FORGET "FEAR" BY MARILLION! GET "LOVE OVER FEAR" By PENDRAGON! NEO PROG RULES! Get The New IQ TOO!

RUSHHEAD666

One thing I will say, I never liked Marillion. Not in the 80's and not now or since. They started off as Gabriel-era Genesis clones and eventually turned into a cavalcade of soporific dad rock blandness.

i at least enjoyed them as Gabriell clones. Steve Hogarth constantly sounds like he's singing mid yawn. constantly.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

One thing I will say, I never liked Marillion. Not in the 80's and not now or since. They started off as Gabriel-era Genesis clones and eventually turned into a cavalcade of soporific dad rock blandness.

i at least enjoyed them as Gabriell clones. Steve Hogarth constantly sounds like he's singing mid yawn. constantly.

Mick

Maybe they can bring Fish back take up where they left off?

• Like 1

Mick

i'd be right back on beard. Cause Fish solo has been better than anything Marillion dumped out in the past 20 plus years, lol

Mick

Gosh, same.

• Like 1

Mick

i'd be right back on beard. Cause Fish solo has been better than anything Marillion dumped out in the past 20 plus years, lol

Mick

Fish probably looks at Marillion like Sting looks at his old band The Police: "Who needs them?"

• Like 1

The new album is great! I love the idea that you get three versions of it in one box. I haven't heard the acoustic and the intrumental versions yet, but the regular album is pretty fantastic. Great early Genesis vibe.
  • Like 1

Who the hell is Pendragon?

Some Neo-prog band i'd assume.

I'm not a big fan of that whole genre.

sooooo dull.

Mick

LOL.

I think Neil Morse is a great fan of them and mentioned them more than once as an influence. Maybe you will become a fan too if you check them out. They're around since the early, or mid eighties and they still release some good prog stuff. The new one is KILLER and should be right up your alley!!

• Like 1

It's all over!!! I am infected with the BLUEMOONVIRUS!!

It's not my fault!!!!

I'm a dick!!!

Give me Prog or give me Death!!

Pussy Rock is for Rush Fans who have never actually seen Rush.

Don't judge me.

I'll wait for the new Marillion album even though I think H is a total idiot. He ruined the band. Like Yoko destroyed The Beatles.

It's in the history books. Life goes on.

Seeing KISS and David Lee Roth next week.

Yay!

You must hate those two bands........

My musical knowledge will challenge anyone on here.

Come on Pat.

Fukk DEATH METAL.

You love intellectual prog and jazz fusion.

You know your shit.

Not buying your banter.

We are here for a reason.

For RUSH.

I bet you hate Pendragon.

I bet you hate IQ.

Do you like ENCHANT?

Do you even like PROG?

You Black Metal Mammoth. You kill my soul.

Give me Blackfoot.

Give me Blackfield.

Give me Black Sabbath

Give me Black N Blue

Give me Black Rose

Give me Black Label Society

Give me Black Berry Smoke

Give me Black Stone Cherry

Give Black Crowes

Give me anything but BLACK FUKKING METAL! PURE SHIT!!!

You love black metal and death metal Earl and you know it!

NOPE! NEVER WILL NEVER HAVE!! GIVE ME OPETH OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

Why forget anything when you can just enjoy something additionally? Lol

only a prog fan deals in absolutes.

Star wars reference you might not get, lol

Mick

Wow Mick! Then I am screwed, yet very predicable.

I'm a Prog Star Wars Oakland A's Freak.

Won't change a think! I mean a thing! LOL!

Dad Rock!! WTF? Really??? Wow! I was into "Script" "Fugazi" "Misplaced" and "Clutching" when they all came out. I was fuckking 16 years old and fell in love with them. Listening to "Fox Trot" right now.

Fish and Gang didn't rip off Genesis, they took the Prog Torch and carried it on until "H" for Horrible took over on vocals. He is such a fuckking bore and an ultra liberal who loves to stop the band from playing music so he can talk about how much he hates America. Roger Waters can fukk off too.

Hypocrite millionaire musicians who come over the the USA to protest politics and despise free enterprise, yet will gladly collect a check from the brainwashed masses.

I'm a hypocrite too because I've seen Roger Waters three times in my life, but I am done. Fuckingg moron.

