Just got my ticket for the St. Louis show at the end of September. I hope it still goes ahead.

Unfortunately I don't believe any big concerts will happen for the rest of the year. We still won't know for a few months how safe restaurants and bars will be to go to. Concerts are still way off.

I have 3rd row for Austin in October and yeah, I'm not optimistic. Pressing people together again in concert venues is a gigantic leap from where we are now. I feel like the artists themselves should be fine. There's usually a baricade that keeps the audience AT LEAST 6 feet from the stage. The fans are the ones who'd be most at risk. I kinda wish Priest would just focus on recording the follow-up to Firepower instead of touring again this year anyway.

I have 3rd row for Austin in October and yeah, I'm not optimistic. Pressing people together again in concert venues is a gigantic leap from where we are now. I feel like the artists themselves should be fine. There's usually a baricade that keeps the audience AT LEAST 6 feet from the stage. The fans are the ones who'd be most at risk. I kinda wish Priest would just focus on recording the follow-up to Firepower instead of touring again this year anyway.

They're waiting until the very last second before cancelling this tour. I think the first date is May 30, no word yet but there's no way it's happening and everyone knows it.

They're waiting until the very last second before cancelling this tour. I think the first date is May 30, no word yet but there's no way it's happening and everyone knows it.

It seems the Ozzy/Priest UK tour destined never to happen....but hope I'm wrong

It seems the Ozzy/Priest UK tour destined never to happen....but hope I'm wrong

Yeah Ozzy and Priest seem determined to go through with it but the forces of the universe seem determined that it shouldn't happen.

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to work on material for the band's follow-up to "Firepower" album. Released in March 2018, "Firepower" was the second LP to feature Richie Faulkner, who was selected to fill the void left by founding guitarist K.K. Downing following his exit in 2011.

PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke about the band's next LP in the latest episode of Revolver's "The Last Show", a video series for road crew relief. He said (see video below): "I've got another great bunch of ideas from Richie the other day. He and I are always in touch. He sent me a bunch of riffs and songs — some completed, some half completed. We go back and forth.

"It's a strange way of doing it," he continued. "This is how you utilize technology. Richie is over in Nashville; I'm here in Phoenix right now. And that's the way we go back and forth.

"All songs start with an idea — just a very simple, basic idea. Sometimes it's a complete idea. It will start at the beginning. And we've had a lot of fun — Richie and I — putting together some of these vibes. And then we generally go back over to England and we hook up with Glenn [Tipton, guitar] and with Ian [Hill, bass], and Scott [Travis, drums] comes over, and Andy [sneap, producer and touring guitarist] is there, of course, in the mix. And hopefully we'll get Tom Allom back in production. In fact, I'm pretty sure that'll happen as we make the next PRIEST album; we'll have Tom there. Those guys did a great job with the 'Firepower' record, and so we're gonna dive in and get that work completed as soon as we possibly can. That's what we do. PRIEST make records."

• Like 3

British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST are continuing to work on material for the band's follow-up to "Firepower" album. Released in March 2018, "Firepower" was the second LP to feature Richie Faulkner, who was selected to fill the void left by founding guitarist K.K. Downing following his exit in 2011.

PRIEST singer Rob Halford spoke about the band's next LP in the latest episode of Revolver's "The Last Show", a video series for road crew relief. He said (see video below): "I've got another great bunch of ideas from Richie the other day. He and I are always in touch. He sent me a bunch of riffs and songs — some completed, some half completed. We go back and forth.

"It's a strange way of doing it," he continued. "This is how you utilize technology. Richie is over in Nashville; I'm here in Phoenix right now. And that's the way we go back and forth.

"All songs start with an idea — just a very simple, basic idea. Sometimes it's a complete idea. It will start at the beginning. And we've had a lot of fun — Richie and I — putting together some of these vibes. And then we generally go back over to England and we hook up with Glenn [Tipton, guitar] and with Ian [Hill, bass], and Scott [Travis, drums] comes over, and Andy [sneap, producer and touring guitarist] is there, of course, in the mix. And hopefully we'll get Tom Allom back in production. In fact, I'm pretty sure that'll happen as we make the next PRIEST album; we'll have Tom there. Those guys did a great job with the 'Firepower' record, and so we're gonna dive in and get that work completed as soon as we possibly can. That's what we do. PRIEST make records."

Love it. Tom Allom was the secret ingredient in Firepower's greatness. Plenty of time now to get this sucker done and out within a year.

• Like 2

Love it. Tom Allom was the secret ingredient in Firepower's greatness. Plenty of time now to get this sucker done and out within a year.

They should have never parted ways with Tom Allom. Kinda like Rush and Terry Brown.

• Like 3

They should have never parted ways with Tom Allom. Kinda like Rush and Terry Brown.

This.

• Like 2

I agree that we may not see many large concerts for a long time (sigh). That being said, I would love to see Judas Priest put out a follow up to Firepower. That was a heck of an album!! IMO it was the best priest album since Screaming 4 Vengeance. Yes, even better than Turbo.

I got to see that tour with them open for Deep Purple and the majority of the crowed was their for Judas Priest - and Priest was definitely the better group.

Having Sabaton open up for them would be a heck of a show. I saw Sabaton open up for Nightwish and that was a great show. At the time I said that in a strange way Sabaton reminded me of Priest - it would be a great tour.

