treeduck

New york is getting a lot of coverage as it should but what is happening in new orleans is terribly disturbing. i read its spread faster there than any else in the world because of mardi gras.

Predicted on Reddit in late January. Just sayin'. That and Spring Break.

On that chart those diseases look kind of colourful and friendly don't they? Like little flower balls... :smoke:

You can buy all kinds of plush stuffed viruses and bacteria. There's streptococcus pyogenes (flesh eating bacteria) and herpes simplex 1, to name a couple. Cute and huggable.

I've yet to see one for COVID 19, but I am sure it's on the way.

• Like 1

The download festival at Donnington park has been canceled this year. Apparently, the festival runners don't believe everything will be up and running again by Easter.

Lil' Donnie says he wants the whole country to be "opened up" by Easter weekend and if he says it, it's gospel.

Cincinnati, Ohio: Every Labor Day weekend, 500,000 people gather at the riverfront to enjoy the WEBN Fireworks.

It's a 40-year tradition....which will probably come to a sudden stop this year.

That's a long time from now. If we don't have a handle on it way before that, we probably never will.

• Like 2

The download festival at Donnington park has been canceled this year. Apparently, the festival runners don't believe everything will be up and running again by Easter.

Lil' Donnie says he wants the whole country to be "opened up" by Easter weekend and if he says it, it's gospel.

Cincinnati, Ohio: Every Labor Day weekend, 500,000 people gather at the riverfront to enjoy the WEBN Fireworks.

It's a 40-year tradition....which will probably come to a sudden stop this year.

That's a long time from now. If we don't have a handle on it way before that, we probably never will.

Easter. He doesn’t even believe that. Just words to manipulate or influence the stock market I suppose. f**k if I know really what’s in the mind of a t**t

• Like 2

On that chart those diseases look kind of colourful and friendly don't they? Like little flower balls... :smoke:

You can buy all kinds of plush stuffed viruses and bacteria. There's streptococcus pyogenes (flesh eating bacteria) and herpes simplex 1, to name a couple. Cute and huggable.

I've yet to see one for COVID 19, but I am sure it's on the way.

It will be!

Our local public transit system in order to protect their drivers are asking passengers to enter and exit at the door in the back of the buses. Those with special needs can still get in the main door in front. They are also not charging fare at all because there's no way to check that at the rear door. That's all well and good but here's the confusing part. They want everyone to get on and off at the rear door which is a much smaller space than the front one and causes more cluttering up of people. Yeah, they're trying to keep their drivers safe but they really aren't for the riders.

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

Overreacting is putting it mildly...

That's the mindset that will get people killed. The time to react is a month ago. We should have been hunkering down then. If we all did, then this thing would have had a fair chance of dying out by now. Instead we are at least one order of magnitude worse off (amount of spread) than we were. It will keep spreading unchecked unless we limit humans contact with each other.

I cannot conceive of people's inability to understand these simple concepts.

Let's come back to this post in a month. We'll see who's right.

Almost 2 weeks. How are we doing?

• Like 1

If it's in US, we won't know . . . still very little testing!

There's over 4000 confirmed cases in 49 states. It's definitely here and certainly should be a concern but it's not time for a full on panic yet. They're taking the proper measures I believe in the limitations they've made in my state when it comes to big get togethers. It's gonna be different for a while but we'll get back to some normalcy soon enough.

I think people are overreacting over here actually. At least it doesn't make total sense why everything's shutting down indefinitely for this one, but Swine Flu and Bird Flu and Sars and Ebola and ever other major health scare of the past 20 years didn't have half this effect. But oh well, people overreacting is probably what will keep the US from winding up like China in this mess...

Overreacting is putting it mildly...

That's the mindset that will get people killed. The time to react is a month ago. We should have been hunkering down then. If we all did, then this thing would have had a fair chance of dying out by now. Instead we are at least one order of magnitude worse off (amount of spread) than we were. It will keep spreading unchecked unless we limit humans contact with each other.

I cannot conceive of people's inability to understand these simple concepts.

Let's come back to this post in a month. We'll see who's right.

Almost 2 weeks. How are we doing?

the ignorance is no longer quite as blissful......................

time for some cognitive dissonance for a certain portion of the population.

The first infant in the USA just passed away from Covid 19.

Sad.

This is a nasty virus that doesn't care about age or county/state/country lines. The infant was in Illinois and we now have 2,000 deaths in U.S. What a depressing thing to hear, not just for the over 60 crowd now. :(

• Like 2

The first infant in the USA just passed away from Covid 19.

Sad.

This is a nasty virus that doesn't care about age or county/state/country lines. The infant was in Illinois and we now have 2,000 deaths in U.S. What a depressing thing to hear, not just for the over 60 crowd now. :(

So far, only 2 children have been reported to have died from this virus in the USA. It's not very dangerous for them.

The frustration I have is that you start to question every single little thing you're feeling. Feeling sweaty, the tiniest raw throat. Am I sick????? Plus, allergy season is starting, which only confuses things.

If you've got allergies that's the sign of a strong immune system so you should be fine even if you get infected.

The frustration I have is that you start to question every single little thing you're feeling. Feeling sweaty, the tiniest raw throat. Am I sick????? Plus, allergy season is starting, which only confuses things.

Yep. I was standing in line at the grocery store last weekend, at the proper social distance, and felt like I wanted to cough but suppressed it so the other people wouldn't freak out.

• Like 2

I came down with a cold they day it was declared a pandemic in the US. So, I was a bit unsure for a couple days if it was a normal cold or the beginning of something else. It cleared up within a week so I guess it was a cold, who knows?