I still see Marillion when they come here too but just to support the other members of the band. Not that little creep H! I've met him once. A total dick. Short Man's Complex. He was douche to even a few of my buddies I was with who are are friends with Marillion. A total jerk. JMO

I was able to hang out with Rothery a few times. He is a sweetheart and a gentleman. I met Pete too. Sooooooooo nice!! One time I was trying to park in SF in Japan Town. My cell phone rings. It was Pete Trewavas! My buddy called me and handed his phone to Pete. I was shocked! LOL

Pete and I talked on the phone for 10 minutes. Great guy!! Mark and Ian were cool too yet very reserved. All good in the Marillion Hood.

I am so sorry you can't stand this band Pat, but I'm not surprised.

You and I have soooooo much in common yet we really don't.

I hate Black Metal, but good for you. As long as it makes YOU happy.

Neo Prog makes me happy and i can't believe you don't like...

"Script For a Jester's Tear"

"Fugazi"

"Misplaced Childhood"

"Clutching At Straws"

I will confess I do like....

"Season's End"

"Holidays In Eden"

"Brave"

"Afraid Of Sunlight?" NOPE. Then EMI dropped them.

Pat! You hate STNX too. So it makes sense to me.

You hate PROG. You need DEATH METAL.

You rip me all the time for being a pansy of Rock.

I have been writing threads on here for years about how much I love Death Punk Rockers TURBONEGRO and no one on here cares!!! You are my "ASS COBRA" Pat. Be careful Pat, "I Got Erection!"

I got to run Pat, I have a "Rendezvous With Anus."

Signed,

"Prince Of The Rodeo"

If you don't have "Apocalypse Dudes" in your collection Pat, then I think you are the true pansy.

• Like 1

PENDRAGON RULES!!! Although Nick Barrett is a fantastic guitar player, his vocals can get annoying sometimes.

Clive Nolan is the keyboard player and is also amazing. He accompanies Nick's guitar parts beautifully. Very Camel. Very IQ. Very Genesis.

sooooo dull.

Mick

No way Mick. Dull? Dull Dad Rock?

The melodies and instrumental landscapes are delicious and delightful for a not so dull mind..............

The new album is great! I love the idea that you get three versions of it in one box. I haven't heard the acoustic and the intrumental versions yet, but the regular album is pretty fantastic. Great early Genesis vibe.

Prog Brother from another Prog Mother! You called it. I love all three cds in that incredible hardbound book. The artwork is also their best in decades. PENDRAGON IS BACK!!!! ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!

sooooo dull.

Mick

LOL.

I think Neil Morse is a great fan of them and mentioned them more than once as an influence. Maybe you will become a fan too if you check them out. They're around since the early, or mid eighties and they still release some good prog stuff. The new one is KILLER and should be right up your alley!!

DUDE! I have all of their albums since "The Jewel!!" I bought it when I was a junior in high school I believe and instantly fell in love with the band. My brain can't understand why RUSH fans dislike Neo Prog or just in general bands like

Pendragon

IQ

Camel

Arena

Marillion

Enchant (I am best friends with these guys. I met them in line overnight at Tower Records waiting to buy "Presto" Rush tickets. EPIC!! I love Paul Craddick, Doug Ott and Ed Platt!! Ted too!! Ted is in Spock's Beard too!!

Hey different strokes for different folks. It's all good. It's what makes the music world spin "Round And Round." Rush fans hate RATT too. LOL!

I'm glad I'm different.

Enjoy your Green Day and Foo Fighters everyone!!

Signed,

FUCKKING AMERICAN IDIOT!!! ME!!!!! LOL

sooooo dull.

Mick

LOL.

Yeah funny you brought up Neal Morse. Ted who is still in Enchant is also in Spock's Beard. Are you a fan of the Beard dude? I like them.

I have everything by them but eh....

I'm a Prog Whore. "Welcome To The Show!" "The show that never ends!!!! I need some "Brain Salad Surgery" so I can fit in with the Cool Kids on here!! LOL! I'm "DIGITAL MAN!" A "DIGITAL DAD!"

TARKUS ME:

Earl

Loves

Prog

LOL!!!!!!!!! I crack myself up. I love dad rock and I can tell dad jokes all day.

PROG ON!!!