If Jugulator and Demolition are canon, so are Redeemer of Souls and Firepower.

Indeed these may well all be canon ........ but Sad Wings Of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine and British Steel are all feckin' intercontinental missiles!!!

And Screaming For Vengeance, Defenders Of The Faith, and Painkiller, aside from the afore discussed Firepower and the live Unleashed In The East. JP are the best metal band of all time.

• Like 3

Indeed these may well all be canon ........ but Sad Wings Of Destiny, Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine and British Steel are all feckin' intercontinental missiles!!!

And Screaming For Vengeance, Defenders Of The Faith, and Painkiller, aside from the afore discussed Firepower and the live Unleashed In The East. JP are the best metal band of all time.

Try this style:

• Like 2

Try this style:

About 6 minutes in, I’m liking it!

• Like 2

Do you like Rocka Rolla?

It's ok but i thought it sounded like a band just finding their feet. Album number two however was an entirely different ball game.

What about this classic then? They even created Alex Lifeson's Caress of Steel guitar ideas and sound for him here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64IJJW0Iy8Y

Ah! memories!!

Aye!

i'm away now to talk to the accountants of turf about tomorrow's potential short term, high risk investments.

That sounds like Greek to me!

:rfl:

So you quite like them then?
  • Like 1

Try this style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPk-PYqLM0

Woah!! ..... heavy duty jazz-rock ...... one collection of serious musicians!

Try this style:

Aye they're beasts!

Try this later line-up from 2011, someone edited the video badly but otherwise it's cool:

• Like 1

Try this style:

Aye they're beasts!

Try this later line-up from 2011, someone edited the video badly but otherwise it's cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poqoxLZlZrI

I recognised Corea and Clarke, but had to google the guitarist ... Frank Gambale .... he is ridiculously good!!
  • Like 1

Try this style:

Aye they're beasts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poqoxLZlZrI

I recognised Corea and Clarke, but had to google the guitarist ... Frank Gambale .... he is ridiculously good!!

I've seen him live with the Elektric Band a couple of times back in the 90's and he's great live. The whole band was great both times.

• Like 1

Just received an email from Ticketmaster that Priest's fall 2020 U.S. dates have been delayed a year. Bummer, but not surprising. Hopefully they're able to do some recording during this down time.
  • Like 1

Just received an email from Ticketmaster that Priest's fall 2020 U.S. dates have been delayed a year. Bummer, but not surprising. Hopefully they're able to do some recording during this down time.

Yeah it was inevitable. Hopefully they can work on the new album and get that finished instead.

• Like 1

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford and guitarist Richie Faulkner have offered separate updates on the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to "Firepower" album. Released in March 2018, "Firepower" was the second LP to feature the 40-year-old Faulkner, who was selected to fill the void left by founding guitarist K.K. Downing following his exit in 2011.

In a new interview with NME, Halford said: "As far as PRIEST goes, we already have a strong selection of songs — practically a complete album — to go when we're able to reconvene at some point. But we need to do a lot more work on it before we even get to the full production stage yet."

Faulkner told SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" that the creative process for PRIEST's next LP was halted by the coronavirus outbreak, which disrupted global travel.

"We started on the new record earlier in the year — me, Glenn [Tipton, guitar] and Rob — and we all went home for the summer," Richie said. "We were all gonna reconvene later on. 'Cause we really wanna get back together and do it all together — that's the way the magic happened on 'Firepower' — and we just haven't had the chance to be able to do that. But as soon as we can, and as soon as we get back to some sort of normality, we'll get back in the studio and continue with it."

Halford resides in Phoenix, Faulkner in Nashville and Tipton still calls his native United Kingdom his home.

"Firepower" entered the Billboard 200 chart at position No. 5, making it PRIEST's highest-charting album ever. "Redeemer Of Souls" debuted and peaked at No. 6, while 2008's "Nostradamus" landed at No. 11 and 2005's "Angel Of Retribution" came in at No. 13.

"Firepower" moved 49,000 equivalent album units in first week of release. Of that sum, 48,000 were in traditional album sales, just shy of the 54,000 copies sold by "Angel Of Retribution" in that album's first week. The "Firepower" chart position was bolstered by sales generated from a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer in association with the band's spring 2018 North American tour.

