Don Dokken mentions Neil in an interview where he reveals his hands are now paralyzed.

treeduck

17:26 - That's why Rush stopped touring.....it's because they knew that he had limited time.

What utter ignorance ..... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

No surprise he didn't "get" Neil's lyrics.

"Dokken! You sukken! Get off the stagen, you slobben; get a jobben, Dokken!"

Edited by Mara
  • Like 5

17:26 - That's why Rush stopped touring.....it's because they knew that he had limited time.

Sorry, but how do you know for sure that isn't true?

How does that dork radio show host know that what he said is true?

I suggest that we contact the guy and ask HIM to provide evidence to support the claim that HE made.

I suggest that we contact the guy and ask HIM to provide evidence to support the claim that HE made.

At the worst he is guilty of assuming something which lets face it seemed quite plausible.

I don't think it merited the triple facepalm reaction.

From the information we know it seems Neil was diagnosed with the tumor about a year after the tour ended. While I don't think that was the reason he retired, I understand why others might assume that was the reason since he got sick not too long after hanging it up.
  • Like 2

On spreaker.com, a message says that the video is no longer available, and that the episode was deleted by its creator.

On spreaker.com, a message says that the video is no longer available, and that the episode was deleted by its creator.

You scared him! :16ton:

Highly unlikely.... :LOL:

But I did post a comment on spreaker's page with that video. I simply asked if the Host could confirm that the band knew ....

Edited by Principled Man

But I did post a comment on spreaker's page with that video. I simply asked if the Host could confirm that the band knew ....

That definitely scared him. He has a ton of other videos, I saw some when I got the link and he hasn't taken those down. He's running scared.

That definitely scared him. He has a ton of other videos, I saw some when I got the link and he hasn't taken those down. He's running scared.

Gregory Hines & Billy Crystal. Good movie :popcorn:

• Like 2

At the worst he is guilty of assuming something which lets face it seemed quite plausible.

If Neil and the band had already known something was wrong, there would have been no tour that year. No way would he have chosen to spend even a week of the time he had left on the road. We already know he didn’t want to do it anyway.

• Like 3

If Neil and the band had already known something was wrong, there would have been no tour that year. No way would he have chosen to spend even a week of the time he had left on the road. We already know he didn’t want to do it anyway.

Everything we know about the band supports this argument.

Lately Olivia has been introducing me to new friends at school as 'My dad—He's a retired drummer.' True to say, funny to hear. And it does not pain me to realize that, like all athletes, there comes a time to take yourself out of the game. I would rather set it aside than face the predicament described in our song "Losing It". (December 2015)

A man like Neil Peart doesn't go on tour knowing that he will be physically and/or mentally unable to give 100% every Show.

Ok fair enough.....

Everything we know about the band supports this argument.

Lately Olivia has been introducing me to new friends at school as 'My dad—He's a retired drummer.' True to say, funny to hear. And it does not pain me to realize that, like all athletes, there comes a time to take yourself out of the game. I would rather set it aside than face the predicament described in our song "Losing It". (December 2015)

A man like Neil Peart doesn't go on tour knowing that he will be physically and/or mentally unable to give 100% every Show.

I've acknowledged Maras point, which is fair, but don't for a minute think you knew what kind of man he was...none of us did for certain.

When I first heard of Dokken in 1982 via the Kerrang album review of Breaking the Chains I initially thought it was a girl led band because I mistakenly thought the lead singer was called Dawn Dokken. :eh:

Well, you weren't completely wrong about him being a girl. Just look at the lyrics to Alone Again lol.

When I first heard of Dokken in 1982 via the Kerrang album review of Breaking the Chains I initially thought it was a girl led band because I mistakenly thought the lead singer was called Dawn Dokken. :eh:

Well, you weren't completely wrong about him being a girl. Just look at the lyrics to Alone Again lol.

I really like that one. Lynch is a beast on that. :guitar:

Perhaps Gilbert O'Sullivan and Harry Nilsson had a love child and called him Donald ..... :o

• Like 1

Perhaps Gilbert O'Sullivan and Harry Nilsson had a love child and called him Donald ..... :o

I honestly have no clue who either of those people are and had to look them up. Still have no clue after looking lol. I've probably heard songs from them before but couldn't tell you unless I was listening to it.

I really like that one. Lynch is a beast on that. :guitar:

I've got nothing against George's playing on it. The lyrics are just wussy pop garbage.

I honestly have no clue who either of those people are and had to look them up. Still have no clue after looking lol. I've probably heard songs from them before but couldn't tell you unless I was listening to it.

Alone Again, Naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan

All By Myself - Harry Nilsson

I suggest that you avoid listening to the songs.... :laughing guy: