Has anyone worked out yet why all these fools keep stockpiling toilet paper?

treeduck

In Walmart yesterday, they had "an associate" handing out toilet paper. You got to choose: Angel Soft, Charmin or some other brand. I asked the young man if he was the dispenser of the toilet paper. I asked it as a joke, I didn't think that was what he was actually doing, but he was. He asked me if I wanted a package. I declined.

Still can't get toilet paper, napkins and paper towels. I don't understand it, since this is a respiratory virus. It's not like they are going to get the hershey squirts.

d3cddZg.png

How is toilet paper helping?

If you eat enough of it and balloon up tight enough the virus can't get in even though it may knock on the door and by the hairs of it's chinny chin chin...

• Like 1

Still can't get toilet paper, napkins and paper towels. I don't understand it, since this is a respiratory virus. It's not like they are going to get the hershey squirts.

It has nothing to do with treating the virus. People are stocking up on toilet paper because they're stuck at home and they don't want to run out in case this thing lasts for a while and leaving the house to get more might be more risky to their health.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with treating the virus. People are stocking up on toilet paper because they're stuck at home and they don't want to run out in case this thing lasts for a while and they're stuck in their homes for an extended period of time.

Maybe as the crisis hits the peak level houses of the dead will be raided by gangs of unscrupulous toilet roll bandits?

It has nothing to do with treating the virus. People are stocking up on toilet paper because they're stuck at home and they don't want to run out in case this thing lasts for a while and they're stuck in their homes for an extended period of time.

Maybe as the crisis hits the peak level houses of the dead will be raided by gangs of unscrupulous toilet roll bandits?

Well yeah, they're dead. They don't need the toilet paper anymore. May as well take it.

Well yeah, they're dead. They don't need the toilet paper anymore. May as well take it.

But will the families of the dead not want to claim it?? What else will they have left but the rolls??

But will the families of the dead not want to claim it?? What else will they have left but the rolls??

If it's not left to them in the will then I say it's finders keepers.

If it's not left to them in the will then I say it's finders keepers.

Aye!

To make the shopping situation even worse, the local grocery chain I shop at is now remodeling the stores. I understand that plans were put in place before this happened and because things have been paid for they need to go through with it still. But to go in and see aisles all out of place, tons of empty shelves and not being able to find some of my usual stuff really makes it look like the store has been stripped down by panic buyers more than it really has.
  • Like 1