Across the pond, "Firepower" landed at position No. 5 on the U.K. album chart. It marked the band's highest ranking, and first time in the Top 10, since "British Steel" reached No. 4 in 1980. Elsewhere, "Firepower" also became PRIEST's first-ever No. 1 in Sweden.

"Firepower" was recorded by British producer Andy Sneap, the band's longtime collaborator Tom Allom and engineer Mike Exeter (BLACK SABBATH). The cover artwork for "Firepower" was created by the Chilean/Italian artist Claudio Bergamin.

Last year, Halford told Goldmine that PRIEST "had one of the strongest experiences ever with the 'Firepower' record." He explained: "Just when you think you've not exactly done it all, seen it all and had it all, you go into the studio with this great producer combination that we've never known, and the great music that Richie brought into the mix after he first kind of embedded himself and grown during 'Redeemer Of Souls'. By the time we were at 'Firepower', it really jelled and he knew what he needed to do. 'Redeemer' was still a process of discovery for him. With 'Firepower', he was more attuned and acclimatized to it."

Rob continued: "The general attitude and atmosphere was a bit like how we went in to making 'Painkiller', which was an important record to make for lots of reasons. The way that 'Painkiller' was able to really refine and define this band, I think we came to the same kind of place again with the music from 'Firepower'. And this far on, that was just a great, great time for the band — it's really lifted us in many ways. As a result, the prospect of making the follow-up to 'Firepower' is really intriguing. I haven't a clue where we're going to go with it, but as far as the opportunity in the sense of really wanting to make another strong, important record goes, you know, watch out — the PRIEST will definitely be back. [Laughs]"

• Like 3

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner spoke to SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" about his decision to relocate to Nashville last year after spending several years living in Florida.

"I was getting a bit bored with [Florida's] incessant heat and humidity," Richie said. "Now, I love Florida, but Christmas day was like a day in mid-August. And growing up in the northern hemisphere, in England, Christmas was cold and it was pubs with a roaring fire and a baked potato and stuff like that. So I just wanted some autumn, some fall weather, and I wanted to look forward to the seasons. When the season of spring rolls around after a four-month winter, you look forward to it and you appreciate it and you enjoy the sun. So I was just looking for a change, and my better half knew a few people in and around Nashville. And there was a couple of options. And I know a couple of people in Nashville as well. So we looked here and we found a place, and the rest is history, so to speak. So it wasn't really for the music, the opportunities and stuff like that — I knew a few people here because of the music scene, but it was just I fancied a changed and wanted somewhere a bit more green. So that's basically what it is. I'd love to say it was for the music, but it wasn't, really… It's a beautiful part of the world. It's got some green where we are."

According to Faulkner, who recently became a father, his desire find a suitable place to raise his kids was a contributing factor in his decision to move to Nashville.

"We found a beautiful house that kind of lent itself to a family," he said. "It was too big for me and the wife, but it was big enough to kind of maybe start putting down roots, and that was part of the semi-plan, and then it just kind of happened that way.

"She's 11 weeks old," Richie said about his daughter. "You count your blessings, really. This whole coronavirus has been brutal to a lot of people, and everyone's affected by it in one way or another. But we [JUDAS PRIEST] were gonna be out [touring], obviously, like everyone else was, this summer just past, for three months or two months in Europe, and I was gonna miss the baby's birth. That's what we do for a living, and my better half is dialed into that. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. But because of all that, that got postponed till next year, I'm here for the baby's birth and this stage of her life. So it's a silver lining. As I said, you count your blessings."

Asked how he likes being a dad, Richie said: "It's a trip, man. It's like you're looking into your own eyes. Like everyone tells you, you can't prepare yourself until it happens. People have got different accounts and different stories to tell you, what to expect, and it all goes out the window once you have it. It's a new set of rules, and nothing can prepare you for it."

Faulkner also talked about what it's like having former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch as his father-in-law. The baby's mother is George's daughter Mariah Lynch.

"The first time George and his wife came over, the night they got here, me and George just played guitar all night," Richie said. "So the women chatted and me and George just played guitar.

"George is a lovely guy; he's like a quiet, humble guy. He's a killer guitar player, as we all know. And he texts Mariah every day: "When can I see my granddaughter?'

