suppressed it so the other people wouldn't freak out.

There were times when you used a cough to drown out a fart... think it's the other way round these days.

The grocery store is going to start smelling a lot different if that catches on.

• Like 1

I came down with a cold they day it was declared a pandemic in the US. So, I was a bit unsure for a couple days if it was a normal cold or the beginning of something else. It cleared up within a week so I guess it was a cold, who knows?

I had some bad flu in February. I had all the classic symptoms. Took about three weeks to completely get over it.

Now, every time I cough from dust at work, I worry about it....

Dude!

I had the same virus in February too. I got it from my buddy going to a rock show. He had a wicked cough. Told me it was an allergic reaction to his diabetes meds. I didn't believe him being a germaphobe. He drove to the show and was coughing in his car.

I remember rubbing Purell on my face and cracking the window for fresh air but I still got the virus and I got it FAST. I was with my friend on the 7th and started feeling the symptoms on the 8th!!! Then on the 9th I was sick as a dog.

Couldn't get out of bed for three days. Slight chills, a weird ass cough and burning eyes. Never had breathing issues though. My symptoms were just like Tom Hanks. Sadly I gave it to my ex girlfriend who spent the night on the 8th.

My daughter got it from me but got rid of it fast as she is 23.

It took me five weeks to get rid of the cough so maybe it was the flu. But man I have never been stuck in bed like that for 72 hours in my life. Brutal man.

• Like 2

[Claudia Griffith

on Friday

This has taken me days to write with lots of thought and heartache. I’ve been on the front lines of COVID-19 for 7 days in a row now. What I have seen I wish I never would have. I’ve only been a nurse for a little over 3 years but I’ve NEVER seen anything like this. Us nurses see a lot day to day but I promise, you don’t want to see what we’re seeing. This virus is made to kill and it doesn’t care who it takes out; young, old, healthy, or not. You are not stronger than this. This virus does not choose. COVID takes over your lungs and then your kidneys. If it makes it to your kidneys, you’re lucky you’re still alive because your liver is next. Dying from this virus is brutal and extremely hard to watch. As a nurse you cry at the window knowing there’s nothing you can do as you titrate up on pressors to try keep a patients blood pressure life sustainable all while turning fingers and toes black. Just when you think you got your blood pressure normal your oxygen tanks and you’re no longer oxygenating organs or sustaining adequate numbers to keep your patient alive. You spend hours in your patients room gowned up head to toe sweating and not able to breathe. Then you realize...this is it. I can’t save this patient anymore. You sit there and say your goodbyes while they pass without family or loved ones because nobody is allowed in the hospital for everyone’s safety. You are their only contact and hope. You sit and watch as the HR and BP can’t read anymore. You lost your patient to COVID19. You don’t even know how this virus works but you watch as it kills your patient.

Stay inside. Wash your hands. Do this as if your life depended on it...because it does. So many people are fighting for their lives on ventilators and numerous drips. You may be okay with what you’re seeing and being told on the news but I promise you...it’s so much worse than that. We created ICUs overnight because we no longer had room for these patients. We ordered ventilators because we don’t have anymore of those either.

The one positive I have is that I have never loved and trusted my coworkers more. Just think about us healthcare workers because we are truly struggling. STAY INSIDE.

With love from a very tired and sad little nurse ♥️

vA34LvD.jpg

Holy Shit Michael. It's my ex-wife!

Hope not, Earl!

She's responsible for the coming downfall of Germany. All rights removed for us at the moment.

There's a smell of civil war in the air here.

• Like 1

vA34LvD.jpg

Hope not, Earl!

She's responsible for the coming downfall of Germany. All rights removed for us at the moment.

What's the causes of this GF??

So far the South Koreans seem to be doing the best job of dealing with this virus, so let's see what the most senior doctor with 30 years experience in all the most contagious viral infections over there has to say. It's Korean with subtitles:

vA34LvD.jpg

*fur stands on end, eyes wide with fright, staggers backwards and falls over the litter tray, turns, faceplants the nearest wall, looks stunned, legs it into a bunker, quaking* :scared: :scared: :scared:

• Like 2

vA34LvD.jpg

Hope not, Earl!

What's the causes of this GF??

pm sent!

• Like 1

Did Greenland get a case? I saw for a while that no one there appeared to have it.

They must have!

Greenland has 10 cases. There's a tiny red dot in the middle of the country. Click on it.

Our night clerk is presumed positive because she lives with her boyfriend who is confirmed positive. They won't waste a test on her. We all had to call our doctors today to see if we need to quarantine or not.As of now I do not have to.

Well, that's it then. All the healthy folks need to move to Greenland now.

Alaska could suffice!

it could although from what i have read these viruses like cold and dry air.

Just like cold viruses. Prolonged exposure to cold, dry air reduces the pathogen-defending mucus in our nasal passages and lungs. Less mucus = greater opportunity for viruses to stick around.

• Like 2

In a bit of good news. Reports are a 101 year old woman in the Netherlands (I think) recovered from the Covids. If that's accurate, I can't imagine she had very bad symptoms.

Probably so. But I could probably throw a sponge at a 101 year old woman and bruise something. Still, any recovery is something not to take for granted.

• Like 2