treeduck

Been going for daily walks for almost a week now, after a period of little activity it is hard to go very fast. It helps to see the trees and mountains, breathe in fresh air. Hope more will do it.
  • Like 1

Only 14,550 new cases found in the U.S. today. These people who think that this is just propaganda are in for a big surprise. With these kind of numbers I think that the U.S. might even pass China in cases by tomorrow. They will surely pass them within two days.This is not something to take lightly It's time for everyone to self quarantine as much as possible!

Assuming the Chinese government isn't lying about it, like they do everything else.

Russia appear to be lying as well just 367 cases and 0 deaths. Highly unlikely with a population of 150 million people.

Japan’s not much better. Check this bullshit out: An Okinawan girl and her family came back from Spain. They flew through Narita airport (Tokyo) and were tested for Covid-19. They told her to wait for her test results but she didn’t and flew back home to Okinawa. Well, the results came back positive that she’s got Covid-19. Here’s the punchline: The Okinawan government doesn’t count her as having Covid-19 because she was tested in Narita! What a brilliantly idiotic way to manipulate numbers and f**k over your own people!

Yeah there's a LOT of political bullshit involved in all this obviously.

And then there’s the actual people I know bullshit too:

There’s a uni girl I teach who lives with her elderly grandparents continues to try out new bars “since they’re not as crowded these days”. Yesterday, she went off to Oita prefecture so that she could enjoy some a hot springs trip with her pals. I told her that just last Sunday they found a cluster of people there who tested positive for Covid-19. She laughed then said “It’s okay I have a friend who’s a medical student. It’s too boring to stay home anyway.” Greedy. And a bit dumb. I was thinking more about her elderly grandparents who are at risk every time she comes home from wherever. The lack of consideration for her own family pisses me off I have to say.

• Like 2

Only 14,550 new cases found in the U.S. today. These people who think that this is just propaganda are in for a big surprise. With these kind of numbers I think that the U.S. might even pass China in cases by tomorrow. They will surely pass them within two days.This is not something to take lightly It's time for everyone to self quarantine as much as possible!

Assuming the Chinese government isn't lying about it, like they do everything else.

Russia appear to be lying as well just 367 cases and 0 deaths. Highly unlikely with a population of 150 million people.

Japan’s not much better. Check this bullshit out: An Okinawan girl and her family came back from Spain. They flew through Narita airport (Tokyo) and were tested for Covid-19. They told her to wait for her test results but she didn’t and flew back home to Okinawa. Well, the results came back positive that she’s got Covid-19. Here’s the punchline: The Okinawan government doesn’t count her as having Covid-19 because she was tested in Narita! What a brilliantly idiotic way to manipulate numbers and f**k over your own people!

Yeah there's a LOT of political bullshit involved in all this obviously.

And then there’s the actual people I know bullshit too:

There’s a uni girl I teach who lives with her elderly grandparents continues to try out new bars “since they’re not as crowded these days”. Yesterday, she went off to Oita prefecture so that she could enjoy some a hot springs trip with her pals. I told her that just last Sunday they found a cluster of people there who tested positive for Covid-19. She laughed then said “It’s okay I have a friend who’s a medical student. It’s too boring to stay home anyway.” Greedy. And a bit dumb. I was thinking more about her elderly grandparents who are at risk every time she comes home from wherever. The lack of consideration for her own family pisses me off I have to say.

Yeah there's a lot like that all over the place.

For too many people, Home is the last place they want to be, as they live with abusive relatives.

Too many people suffer domestic abuse every day. Their only refuge is when they're NOT home.

Shelter-In-Place is NOT a good idea for them....is it?

• Like 2

For too many people, Home is the last place they want to be, as they live with abusive relatives.

Too many people suffer domestic abuse every day. Their only refuge is when they're NOT home.

I saw something on tv last week about how outdoor crimes are going to go down while domestic violence incidents will get much higher because of this. This pandemic is really making us think about a lot of things we never have before.

As for shelter in place, our Governor refuses to issue that for our state. He says that is reserved for times of war and terrorist attacks. He doesn't want to worry people even more by doing that. I agree with him there.

I saw something on tv last week about how outdoor crimes are going to go down while domestic violence incidents will get much higher because of this. This pandemic is really making us think about a lot of things we never have before.

As for shelter in place, our Governor refuses to issue that for our state. He says that is reserved for times of war and terrorist attacks. He doesn't want to worry people even more by doing that. I agree with him there.

