Photo of Neil Peart -19 years old, in the UK

chemistry1973

Awesome pic. Wonder where exactly it was taken?

According to pages 206 to 212 of Neil Peart's book 'Traveling Music: The Soundtrack to My Life and Times', he's probably working behind the counter at one of the chain of tourist souvenir shops in Carnaby Street and Piccadilly Circus (in London, England) courtesy of a friend's employer, who was also the owner of the businesses.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 4

According to pages 206 to 212 of Neil Peart's book 'Traveling Music: The Soundtrack to My Life and Times', he's probably working behind the counter at one of the chain of tourist souvenir shops in Carnaby Street and Piccadilly Circus (in London, England) courtesy of a friend's employer, who was also the owner of the businesses.

That sounds very likely. Thanks. :)

I recently paid a visit one evening to where Neil worked in London, The Great Frog in Ganton Street in Londons Soho district and where I believe this photo was taken. The shop is still there and has barely changed since it opened although it's closed for renovation at present. I stood outside for a few minutes and took in the street scene and reflected that this place would have been an important part of Neils formative years trying to scrape a living with no idea that in just a few years how his fortune would change to become a music legend.

• Like 5

I recently paid a visit one evening to where Neil worked in London, The Great Frog in Ganton Street in Londons Soho district and where I believe this photo was taken. The shop is still there and has barely changed since it opened although it's closed for renovation at present. I stood outside for a few minutes and took in the street scene and reflected that this place would have been an important part of Neil's formative years trying to scrape a living with no idea that in just a few years how his fortune would change to become a music legend.

Made me think about blue plaques! I wonder if we could get a blue plaque there? (For those unfamiliar: https://openplaques.org/).

1. We would need confirmation that he did work there.
  2. Obviously the shop would have to agree
  3. If it is a listed building that could be more difficult.
  4. We would have to crowdfund it

How cool would it be see a plaque "Neil Peart 1952 - 2020 Drummer. Considered by many to be the world's greatest rock drummer worked here in 197?"

I see an upside down red cross.

I see a picture to the right that looks like "Hemispheres."

Neil is wearing a Christian Cross. Hypocrite.

I see a lot.

I'm a Rush Fan For Life Bitches.

I will challenge anyone on here. Bring it.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I see an upside down red cross.

I see a picture to the right that looks like "Hemispheres."

Neil is wearing a Christian Cross. Hypocrite.

I see a lot.

I'm a Rush Fan For Life Bitches.

I will challenge anyone on here. Bring it.

I think the upside down cross that you see is a portion of the British flag.

;)

It was The Great Frog, a bespoke sterling silver jeweller maker.

• Like 1