The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

Stafford to Rams for Goff, 2 first rounders (2022 and 23) and a third rounder (21)

Stafford isn't much better than Goff and he's older, gets injured now and his contract isn't much different to Goofs. Rams got fleeced!

First of all, the Rams had lost faith in a QB they were committed to for at least two years with $43 million guaranteed, who they needed to get rid of. Secondly, Stafford had been in a situation that was a clusterfuck for a long time and had outperformed Goff by a substantial margin in context. Despite their age differences Stafford will be an NFL starter after Goff is. The Rams are built to win now and this gives them a better chance to do so. All IMO of course.

If the Saints had traded a 2nd rounder for Stafford, I would think it was an ok deal, a 3rd and I would have been happier.

Now imagine if you had a quickly fading Brees with $43 million guaranteed over the next two years.

According to reports, there were six teams with offers including 2021 #1s making the offer.

Washington offered a better deal but Stafford wanted to go to LA so they did him a favour.

We've already done that with Brees for the last 2 years.

What did WAS offer?

I think they offered the same but Washington has a first this year so that's deemed a better deal.

If Brees comes back this year it's 36 million against the cap, 22 million in dead money if he retires, which we'll probably spread over 2022 and 2023 and just get an 11 million hit in 2021.

Stafford to Rams for Goff, 2 first rounders (2022 and 23) and a third rounder (21)

Stafford isn't much better than Goff and he's older, gets injured now and his contract isn't much different to Goofs. Rams got fleeced!

First of all, the Rams had lost faith in a QB they were committed to for at least two years with $43 million guaranteed, who they needed to get rid of. Secondly, Stafford had been in a situation that was a clusterfuck for a long time and had outperformed Goff by a substantial margin in context. Despite their age differences Stafford will be an NFL starter after Goff is. The Rams are built to win now and this gives them a better chance to do so. All IMO of course.

If the Saints had traded a 2nd rounder for Stafford, I would think it was an ok deal, a 3rd and I would have been happier.

Now imagine if you had a quickly fading Brees with $43 million guaranteed over the next two years.

According to reports, there were six teams with offers including 2021 #1s making the offer.

Washington offered a better deal but Stafford wanted to go to LA so they did him a favour.

What did WAS offer?

I think they offered the same but Washington has a first this year so that's deemed a better deal.

If Brees comes back this year it's 36 million against the cap, 22 million in dead money if he retires, which we'll probably spread over 2022 and 2023 and just get an 11 million hit in 2021.

Thanks...

What did WAS offer?

Thanks...

What are the Dolphins going to do? Will they trade for Watson? It might cost 4 first round picks plus Tua?

What did WAS offer?

Thanks...

What are the Dolphins going to do? Will they trade for Watson? It might cost 4 first round picks plus Tua?

I've heard the two #1s from this year, 3 and 18, and a second or third next year plus Tua. If that's the package I hope they stand pat, though I'd hate to see him go to the Jets.

What did WAS offer?

Thanks...

I've heard the two #1s from this year, 3 and 18, and a second or third next year plus Tua. If that's the package I hope they stand pat, though I'd hate to see him go to the Jets.

If I were him I'd want to go to the 49ers or Colts, but the Texans will want to send him to the Jets for the best deal.

What did WAS offer?

Thanks...

If I were him I'd want to go to the 49ers or Colts, but the Texans will want to send him to the Jets for the best deal.

Yeah, probably. They seem to like past their prime running backs in exchange for potent offensive weapons, and the Jets have Frank Gore so we're screwed. :gumby:

• Like 1

Andy Reid's son and Chiefs assistant coach was involved in a wreck which resulted in a 5 year old boy receiving life threatening injuries. :(

Andy Reid's son and Chiefs assistant coach was involved in a wreck which resulted in a 5 year old boy receiving life threatening injuries. :(

" According to a search warrant, Reid told an officer he had two to three drinks."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-assistant-coach-britt-reid-involved-in-multi-car-accident-with-serious-injuries/amp/

" According to a search warrant, Reid told an officer he had two to three drinks."

https://www.google.c...s-injuries/amp/

Not good. This isn't Britt's first time in trouble.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2007/12/20/exclusive-a-familys-struggle/

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2007/12/20/exclusive-a-familys-struggle/

Sad. Casts a cloud over the Chiefs and Super Bowl, for sure.
  • Like 1

https://www.phillyma...milys-struggle/

Sad. Casts a cloud over the Chiefs and Super Bowl, for sure.

Addiction runs in the family....genetic pre-disposition if you will.

https://www.espn.com...heroin-overdose

Very sad for the victims first and foremost.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Quite the list of Hall of Fame candidates this year, eh?

https://www.profootb...-class-of-2021/

So, who do you like?

What is the limit on how many can get in per year?

Jake Delhomme, really? Maybe his career numbers were better than I would suspect.

So many great names, though.

Peyton Manning

Clay Matthews

Tony Boselli

John Lynch

Reggie Wayne

Those'd be my picks . . .

NFL limits it to 5 inductees per year.

Zach Thomas

Charles Wolfson

Peyton Manning

Calvin Johnson.

Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson and Peyton Manning seems like he strongest players to me. The other two spots would be up for grabs.

:)

This play (go to :47) epitomizes Charles Woodson and how great of a player he was. He was not just a great cover guy.

Quite the list of Hall of Fame candidates this year, eh?

https://www.profootb...-class-of-2021/

So, who do you like?

What is the limit on how many can get in per year?

Jake Delhomme, really? Maybe his career numbers were better than I would suspect.

So many great names, though.

Peyton Manning

Clay Matthews

Tony Boselli

John Lynch

Reggie Wayne

Those'd be my picks . . .

NFL limits it to 5 inductees per year.

Zach Thomas

Charles Wolfson

Peyton Manning

Calvin Johnson.

Charles Woodson, Calvin Johnson and Peyton Manning seems like he strongest players to me. The other two spots would be up for grabs.

:)

Really glad to see Alan Faneca get in and I despise the stealers. But dude was a 7 time All-Pro, 8 time Pro Bowler. Helluva player. O-linemen don't get their just due imo.

As for John Lynch......yeah I guess. If Atwater's in he should be too I suppose.

As for John Lynch......yeah I guess. If Atwater's in he should be too I suppose.

Now that those two amateurs are in, next year will feature the Real Inductee - Leroy Butler.

ZpAHIeZ.jpg

8 first half penalties to 1, which was an early off side. 95 unearned yards is a damn shame.

So they weren't penalties in your view?

Not all of them, no. And certainly not at a ratio of eight to one.

Props to Tampa for playing great football. They didn't need the help.

• Like 1

'Tonight, he took to Twitter to note a peculiar anomaly in the way Super Bowl LV is being called. [Former NFL ref] McAulay identified a significant disparity between the way pass interference is being called tonight and the way it had been all season.'

“It’s very unusual to see the Super Bowl called significantly tighter in the passing game than the way it’s been called in the regular season,” McAulay wrote. “But there is no question that was true in the first half."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/former-nfl-referee-telling-comment-on-super-bowl/amp

• Like 2