The domestic abuser only needs a little bit of "provocation" to set him/her off. It's now going to be magnified.

How did the virus spread in the first place? Infected people went home and gave it to their families. Three of the five cases in my county all live in the same house! Infected people should be separated from everyone else - especially their families - but where are they to go?

• Like 1

For some, yeah. But in the case I was referring to, domestic abuse doesn’t apply.

For some, yeah. But in the case I was referring to, domestic abuse doesn’t apply.

I wasn't referring to anyone else's post. I'm way behind in reading this thread. :eh:

I wasn't referring to anyone else's post. I'm way behind in reading this thread. :eh:

Ah ok. Your post was directly after mine and mine referred to a girl I know who lives with her elderly grandparents. Yet, she doesn’t seem to give a shit and keeps going anywhere she likes and laughing off the whole coronavirus situation. You know, “I’m gonna live my life and enjoy myself because it’s my life” kind of greedy bullshit which doesn’t consider that it’s not that simple

• Like 1

Ah ok. Your post was directly after mine and mine referred to a girl I know who lives with her elderly grandparents. Yet, she doesn’t seem to give a shit and keeps going anywhere she likes and laughing off the whole coronavirus situation. You know, “I’m gonna live my life and enjoy myself because it’s my life” kind of greedy bullshit which doesn’t consider that it’s not that simple

She's a fukking idiot JB like those moron kids who went down to Miami for spring break. Drinking, fuckking, partying. Now many are infected with the Coronavirus and have brought it back to their families.

I though millennials were stupid, lazy and naive. Generation Z are just plain dumb. Z for Zombies. Why is each generation getting worse? Parenting? Social Media? Oh well, it is what it is...........................

She's a fukking idiot JB like those moron kids who went down to Miami for spring break. Drinking, fuckking, partying. Now many are infected with the Coronavirus and have brought it back to their families.

I though millennials were stupid, lazy and naive. Generation Z are just plain dumb. Z for Zombies. Why is each generation getting worse? Parenting? Social Media? Oh well, it is what it is...........................

Yeah, it’s disappointing especially since I’ve been teaching her since she was 14. So, I’ve seen her grow from a wide-eyed, interested (and interesting) junior high kid into this spoiled, greedy young woman. She just came back two weeks ago from a 6 month language course in the UK too. It sounded like she had a great time and partied last autumn in Spain, Italy, and Germany too. Now, she feels she “can’t do anything in Japan because of the coronavirus” which isn’t true at all because there are almost no restrictions here. I know her grandmother who she lives with too - super sweet, tiny old lady. So yeah, this girl disappoints and pisses me off at the same time.

High school and college kids have always been like that though. When we were that age we all thought we were indestructible and would live forever. It's just youthful naivety and still being dumb about life. They haven't lived long enough to realize how serious this is.

• Like 2

High school and college kids have always been like that though. When we were that age we all thought we were indestructible and would live forever. It's just youthful naivety and still being dumb about life. They haven't lived long enough to realize how serious this is.

I know what it is and that’s correct. And I’ve been stupid reckless in the past in regards to my own life but not with anyone else’s. Especially not my family’s.

Yeah, it’s disappointing especially since I’ve been teaching her since she was 14. So, I’ve seen her grow from a wide-eyed, interested (and interesting) junior high kid into this spoiled, greedy young woman. She just came back two weeks ago from a 6 month language course in the UK too. It sounded like she had a great time and partied last autumn in Spain, Italy, and Germany too. Now, she feels she “can’t do anything in Japan because of the coronavirus” which isn’t true at all because there are almost no restrictions here. I know her grandmother who she lives with too - super sweet, tiny old lady. So yeah, this girl disappoints and pisses me off at the same time.

I am sorry to read this JB. I didn't know that you were teaching her since she was 14. Sad really the way people can change. I'm dealing with Skylar my 19 year old. She's a great girl and very talented in art, writing, cooking and baking. But she has this damn attitude and is sadly battling anorexia. She lives with her mom full time. Zoe my 23 year old lives with me. Zoe is Generation Z. She's a 4.0 student. Graduated with honors with a BS in kinesiology. She is already a certified strength and conditioning coach. Works at a physical therapy facility for the elderly. Sadly they had to lay her off until this Pandemic is over. Makes sense though. The elderly should be staying home.

