Just got my tickets for Los Angeles 10/15/20

What??? Already?????

Pre sale, is my guess. You know that thing they do for every concert now to try and make the ticket buyer feel special even though there's 27 different ones for each show.

I know man, it's out of control J! I really wanted Maiden and Priest to tour together.

Where did you get that idea from Earl? If they did a tour together Priest would have to take second billing at every show. It's one thing doing that with Ozzy in Europe for a few shows but I can't see Priest accepting a second banana role for a whole US tour.

they did in 2018...opening for deep purple!

pretty poor decision. most of the crowd was there for priest

I had tickets to see purple again and it was cancelled due to low sales

Yeah but Deep Purple are one of the Priest guys big heroes and a major influence while Maiden are their upstart rivals who came along when Priest were already well established. I can't see them swallowing it.

I think there's both professional and personal respect between Priest and Maiden. I don't think Priest would have a problem being on first. They are probably well aware that Maiden is the more popular band even though Priest has been around longer. Halford opened for Maiden back in 2000. Yes, it was Halford solo but he came on first and Queensryche was second on the bill after Maiden. Halford could have easily pulled the "I'm Rob f***in Halford and I'm not going on first" card but he didn't. I don't see why it would bother him this time around to be on before Maiden.

The funny thing about this discussion is Maiden opened for Priest in North America back in like 1981 or 82.

Looking forward to seeing Priest again in October, but as good as Firepower was, I would've preferred they focus on the next album this year and then tour AFTER that.

The touring executives probably want Priest to cash in on the 50th anniversary tour before they release a new album. It's a business after all and sadly some bands don't always have completely say on what to do and when. Even if they have been around as long as Priest has.

Looking forward to seeing Priest again in October, but as good as Firepower was, I would've preferred they focus on the next album this year and then tour AFTER that.

The touring executives probably want Priest to cash in on the 50th anniversary tour before they release a new album. It's a business after all and sadly some bands don't always have completely say on what to do and when. Even if they have been around as long as Priest has.

Well anyway it's obviously not happening this year and most likely not next year either since Priest will probably be working on the new album for most of 2021. Maybe in 2022 or 2023?

I think KK was the only one who had a problem with Maiden back in the 80s. Current Priest doesn't have egos so big they wouldn't open for Maiden nowadays. They were willing to open for Ozzy and of course they did open for Purple. Ultimate bill would be Saxon for 45 minutes, Priest for 75 and then Maiden for 100.
  • Like 1

I think KK was the only one who had a problem with Maiden back in the 80s. Current Priest doesn't have egos so big they wouldn't open for Maiden nowadays. They were willing to open for Ozzy and of course they did open for Purple. Ultimate bill would be Saxon for 45 minutes, Priest for 75 and then Maiden for 100.

Holy Shit TexMike! I love it. I saw Priest with Saxon opening at The Warfield. It blew my mind. I saw Heep open for Priest last year!!!

The Maiden Ozzy Tour was a disaster. We all know that shite. Didn't Sharon pull the plug on Maiden and her and her bitches threw eggs on the stage at Maiden?? It was in LA. Right????

FUKK SHARON.

I know Ozzy and Sharon were both cheats but really? Sharon was fuckking Randy Rhoads behind Ozzy's back.

No humans are perfect, but when you are married you should be with your mate.

I'm no angel and I have been divorced for five years.

We just grew apart. Never cheated on my ex wife. It's about ethics, not about religion.

I believe in the Universe and I hope there is a higher power, but I don't need a church.

GIVE ME METAL CHURCH INSTEAD!! LOL!

Oh and Pat thinks I'm a pansy heavy metalist!! YOU ARE WRONG PAT!!

I JUST NEED MELODY IN MY HEAVY METAL!! I LOVE METAL CHURCH!!!

I LOVE KING DIAMOND!! KK MY ASS PAT! LOL!!!

KK needs to retire.

Halford has the real goods man.

"DELIVERING THE GOODS" MUTHA TRUCKERS!!!"

KK's band is useless like a bull with tits. But I might buy the Japanese cd with a bonus track. Hypocrites Rule.

Hypocritical Behavior was my passion in college. I wanted to write a book about Hypocritical Humanity.

I wanted to challenge the philosophy that we are actually born with hypocritical behavior. We don't learn to be hypocrites.

To be so bold, it's like homosexuality. We don't learn it, we are born with it.

I know it's a reach. This is Pat's Thread so sorry buddy. You don't care about hijacking either.

Anyway, I was studying English at St. Mary's College. Ironically I fell in love with philosophy and the study of human hypocrisy.

My teacher was Father Owen Carroll. A Catholic Priest. He was so cool and he helped me with my idea. He really liked it which I couldn't believe. Hypocrisy! LOL! Kidding.