I've been glad that Judas Priest have been in the studio recording a new c.d., and album follow up to their "Firepower" one. There have been talks, and rumors of them, and Iron Maiden touring together next year in 2021. It would be after both bands, and groups release new c.ds, and albums. Edited by Derek19

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner spoke to Sweetwater's Nick Bowcott about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to 2018's "Firepower" album. He said (see video below): "We did some writing in February before [the coronavirus pandemic] hit. I think it was during the time it was all coming to the surface that there was this virus going around, and me and Rob [Halford, vocals], luckily, just about made it back to the States before the lockdown came into effect. But we did get about a month's worth of writing done, and we've got a bunch of songs. And they're by no means finished. When you start writing something, you've got a few ideas and then they become more fleshed out, and all of a sudden, you've got a start, a middle and an end — it's almost like a skeleton, with bare bones. But you need some meat and potatoes and some muscle to put on it. So we need stuff like midsections and harmony sections and guitar solos — lots of guitar solos… We've got a bunch of them together. We're just waiting for the time when we can get back together again and start playing 'em and recording 'em together.

"We found out, or I found out — I'd never done it like this before — but on the 'Firepower' record, we all played it live before we recorded them," he continued. "And we recorded the drums live while me and Ian [Hill, bass] played and Rob sang and Glenn [Tipton, guitar] was there. You've got the songs close to finished, and when you play them, you realize there's probably another 10, 15 percent to go — trim some fat here; this needs another part; it's too slow here; speed that up; pull this back. And that only becomes apparent, really, I found out, when you play it together, like you would in a live gig.

"So we wanna get back together at some point and flesh these songs out, play together. And I'll tell you what, when you get Scott Travis in a room, he's such a musical drummer, and he's such a respectful drummer — he loves [former JUDAS PRIEST drummer] Les Binks; he's a huge Les Binks fan — so when he's playing the songs, he's always aware of, 'This little Les Binks hi-hat part here,' or he does things spontaneously that just change the song for the better. So getting him in the room and playing together is just monumental, I think, in the creation of a PRIEST record.

"So, again, a long-winded answer there, but we're just waiting for the opportunity to get together and play in a room together."

• Like 1

No KK no priest.

Usually I agree with these kinds of opinions, like with Journey right now. But in JP’s case Firepower shattered any doubt in my mind whether or not this line up has what it takes to live up to the Priest title. Richie is, I’ll say it, a better guitarist than KK, and his style is perfect for what Priest do. KK’s incredible, don’t get me wrong, but he had his limitations and Richie just goes further. He can go toe to toe with Glenn, and Glenn I say is one of the best guitarists of all time. Just name me another who’s written and played rhythm and lead on so many foundational songs to a genre over so long a period of time AND has constantly added new techniques to his style and kept improving as a player for 40 years. Odds are whatever guitarist you name is already considered one of the all time greats, so should be Glenn Tipton.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 3

No KK no priest.

Have you heard Redeemer Of Souls or Firepower? Don't forget KK screwed the band over and left them hanging when he decided to retire after the band had announced a big world tour.

• Like 3

No KK no priest.

Usually I agree with these kinds of opinions, like with Journey right now. But in JP’s case Firepower shattered any doubt in my mind whether or not this line up has what it takes to live up to the Priest title. Richie is, I’ll say it, a better guitarist than KK, and his style is perfect for what Priest do. KK’s incredible, don’t get me wrong, but he had his limitations and Richie just goes further. He can go toe to toe with Glenn, and Glenn I say is one of the best guitarists of all time. Just name me another who’s written and played rhythm and lead on so many foundational songs to a genre over so long a period of time AND has constantly added new techniques to his style and kept improving as a player for 40 years. Odds are whatever guitarist you name is already considered one of the all time greats, so should be Glenn Tipton.

I'm not knocking Glen Tipton ... great guitarist, but Priest's sound was built around the twin leads of Tipton and Downing and every album from Rocka Rolla to Nostradamus over a period of 34 years (including all their best stuff) featured that pairing.

You could replace either of them with a feckin 3 handed wonder guitarist and it still wouldn't be the same.

Personally,I think the time Priest should have stopped was 1992 when Halford left. They would have gone out on a high.

The band now should be renamed 'Rob Halford's Judas Priest' as he will now milk the cash cow until it drops.

No KK no priest.

Have you heard Redeemer Of Souls or Firepower? Don't forget KK screwed the band over and left them hanging when he decided to retire after the band had announced a big world tour.

Yeah, heard both, good albums but don't even come remotely close to classic Priest. Don't forget Halford fu*ked off in 1992, and also the band announced that they would retire after the 2010 Epitaph tour.

That was never gonna happen as Halford had assumed control and was determined to milk the band dry. TBH i saw them on the last 3 tours prior to Redeemer of Souls and Halford is done ... give it up mate!

Edited by zepphead

Gotta disagree with you here Zepphead. Firepower is a top 5 Priest album for multiple people on this site and for good reason. For 34 years KK and Glenn were great together, and now for the past few years Richie and Glenn have been just as good together. And idk how it could be the Rob Halford band when Scott’s been the longest running Priest drummer ever and he’s every bit as great as either Les Binks or Dave Holland, and Ian Hill has always been there on bass, in fact Ian is the only member who’s been in every incarnation!
  • Like 2

Gotta disagree with you here Zepphead. Firepower is a top 5 Priest album for multiple people on this site and for good reason. For 34 years KK and Glenn were great together, and now for the past few years Richie and Glenn have been just as good together. And idk how it could be the Rob Halford band when Scott’s been the longest running Priest drummer ever and he’s every bit as great as either Les Binks or Dave Holland, and Ian Hill has always been there on bass, in fact Ian is the only member who’s been in every incarnation!

Just my opinion .... Hill has always been there yes, but does he do the talking? ... no .... always uncle Rob has the say so with Priest .... i think he pulls the strings now.

Don't disagree that Firepower is a good album, but in my eyes Priest's best days are well behind them.

Edited by zepphead