Well like Skylar, I hope that girl will wake up one day and grow up and get her shit together. It sucks buddy! HANG IN THERE!!

I understand. We all grow up differently. Obviously I was and still and a Rush nerd. I went home early on my Hawaii Senior Trip. It was the last year you could drink booze there legally at 18. Believe it or not I was an introvert back then. I just wanted to drink a beer and listen to "Invisible Touch." LOL 1986.

All my friends were getting smashed and banging any chick they could find. One of our female friends was almost raped by a cab driver.

I had enough and flew home early with a buddy.

I didn't do much partying in high school. But I was working for Safeway back then and it opened up my eyes to a whole new party world. All of my friends were suddenly 21 and I was 19. They got me into bars, I started to become a party animal. Had keg parties that would rival Tom Cruise in Risky Business.

But as the host I was always stressed out and making sure everyone was ok. I had to kick this couple fuckingg on my brother's waterbed. No one ever stole anything or broke anything. No one ever got hurt.

The only time the cops came was when my shithead little brother decided to invite half of Monte Vista High School over to the house.

I had to call the police on my own party.

I only let Eric, my brother bring in three of his best friends. Everyone else was chased away by the cops.

The party continued.

I know what it is and that’s correct. And I’ve been stupid reckless in the past in regards to my own life but not with anyone else’s. Especially not my family’s.

Same here. I wasn't really ever reckless, but I always knew right from wrong at a young age. When we would go rent a limo to see say Whitesnake and Cinderella. I would consume booze but that was it. Never touched Mary Jane. It puts me to sleep. Back then as you all know the 80's were all about cocaine and crank.

All of my friends were doing it back them. It just never looked fun to me. It looked like the powder going up into your nostrils would hurt and burn. Never touched that shit. Like I really need it eh?

I am sorry to read this JB. I didn't know that you were teaching her since she was 14. Sad really the way people can change. I'm dealing with Skylar my 19 year old. She's a great girl and very talented in art, writing, cooking and baking. But she has this damn attitude and is sadly battling anorexia. She lives with her mom full time. Zoe my 23 year old lives with me. Zoe is Generation Z. She's a 4.0 student. Graduated with honors with a BS in kinesiology. She is already a certified strength and conditioning coach. Works at a physical therapy facility for the elderly. Sadly they had to lay her off until this Pandemic is over. Makes sense though. The elderly should be staying home.

Well like Skylar, I hope that girl will wake up one day and grow up and get her shit together. It sucks buddy! HANG IN THERE!!

I hate to see otherwise smart, good people do selfish, stupid things. Normally, I’d just think/say “They’ll learn” or something similar but this is far from a usual situation where there’s time to learn from mistakes

:cheers:

• Like 1

I hate to see otherwise smart, good people do selfish, stupid things. Normally, I’d just think/say “They’ll learn” or something similar but this is far from a usual situation where there’s time to learn from mistakes

I totally agree buddy!

• Like 1

I totally agree buddy!

26318838-8144777-image-a-25_1585005911921.jpg

• Like 1

I totally agree buddy!

Welcome to the modern world Pat!!! Hang in there mate. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I have to go to work tomorrow and I really DON'T!!!!

My office is one hour away from my home. I have to travel on a freeway through many cities.

The cops are out and CHP officers are looking to pull people over to ask them where they are going.

UGH!

• Like 1

I totally agree buddy!

Welcome to the modern world Pat!!! Hang in there mate. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

My office is one hour away from my home. I have to travel on a freeway through many cities.

The cops are out and CHP officers are looking to pull people over to ask them where they are going.

UGH!

How will that work? You’re going to work but how do they know that? How can they confirm anything?

• Like 2

I totally agree buddy!

UGH!

It's like the whole world has become that episode of Charlie's Angels where the crooked sheriff runs them in on a trumped up charge and makes them strip naked and take a cold hosing down!

• Like 1

I totally agree buddy!

UGH!

Are you considered essential personnel at your job? If so, I think you're safe to go in. That's how they're doing it in my state. Also, I'm not so sure cops are just going to be pulling people over without a serious reason right now. Seems like an easy way for them to possibly get sick. Don't speed or draw attention to yourself and you should be fine.

• Like 2

I totally agree buddy!

UGH!

How will that work? You’re going to work but how do they know that? How can they confirm anything?

He's going to sell drugs JB! They'll be there!