Permanent Waves Boxset to be released on March 27

bscsmkr

The new PW 40 release may be delayed until June ??!!?? A friend in another group just got an email from Amazon.co.uk .

"Unfortunately the release date was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date. Rush "Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary (Super Deluxe) [VINYL] Estimated arrival date: June 02 2020."

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Was planning on walking into Vintage Vinyl and buying it, but I guess I'll need to call first ti find out if they have it.

• Like 1

There's an upcoming Classic Rock Magazine piece on Permanent Waves that's being released on April 1st.

I located an excerpt of the piece that I sent to Ed at Rushisaband.com, which he posted here.

It's nice to know after 40 years what the meaning of 'Different Strings' actually is.

There's an upcoming Classic Rock Magazine piece on Permanent Waves that's being released on April 1st.

I located an excerpt of the piece that I sent to Ed at Rushisaband.com, which he posted here.

It's nice to know after 40 years what the meaning of 'Different Strings' actually is.

That got lost in translation, didn't.it? That's not at all what I go out of it, but it does make sense in that context now that he left us a trail marker..

I’ve noticed a lot of reissues have been held back from original dates going back to last year. Really irritates me when I look forward to them and they’re postponed.

It's what used to happen with the original albums too so I guess they're keeping it authentic...

I’ve noticed a lot of reissues have been held back from original dates going back to last year. Really irritates me when I look forward to them and they’re postponed.

Considering Neil passed away only days from the 40th anniversary of this album, I think it's pretty understandable why this was delayed.

I painstakingly put together a nice live album of all of the officially released tracks from the 40th anniversary edition combined with the St. Louis show and Exit...Stage Left, to create a complete 1980 setlist. I spent a lot of time in my studio matching the sound of the individual sources as best I could through EQ, volume matching, compression, reverb, and some other editing tricks here and there (including fixing the fades from the 40th anniversary edition of Permanent Waves, many of which were criminally abrupt). Made the cover art for it here too (designed to imagine what a live album from 1980 might have looked like)! Shoot me a message if you're interested in more info and hearing it :)

Rush-Permanent-Waves-World-Tour-1980.png

• Like 3

I painstakingly put together a nice live album of all of the officially released tracks from the 40th anniversary edition combined with the St. Louis show and Exit...Stage Left, to create a complete 1980 setlist. I spent a lot of time in my studio matching the sound of the individual sources as best I could through EQ, volume matching, compression, reverb, and some other editing tricks here and there (including fixing the fades from the 40th anniversary edition of Permanent Waves, many of which were criminally abrupt). Made the cover art for it here too (designed to imagine what a live album from 1980 might have looked like)! Shoot me a message if you're interested in more info and hearing it :)

Rush-Permanent-Waves-World-Tour-1980.png

The good old days for sure and certain.

By the way, that Xanadu has THE best Xanadu intro. I have always loved it. Still gives me the chills when I hear it.

Thanks for coming here and offering your efforts to us!!! :rush: :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1