2020 NASCAR Season thread

blueschica

Woo hoo, the Daytona 500 is here! Anyone watching?

And what was up with those cheesy prepackaged driver introductions instead of actually showing the drivers coming down the runway? Booooo . . .

• Like 1

And what was up with those cheesy prepackaged driver introductions instead of actually showing the drivers coming down the runway? Booooo . . .

Just turned it on...looking forward to the season, despite NASCAR's best attempts to ruin the racing.

• Like 2

Just turned it on...looking forward to the season, despite NASCAR's best attempts to ruin the racing.

Yes. there was supposed to be flag drop at 2:50 . . . .I guess it will start sometime?? :LOL: :LOL:

Yes. there was supposed to be flag drop at 2:50 . . . .I guess it will start sometime?? :LOL: :LOL:

I hope we don't have to deal with this all day.

• Like 1

They started by allowing the Liar in Chief to speak and take a lap in one his presidential vehicles. I understand why they had to, to appease the redneck NASCAR base, but it ruined the beginning of the race.

• Like 1

Just turned it on to watch the finish. It's still in stage one. Back to the Bruins. Once upon a time I'd watch all of qualifying, both duels, all the pre-race morning shows, every lap of the race and thepost race show. And then the Monday wrap up show. I knew all 43 drivers and their race teams.

Those days are long gone.

Holy crap. Just realized I'm watching last year's 500.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

I'm sick to my stomach... its like being pulled right back to 2001. Hoping for the unlikely best for Newman.

Something needs to change with Daytona and Talladega. This style of racing is unacceptable. I don't care if the answer is to plow these stupid tracks into the ground. Restrictor plate racing needs to end.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 5

I've been watching for many decades like some of you and I've never seen a wreck like Newman endured. Bent the roll cage on the drivers side window when he was hit upside down. Not good at all...
  • Like 1

The coverage of the winner, in my opinion, takes a backseat to the well being of a fellow driver. At that moment who gives a rats ass who won...

Yeah but they don't want to show it. Plus there is probably little to report at that point so what else are they going to talk about?

When they left off, they simply said pulled from the car and taken to a local hospital. No talk of movement or any other positive signs. It's going to be bad.

Edited by thesweetscience