"But, yeah, we sat there [and] we played guitar. We talked about guitars. And he's a big PRIEST fan as well; he loves PRIEST. So, yeah, we were talking all night until I put on some Eric Johnson, and then that kind of shut us both up — we didn't wanna play guitar anymore. But he's a lovely guy, man. I think we're gonna see him soon as well."

Richie also jokingly suggested that his daughter will take after him and her grandfather and start shredding the axe.

"It's the next in line of that heritage — George Lynch, LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN, there's JUDAS PRIEST in there, and now we've got a little princess," he said. "So she's the next in line in the gunslingers. EMG pickups, they sent me this beautiful pink flying V for her first guitar. It's absolutely beautiful — bright pink with a little pickup in it. And it actually plays well. So that's her first guitar. So she's well on her way now."

George broke the news of his fifth grandchild's arrival in an Instagram post on July 17. He shared an adorable photo of Richie bottle-feeding the baby, with Lynch shredding the axe in a chair only several feet away. "New baby time .big chubz>little chubz>micro chubz. the most precious perfect creature in the present universe entered our world July 8th xo", George wrote.

Faulkner joined PRIEST in 2011 as the replacement for original guitarist K.K. Downing.

Richie was once the guitarist in the backing group for Lauren Harris, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris.

• Like 2

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner spoke to SiriusXM's "Trunk Nation With Eddie Trunk" about his decision to relocate to Nashville last year after spending several years living in Florida.

"I was getting a bit bored with [Florida's] incessant heat and humidity," Richie said. "Now, I love Florida, but Christmas day was like a day in mid-August. And growing up in the northern hemisphere, in England, Christmas was cold and it was pubs with a roaring fire and a baked potato and stuff like that. So I just wanted some autumn, some fall weather, and I wanted to look forward to the seasons. When the season of spring rolls around after a four-month winter, you look forward to it and you appreciate it and you enjoy the sun. So I was just looking for a change, and my better half knew a few people in and around Nashville. And there was a couple of options. And I know a couple of people in Nashville as well. So we looked here and we found a place, and the rest is history, so to speak. So it wasn't really for the music, the opportunities and stuff like that — I knew a few people here because of the music scene, but it was just I fancied a changed and wanted somewhere a bit more green. So that's basically what it is. I'd love to say it was for the music, but it wasn't, really… It's a beautiful part of the world. It's got some green where we are."

According to Faulkner, who recently became a father, his desire find a suitable place to raise his kids was a contributing factor in his decision to move to Nashville.

"We found a beautiful house that kind of lent itself to a family," he said. "It was too big for me and the wife, but it was big enough to kind of maybe start putting down roots, and that was part of the semi-plan, and then it just kind of happened that way.

"She's 11 weeks old," Richie said about his daughter. "You count your blessings, really. This whole coronavirus has been brutal to a lot of people, and everyone's affected by it in one way or another. But we [JUDAS PRIEST] were gonna be out [touring], obviously, like everyone else was, this summer just past, for three months or two months in Europe, and I was gonna miss the baby's birth. That's what we do for a living, and my better half is dialed into that. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. But because of all that, that got postponed till next year, I'm here for the baby's birth and this stage of her life. So it's a silver lining. As I said, you count your blessings."

Asked how he likes being a dad, Richie said: "It's a trip, man. It's like you're looking into your own eyes. Like everyone tells you, you can't prepare yourself until it happens. People have got different accounts and different stories to tell you, what to expect, and it all goes out the window once you have it. It's a new set of rules, and nothing can prepare you for it."

Faulkner also talked about what it's like having former DOKKEN guitarist George Lynch as his father-in-law. The baby's mother is George's daughter Mariah Lynch.

"The first time George and his wife came over, the night they got here, me and George just played guitar all night," Richie said. "So the women chatted and me and George just played guitar.

"George is a lovely guy; he's like a quiet, humble guy. He's a killer guitar player, as we all know. And he texts Mariah every day: "When can I see my granddaughter?'

"But, yeah, we sat there [and] we played guitar. We talked about guitars. And he's a big PRIEST fan as well; he loves PRIEST. So, yeah, we were talking all night until I put on some Eric Johnson, and then that kind of shut us both up — we didn't wanna play guitar anymore. But he's a lovely guy, man. I think we're gonna see him soon as well."

Richie also jokingly suggested that his daughter will take after him and her grandfather and start shredding the axe.

