"Time Stand Still" as performed by the US Army Band

JimboWTF

Very unexpected tribute.

Now go, sell your guns, buy some guitars and drums... and make America sound again! :rush:

• Like 6

Here is "Time Stand Still" as performed by the US Army Band as a tribute to Neil.

Coincidentally, I was cutting onions at the same time.

Holy Sugar And Spice! I haven't cried like this since early January. Thank you very much for posting!! Greatest Military in the world, greatest band ever made in the world! My mind has been blown!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!! GOD BLESS GEDDY ALEX AND NEIL!!!!!

INCREDIBLE!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

Here is "Time Stand Still" as performed by the US Army Band as a tribute to Neil.

Coincidentally, I was cutting onions at the same time.

Holy Sugar And Spice! I haven't cried like this since early January. Thank you very much for posting!! Greatest Military in the world, greatest band ever made in the world! My mind has been blown!!

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!! GOD BLESS GEDDY ALEX AND NEIL!!!!!

INCREIDIBLE!

AMEN! Just plain beautiful!

• Like 2

Just watched it.

And recall, at their last concert they thanked the United States of America. They were way more receptive to the band than Canada was, as a whole.

But we all loved and love them :)

(Edit: Thank you JimboWTF for posting this. I didn't find it sad, rather I was struck by the commitment they took to perform it so well, to practice on their own time, and it sounds amazing. I'm going back for a fourth time!)

Edited by Bahamas

I cried last night while watching this. What a beautiful arrangement and performance.

I have a lot of respect for military bands. They're astonishingly talented people who practice obsessively, they have to be able to play pretty much any kind of music you can think of. A lot of work goes into what they do.

• Like 5

I cried last night while watching this. What a beautiful arrangement and performance.

I have a lot of respect for military bands. They're astonishingly talented people who practice obsessively, they have to be able to play pretty much any kind of music you can think of. A lot of work goes into what they do.

I knew a guy in the Army military band. And you’re right. I haven’t seen this old acquaintance in maybe 20+ years but he was an awesome singer then, and I assume still now.

In regards to this tribute, this was the best Rush cover I’ve heard. And there are some pretty good covers kicking about (Jacob Moon & YYNOT’s as two examples). Touching.

• Like 2

Touching in so many ways. What an honor for Neil and Rush....that someone put such a tremendous amount of work into that arrangement.
  • Like 1

Incredibly moving. Damn those onions.

It has triggered me to share my story: about 15 years ago I was in my forties, slave to my job, trying to cram my "life" into the weekends. Yes, I was caught in a ticking trap, I'd sold my soul to rats.

Life was passing me by, old friends were growing older, the innocence had slipped away.

This song crystallised those thoughts and energised me into finding a way out. It took me about a year from that moment of clarity to bring my plans to fruition: I cut down to working three days a week. Yes, money was a struggle but to be able to lay on the grass and look at the clouds instead of sitting in my car, and getting stressed out by the photocopier toner needing changing was payment enough.

I was a changed man, so much more relaxed and, unexpectedly, much more confident; I felt superior in many ways, so delighted with myself for taking the path less travelled.

Through it all was my mantra "Time Stand Still". I even had it written on the whiteboard in my kitchen.

Thank you Neil, thank you.

Edited by Tim091
  • Like 3

Incredibly moving. Damn those onions.

It has triggered me to share my story: about 15 years ago I was in my forties, slave to my job, trying to cram my "life" into the weekends. Yes, I was caught in a ticking trap, I'd sold my soul to rats.

Life was passing me by, old friends were growing older, the innocence had slipped away.

This song crystallised those thoughts and energised me into finding a way out. It took me about a year from that moment of clarity to bring my plans to fruition: I cut down to working three days a week. Yes, money was a struggle but to be able to lay on the grass and look at the clouds instead of sitting in my car and getting stressed out by the photocopier toner needing changing was payment enough.

I was a changed man, so much more relaxed and, unexpectedly, much more confident; I felt superior in many ways, so delighted with myself for taking the path less travelled.

Through it all was my mantra "Time Stand Still". I even had it written on the whiteboard in my kitchen.

Thank you Neil, thank you.

Some might say you’re a brave man. Others might say you’re a wise man. I say you’re both. :yes: Good for you!

And it’s very cool of you to thank Neil for it.

:notworthy:

• Like 1