This band is starting to remind me of Spinal Tap.

When will Ian Hill take centerstage with his fusion jazz bass solo?

Edited by grep

From heart surgery, I'm hoping Richie will have a speedy, fast, rapid, and quick recovery. I'm wishing, and I've wished get well thoughts, and no complications. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Richie Faulkner hospitalized with a heart condition. US tour postponed. What the f**k? The young guy has gone down now?

https://www.blabberm...tour-postponed/

Maybe KK Downing will be brought back after all. They can't just bring in someone else, when they already have a "touring" guitarist. Otherwise it could be another long period without touring.

• Like 1

I hope KK Downing doesn't mouth off on Blabbermouth or somewhere about this like last time. Sort of like "Why haven't Priest called me in to replace Richie yet? I'm shocked that I haven't heard anything yet." Or he could blow any chances he might have.

In a recent interview with Japanese music critic and radio personality Masa Ito of TVK's "Rock City", JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the follow-up to 2018's "Firepower" LP. He said (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET): "This next PRIEST album will be just as full of separate character. JUDAS PRIEST is 'Painkiller'; JUDAS PRIEST is 'British Steel'; JUDAS PRIEST is 'Screaming For Vengeance'; JUDAS PRIEST is 'Sin After Sin'. Every album has its own legs, its own metal boots.

"We've always said that even though we're a heavy metal band, we don't let that confine us; we don't let heavy metal put us in a box," he continued. "We think heavy metal is freedom — musical freedom. So when we played [the] Bloodstock [Open Air festival in August] and twenty thousand metal maniacs were singing 'I'm your turbo lover,' it's metal. And then, twenty minutes later, twenty thousand metal maniacs are going, 'He is the painkiller,' it's metal. From two different worlds — from the 'Turbo' world and from the 'Painkiller' world — but it's still heavy metal. And this, I feel, has always been what sets JUDAS PRIEST in a place that no one else explores. And that's why I feel that when our Japanese fans hear that JUDAS PRIEST is making a new metal album, they know they're going to get something that they have never heard before, they're going to get the sounds, they're going to get the songs, they're going to get the compositions and the arrangements in a way that, again, is new; it's fresh.

"I feel that's also a part why we've lasted 50 years in own world, in the PRIEST world — is because when we start to sit down and write, like I've been writing with Glenn [Tipton, PRIEST guitarist] and with Richie [Faulkner, PRIEST guitarist], internally, we know, we think about our fans, we think about the excitement that our fans are feeling, we think about what our fans are wondering this next PRIEST album will contain. And we know that our fans are also as full of adventure and acceptance and open-mindedness and freedom as JUDAS PRIEST is when we [come together] to make these new metal songs.

"So, yeah, every single PRIEST album — if you look at the cover of 'Point Of Entry', you can hear the songs in your head; if you look at the cover of 'Firepower', you can hear the songs in your head. It's the same band, but they're two different dimensions. And this is what makes JUDAS PRIEST, again, unique. There is no other band in heavy metal like JUDAS PRIEST, and we're very proud of that."

• Like 2

I hope KK Downing doesn't mouth off on Blabbermouth or somewhere about this like last time. Sort of like "Why haven't Priest called me in to replace Richie yet? I'm shocked that I haven't heard anything yet." Or he could blow any chances he might have.

I guess that even KK knows that he can't try to take advantage of a sick man's situation without looking like a douchebag.

• Like 1

Andy Sneap will not tour with them the next time they hit the road. The band will play as a quartet instead? Um, how the f**k does Priest work with only one guitar player? If there was a time to ask KK back, here it is.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-to-tour-as-quartet-while-former-touring-guitarist-andy-sneap-focuses-on-his-production-work/

• Like 2

Andy Sneap will not tour with them the next time they hit the road. The band will play as a quartet instead? Um, how the f**k does Priest work with only one guitar player? If there was a time to ask KK back, here it is.

https://www.blabberm...roduction-work/

This is insanity. One guitar player? No, Priest doesn't work without twin guitars.

This is insanity. One guitar player? No, Priest doesn't work without twin guitars.

And the one guitar player is coming off life and death heart surgery.

I just saw this news Pat.

Had to quickly sign in on my phone.

I am so pissed off!

I have front row balcony. Paid premium for them.

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

I remember when ACCEPT toured on a few records with just Wolf.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

I’m going to sell my JUDAS FOUR PIECE tix!

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Iron Maiden to tour with Murray only!

Scorpions to tour this summer without Rudolf Schenker.

Whitesnake headlining Donimgton without Reb Beach.

It’s like buying a V8 Mustang with 4 cylinders!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

• Like 1

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Maybe it's a marketing scheme to try to patch up relations with KK so they can all get back together?

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Yeah it's like turning Sabbath into a three piece with no Iommi, or KISS with just Gene, Paul and Singer on drums.

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Maybe it's a marketing scheme to try to patch up relations with KK so they can all get back together?

I hope!!!

I can’t believe this nonsense!

They will save on payroll with four and not five.

So lame!

A Queensryche Reunion with only Michael Wilton!

• Like 2

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Yeah it's like turning Sabbath into a three piece with no Iommi, or KISS with just Gene, Paul and Singer on drums.

Pat!

I’m very upset.

I was just talking to my buddy who is a huge KISS freak!

I told him the same thing!

Like KISS as a three piece!

He told me KISS did one show as a three piece because Ace never showed up!

I didn’t know that!

• Like 1

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Pat!

I’m very upset.

I didn’t know that!

I think they did a three piece show recently too. This was while Paul was having knee surgery, so it was Gene, Thayer and Singer. What a crap line-up!

I am so pissed off!

Fukk this.

I’m not going.

Fukk that.

I didn’t go.

What a fukkkin joke!

Just announced!!!

Fuckk That Duckk!!!!!

Pat!

I’m very upset.

I didn’t know that!

I think they did a three piece show recently too. This was while Paul was having knee surgery, so it was Gene, Thayer and Singer. What a crap line-up!

OMG!

What garbage!

I feel sorry for the fans paying for that crap.

I just texted my buddy who I’m going to Priest with.

He’s out too!!

Rob Halford truly is a “Sinner!”

• Like 1