Really bummed I missed R40

Holly

I saw Clockwork Angels Tour twice, 9 shows into the tour and 5 shows from the end. Same setlist both times, with no Limelight and no Manhattan Project. I would've loved to have seen it, even as a show opener. But Snakes And Arrows tour happened when I was in grade 12 and mom didn't want me to miss any school at the time, so it didn't happen. Damn parents looking out for my life. Edited by Cygnus 2112

I wasn't a fan of Limelight as an opener. It's just not that type of song

Nah...Spirit of Radio was probably the best opener!

It's funny I'd never given their opener much thought in these terms, but "Limelight" as an opener does seem like an odd choice. Fantastic song, but the energy seems all wrong (not the least for a band with their name).

Speaking of "SoR": My first concert had the best opener and subsequent first few of the set: 2112, Freewill, By-Tor, Xanadu, The Spirit Of Radio, Natural Science!... I'm getting goosebumps typing this. I, too, am still bummed I missed R40.

I did see R30 and the Time Machine Tour, but when R40 happened, I'd moved to Idaho from Los Angeles, and so the closest to me I think would have been Salt Lake City, and I just didn't make it. I will kick myself for ever over that decision.

I too missed the R40 show. Had lawn seats and a giant thunderstorm was raging in the area so I thought for sure it would be miserable on the lawn. I made the tough decison not to go figuring I'd hit another show later on the tour. Alas, it never happened. To add insult to injury, the raging storm cleared and turned to clear skies just before Rush hit the stage. At least I still have the unused paper tickets. Edited by RushX1
  • Like 1

I too missed the R40 show. Had lawn seats and a giant thunderstorm was raging in the area so I thought for sure it would be miserable on the lawn. I made the tough decison not to go figuring I'd hit another show later on the tour. Alas, it never happened. To add insult to injury, the raging storm cleared and turned to clear skies just before Rush hit the stage. At least I still have the unused paper tickets.

I do believe that "Unused Paper Tickets" is part 3-&-a-half of the Rowboatloads o' Regrets pentalogy.

• Like 1