"It's the next in line of that heritage — George Lynch, LYNCH MOB, DOKKEN, there's JUDAS PRIEST in there, and now we've got a little princess," he said. "So she's the next in line in the gunslingers. EMG pickups, they sent me this beautiful pink flying V for her first guitar. It's absolutely beautiful — bright pink with a little pickup in it. And it actually plays well. So that's her first guitar. So she's well on her way now."

George broke the news of his fifth grandchild's arrival in an Instagram post on July 17. He shared an adorable photo of Richie bottle-feeding the baby, with Lynch shredding the axe in a chair only several feet away. "New baby time .big chubz>little chubz>micro chubz. the most precious perfect creature in the present universe entered our world July 8th xo", George wrote.

Faulkner joined PRIEST in 2011 as the replacement for original guitarist K.K. Downing.

Richie was once the guitarist in the backing group for Lauren Harris, daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris.

Congrats to Richie and what a cool father-in-law to have! That would be a fun house to grow up in if you like guitar playing.

And as brilliant a player as Richie is, it still amazes me that prior to Priest, all he'd done was play for Lauren freaking Harris.

• Like 1

Congrats to Richie and what a cool father-in-law to have! That would be a fun house to grow up in if you like guitar playing.

And as brilliant a player as Richie is, it still amazes me that prior to Priest, all he'd done was play for Lauren freaking Harris.

Yeah it doesn't matter how good you are if you don't get the opportunity you could be going nowhere, unless you find the right people, or you're Steve Harris or Ritchie Blackmore and you're on a mission and have the vision to get it done.

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke to Animal House Radio about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to "Firepower" album. Released in March 2018, "Firepower" was the second LP to feature Richie Faulkner, who was selected to fill the void left by founding guitarist K.K. Downing following his exit in 2011.

Asked if it's getting harder each time for him and his bandmates to top their previous albums, Halford said (see video below): "It's best not to think about it, because then you're just gonna go around and around in circles and you get internal disputes and stuff. I think we're confident enough. Look, we've been doing it for so long. That doesn't mean to say it's easy, or any easier, but I think we understand — each of us understand, especially the writing team of Glenn [Tipton, guitar] and Richie and myself — we understand where we need to go and what we need to do. And I tell you, some of these next ideas, they're just — oh my God. I can't begin to explain.

"I think we carried the spirit and the great power that our fans gave us as we went around the world nearly three times with 'Firepower', I think we carried that with us back to the studio, back to the writing sessions," he continued. "Because some of these songs that I've got here on my phone — believe it or not; everything's on the phone — they're monsters. Even in a very, very rough, primitive stage, they're great — they're really, really good.

"But as we've always said, guys, PRIEST just don't bang a few songs together, make a record and run it out. We are meticulous with absolutely everything that we do, and that's probably why we've been around for so long — the fact that we do take such love and care and attention with the work that we create. 'Cause we've got this long trail behind us as well that's supporting us and giving us kind of feedback — even now. Listening to 'Rocka Rolla', there's stuff in there that really inspires you all these decades later."

I just started Rob's book today and so far am really enjoying it. It's written in a relaxed, easy-to-read style that feels like he's just sitting there talking to you. I immediately jumped to the end to see if he mentioned the feuding with KK or the 'other Priest', but he doesn't. I get the impression Rob really prefers to stay above mudslinging.

His memory isn't perfect as he cites Jawbreaker as being off SFV, but it sounds like he drank so much during those years we should be thankful he remembers anything. Obviously a huge part of the book is his turmoil and sadness about being in the closet. Look to be some good stories about meeting and partying with other rockers and celebrities. Looking forward to reading the rest in detail.

• Like 2

I just started Rob's book today and so far am really enjoying it. It's written in a relaxed, easy-to-read style that feels like he's just sitting there talking to you. I immediately jumped to the end to see if he mentioned the feuding with KK or the 'other Priest', but he doesn't. I get the impression Rob really prefers to stay above mudslinging.

His memory isn't perfect as he cites Jawbreaker as being off SFV, but it sounds like he drank so much during those years we should be thankful he remembers anything. Obviously a huge part of the book is his turmoil and sadness about being in the closet. Look to be some good stories about meeting and partying with other rockers and celebrities. Looking forward to reading the rest in detail.

He doesn't really talk that much about Priest in the book, he must be saving that for the Judas Priest story.

What do you think about what he said about the new songs?