The 2020 NFL thread...14 teams in the playoffs? A 17 game regular season? wtf???

laughedatbytime

Fins just need one of these next week...

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

The last two aren't happening

• Like 2

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

The phrase "on any given Sunday" has never been more true than in 2020. Just this week we saw the Jets beat the Browns who had to sit four of their top WRs because of possible COVID exposure. The Browns were doing run-throughs with rookie replacements last-minute in the the parking lot of their hotel. No game result is shocking this season.

If Phi beats Was and NYG beats Dal the Giants will win the NFC East at 6-10.

Meanwhile, there will be 10-win teams in the AFC who won't make the playoffs. Somebody ought to write a letter.

Couldn't agree more. It's a joke.

The alternative is worse. Take playoff games away from division champions, and you might as well eliminate the divisions completely. That would severely reduce the motivation for teams to play hard all year long.

• Like 3

Steelers are a team on the skids...

They pulled it out. There's no doubt they're a good team, but it seems like they got a lot of help from the stripes in the second half.

No, say it isn't so! The refs helping the stealers??!! That never happens, like in Super Bowl XL*.

Browns fans losing their sh!t on twitter lol

Hell, the Browns lost their entire receiving corps to 'Rona protocols. Can't do much after taking that hard a hit.

out 4 receivers, 2 starting LBs, 2 starting OLs and they still wouldnt reschedule the game for a day or 2. The Ravens are the NFL's bitch so they get all the games they needed previously this season rescheduled, but the nfl (and the refs) will do anything to keep Cleveland out of the playoffs

Dwayne Haskins will have to find himself another football team to play for...he was just released by the Washington football team. Edited by laughedatbytime

If Phi beats Was and NYG beats Dal the Giants will win the NFC East at 6-10.

Meanwhile, there will be 10-win teams in the AFC who won't make the playoffs. Somebody ought to write a letter.

Couldn't agree more. It's a joke.

The alternative is worse. Take playoff games away from division champions, and you might as well eliminate the divisions completely. That would severely reduce the motivation for teams to play hard all year long.

^^^This, times 100. Otherwise the NFL becomes as fkt up as the CFP.

The other alternative I have in mind would be crazier, but I'm gonna float it anyway. That's right folks it's time for another round of "NFL Fantasy Realignment" . 4 divisions, 8 teams each:

West: Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Arizona, Las Vegas, Denver, Dallas.

Central: Kansas City, Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit.

Southeast: Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tennessee, Carolina.

Northeast: NYG, NYJ, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New England, Baltimore, Washington D.C.

Division Champs and top four non division champs in playoffs. As that fine business entrepreneur Violet Jones said, "It's as simple as that" .

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

Yep, and as good as the Fins have been, that beatdown the Bills put on Scam and the Pats last night has me concerned. Just so many variables, including the weather. Hoping Flores can continue to coach on the spur of the moment and get it right, could put himself in line for Coach of the Year.

Jeez, Rickey's (my local watering hole in Hollywood) is going to be a loony bin Sunday. I may need to be there by Noon to get a seat at the bar!

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

The odds of that happening is like having Detroit Lions beat any team that Tom Brady is in
  • Like 1

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

The odds of that happening is like having Detroit Lions beat any team that Tom Brady is in

The Lions beat Brady the last time they faced him (before Saturday), in 2018, 26-10.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

Yep, and as good as the Fins have been, that beatdown the Bills put on Scam and the Pats last night has me concerned. Just so many variables, including the weather. Hoping Flores can continue to coach on the spur of the moment and get it right, could put himself in line for Coach of the Year.

Jeez, Rickey's (my local watering hole in Hollywood) is going to be a loony bin Sunday. I may need to be there by Noon to get a seat at the bar!

I think it will depend on if the Bills play their starters the whole game, if they care about 2 vs 3, or follow the Steeper game situation. They're playing as well as any team in the NFL, and much better than the Dolphins. If the Bills play to win, I think it's pretty bleak. So Go Steelers! (That felt disgusting.)

• Like 1

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

The Lions beat Brady the last time they faced him (before Saturday), in 2018, 26-10.

:doh: forgot about that

Beat Buffalo

Pit over Cle

Jax over Ind

Cin over Bal

I've just about given up on slamming the Pussycats. That is a long term chronic disease of ownership.