Supertramp - Logical Song or ELO - Mr. Blue Sky?

Texas King

Logical Song or Mr. Blue Sky?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Logical Song or Mr. Blue Sky?

• Supertramp - Logical Song
    • ELO - Mr. Blue Sky

I voted ELO, I think it's the better song. I think it's comparing apples to pears though? I don't see a lot of similarity between them. I think of Long Way Home as more of a signature song for Supertramp ? I dunno, I got nuthin'. :LOL:
  • Like 3

please tell me who i am....

although i better watch what i say

the logical song was the right song at the right time. i prefer crime over breakfast but thats splitting hairs

love ELO too but not to the same degree

• Like 3

I'll go with ELO. At my age hearing a classic ELO song brings a smile to my face and just makes me happy. It wasn't my thing back in the day but to me is unmistakable and timeless in a way...
  • Like 3

I hate voting against Supertramp, but ELO edges them out this time.

Yeah, other Supertramp songs would get the nod here, but not Logical Song.

Bloody Well Right, School, Rudy, Child of Vision, Goodbye Stranger...

• Like 1

I voted ELO, I think it's the better song. I think it's comparing apples to pears though? I don't see a lot of similarity between them. I think of Long Way Home as more of a signature song for Supertramp ? I dunno, I got nuthin'. :LOL:

I agree 100%

Long Way > Blue Sky > Logical Song

• Like 1

I heard The Logical Song in the store two days ago. I thought I'd cry my eyeballs out right then and there.

When he sings, at the end:

Won't you please (Won't you tell me), (You can tell me what)

please tell me what we've learned (Can you hear me?)

I know it sounds absurd, (Won't you help me)

please tell me who I am,

who I am,

who I am,

who I am

It gets me every time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

The connection is that both Roger Hodgson and Jeff Lynne are both huge fans of The Beatles.

'The Logical Song' tune and the Breakfast in America album were both engineered and produced by Pete Henderson (Grace Under Pressure).

Breakfast in America won a Grammy Award for Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording.

On a side note, I used to believe that 'Goodbye Stranger' and 'Strange Magic' were both Bee Gees songs. Both songs have this Barry Gibb type falsetto and/or Bee Gees type harmony vocals in them.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

ELO music always makes me feel good, I have Strange Magic, a best of compliation that I play whenever we go on a trip. Love to turn it up loud. Takes me back to some good memories too!
  • Like 2

The connection is that both Roger Hodgson and Jeff Lynne are both huge fans of The Beatles.

'The Logical Song' tune and the Breakfast in America album were both engineered and produced by Pete Henderson (Grace Under Pressure).

Breakfast in America won a Grammy Award for Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording.

On a side note, I used to believe that 'Goodbye Stranger' and 'Strange Magic' were both Bee Gees songs. Both songs have this Barry Gibb type falsetto and/or Bee Gees type harmony vocals in them.

I love all this!

Truly, if you were a musician in the 70s or 80s and you weren't a huge Beatle's fan, you probably weren't very successful.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I'd say Logical Song because Breakfast in America is one of my favorite albums of all time.