phish

bathory

as far as live stuff its all about 93-97 for me but 98-03 has tons of great stuff obviously. 03 gets a lot of shit since trey was on dope but there's tons of dark, out there jamming

There was a run of shows they did in early April ‘98, I can’t remember what that tour was called, but I had recordings of those shows, just phenomenal...and Big Cypress was in that time period too, of course...then their ‘comeback’ show at MSG on 12/31/02 was another just totally out-there incredible show.

the island tour! funky version of cavern is great

as far as live stuff its all about 93-97 for me but 98-03 has tons of great stuff obviously. 03 gets a lot of shit since trey was on dope but there's tons of dark, out there jamming

There was a run of shows they did in early April ‘98, I can’t remember what that tour was called, but I had recordings of those shows, just phenomenal...and Big Cypress was in that time period too, of course...then their ‘comeback’ show at MSG on 12/31/02 was another just totally out-there incredible show.

Yeah yeah, that’s it!

I saw them in the ‘90s because I liked how they played- Rift, Junta, Picture of Nectar...great records. Billy Breathes is also great. Hoist, not so much. Anyway...during the live set, they jumped up and down on trampolines while playing, and there was a vacuum cleaner solo...just totally weird, unnecessary stuff that had nothing to do with the music- which if you just take it by itself, was really good.

I love Trey’s solo albums, too.

I have no idea what they sound like these days, though.

god, the vocal jams in YEM are sort of cringe inducing. how much paper would you have to be on to get into that at the show?

Nah, that’s a great tune! I really don’t even think about the vocals though, it’s all just about the groove, for me.

oh, I love the composed section and the jam, I just always skip the last five minutes where they just make noises into the microphone.

but red rocks 94, nye 95, the version on a live one, 12/9/95 in albany, there's so many great YEMs

Yeah, I get it- that’s the kind of stuff I’m talking about that kind of goes off the weird deep end of non-music.

On A Live One- speaking of great versions...not a long jam or anything, but a nice groove, and great vocals- Bouncing Around the Room. I think Chalk Dust Torture was on there too, I remember it being awesome.

Yeah yeah, that’s it!

great roses are free too

I saw them in the ‘90s because I liked how they played- Rift, Junta, Picture of Nectar...great records. Billy Breathes is also great. Hoist, not so much. Anyway...during the live set, they jumped up and down on trampolines while playing, and there was a vacuum cleaner solo...just totally weird, unnecessary stuff that had nothing to do with the music- which if you just take it by itself, was really good.

I love Trey’s solo albums, too.

I have no idea what they sound like these days, though.

god, the vocal jams in YEM are sort of cringe inducing. how much paper would you have to be on to get into that at the show?

Nah, that’s a great tune! I really don’t even think about the vocals though, it’s all just about the groove, for me.

oh, I love the composed section and the jam, I just always skip the last five minutes where they just make noises into the microphone.

but red rocks 94, nye 95, the version on a live one, 12/9/95 in albany, there's so many great YEMs

Yeah, I get it- that’s the kind of stuff I’m talking about that kind of goes off the weird deep end of non-music.

On A Live One- speaking of great versions...not a long jam or anything, but a nice groove, and great vocals- Bouncing Around the Room. I think Chalk Dust Torture was on there too, I remember it being awesome.

yeah chalk dust rips. harry hood, slave, that tweezer is pretty ridiculous

yeah, I'd catch oysterhead in ATL myself but it's part of some expensive ass jam band fest... I'm not really into grateful dead tributes and bluegrass and so on

I'm more into zappa/crimson-y jamming

• Like 1