Neil Beer

apetersvt

Looks like you have to go to their brewery to get it? I think ytserush should head over there and pick some up for all of us! ;) ;) I love that it's priced at $21.12 a four pack (with all proceeds going to a cancer charity.)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Looks like you have to go to their brewery to get it? I think ytserush should head over there and pick some up for all of us! ;) ;) I love that it's priced at $21.12 a four pack (with all proceeds going to a cancer charity.)

Was planning on a road trip at some point to pick one up. Doesn't sound like my kind of brew though so I might not open it.

Good cause though. Haven't seen the record store day list yet, so that might be a good time to go.

• Like 2

I’m in Atlantic Highlands several times per week usually. Almost went by there yesterday, but couldn’t make enough time. Maybe today during a break from work. I will not be buying them out, though, especially at that crazy price for four 12oz cans. Over $5 a beer, yikes! And it’s only 5%abv not like it’s a big beer. If I get any, I’ll let you all know/if I like it or not. I think I’ve been to their place before and tasted a few of their brews but I’m not 100% sure it was the same one—more than one microbrewery in AH. Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 1

Mission accomplished—4 little very busy orangey cans for $21.12

It’s ok—like if corona had slightly more alcohol in it and already had the slightest hint of lime flavor—much less than a lime wedge twist in a bottle, but it’s there if you notice. Too bad it’s really a charity item and not a regular offering—not worth the price as something to get every time you go out, but if it were just another beer on tap for the usual price, I’d drink it as soon as any other. Seems to pair well with the pork chop I ate a few minutes before and the dream queen I had few puffs of.

It is the brewery I went to before, by the way. I don’t know if any of their beers are distributed outside NJ, but they def distribute within the state to at least a decent handful of bars—their Boat was their most popular one supposedly back when I took their 5 minute tour around 5 or more years ago, and it is still there. They seemed well stocked—this brew isn’t flying out of their fridge maybe, but I imagine it’ll not be around long once the weekend hits and local/not so local Rush brethren have time to drive down there.

• Like 1

From the side of the can under a cartoon of the dearly departed at his massive kit: “we lost an inspiration-a poet-a man who turned tragedy into beauty-a man who relearned to play his instrument late in a career when he was already considered peerless because he knew it could be better than what was already the best-a man who did more on the bell of a single cymbal in one song than most people do on a 5 piece kit in a career-a man who was more than content to do his art his way and was grateful for those that appreciated it while neither needing nor courting them.-a genius that got it.”
  • Like 3

From the side of the can under a cartoon of the dearly departed at his massive kit: “we lost an inspiration-a poet-a man who turned tragedy into beauty-a man who relearned to play his instrument late in a career when he was already considered peerless because he knew it could be better than what was already the best-a man who did more on the bell of a single cymbal in one song than most people do on a 5 piece kit in a career-a man who was more than content to do his art his way and was grateful for those that appreciated it while neither needing nor courting them.-a genius that got it.”

That's fantastic.