He would help me find books on this and there were none to be found.

The title of my book is "Hypocritical Mass." A pun off of all the ultra liberal bike riders on the Golden Gate Bridge.

I even have 100 "Got Mass" t shirts made.

I was going to write my book guys.

Yet I chose family, business with dad and rock and roll.

Life goes on.

EGOS suck.

I'm just writing my life story on here.

Because at the end of the day. Here I sit. Feeling like a winner, not some sinner who is filled with shit. It's all good.

I hope all of you find your own happiness and love within yourself.

That's what I've learned.

Sadly, women come and go after losing the one woman I really loved.

But I have my parents. My girls. My dog Earl The Pug. He's the Fourth.

I have amazing friends. In real life. Many on here too.

I'm a lucky guy.

"Here Comes The Feeling!"

LOVE PROG POP!

I will always be "Cutting It Fine" on here.

RUSH ON!

What about Maiden touring with KK's Priest as the support band?

Holy Shit TexMike! I love it. I saw Priest with Saxon opening at The Warfield. It blew my mind. I saw Heep open for Priest last year!!!

The Maiden Ozzy Tour was a disaster. We all know that shite. Didn't Sharon pull the plug on Maiden and her and her bitches threw eggs on the stage at Maiden?? It was in LA. Right????

FUKK SHARON.

I know Ozzy and Sharon were both cheats but really? Sharon was fuckking Randy Rhoads behind Ozzy's back.

We just grew apart. Never cheated on my ex wife. It's about ethics, not about religion.

I believe in the Universe and I hope there is a higher power, but I don't need a church.

KK needs to retire.

KK's band is useless like a bull with tits. But I might buy the Japanese cd with a bonus track. Hypocrites Rule.

Hypocritical Behavior was my passion in college. I wanted to write a book about Hypocritical Humanity.

I wanted to challenge the philosophy that we are actually born with hypocritical behavior. We don't learn to be hypocrites.

I know it's a reach. This is Pat's Thread so sorry buddy. You don't care about hijacking either.

Anyway, I was studying English at St. Mary's College. Ironically I fell in love with philosophy and the study of human hypocrisy.

My teacher was Father Owen Carroll. A Catholic Priest. He was so cool and he helped me with my idea. He really liked it which I couldn't believe. Hypocrisy! LOL! Kidding.

The title of my book is "Hypocritical Mass." A pun off of all the ultra liberal bike riders on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Life goes on.

EGOS suck.

Because at the end of the day. Here I sit. Feeling like a winner, not some sinner who is filled with shit. It's all good.

I'm a lucky guy.

LOVE PROG POP!

RUSH ON!

KK already is retired Earl! :16ton:

He needs your money Earl since his golf course went under! Pay him and he might go away! :goodone:

• Like 1

FUKK SHARON.

KK needs to retire.

Life goes on.

EGOS suck.

I'm a lucky guy.

LOVE PROG POP!

RUSH ON!

KK already is retired Earl! :16ton:

He needs your money Earl since his golf course went under! Pay him and he might go away! :goodone:

HAHAHAHA! I remember that about his golf course.

I'm going to save my money honey!

Thanks to the Coronavirus we will all be dead in 5 summers.

I'm going to drink, see shows and date a lot of women baby!!!

Wait! I'm already doing that. LOL!

I will never change my brother.

Don't worry. I took my AIDS STD TEST. I AM CLEAN!!!

Yet I have this terrible cough and fever.

MODELOVIRUSONTAP!!

NO LIME

• Like 2

Actually if you think about it, the ultimate Judas Priest 50th anniversary tour would have KK's Priest opening. You get all the members in one night, just not at the same time (maybe one encore song with everybody). They could coordinate their sets so that no songs are played twice. There's a better chance of one of us finding a million dollars in our sofa though. :LOL:

• Like 1

Actually if you think about it, the ultimate Judas Priest 50th anniversary tour would have KK's Priest opening. You get all the members in one night, just not at the same time (maybe one encore song with everybody). They could coordinate their sets so that no songs are played twice. There's a better chance of one of us finding a million dollars in our sofa though. :LOL:

...and have both Saxons, so you'll really have "Strangers in the Night"

Let's hope they can actually get physical copies of the album out. I read an article yesterday where Jamie Jasta from Hatebreed said their new album is put on hold indefinitely because the warehouses that produce the albums in both north America and Europe are closing down because of the coronavirus. They can still release it digitally but I guess there's a big money loss if they can't sell physical copies, so they're putting it on hold.

Let's hope they can actually get physical copies of the album out. I read an article yesterday where Jamie Jasta from Hatebreed said their new album is put on hold indefinitely because the warehouses that produce the albums in both north America and Europe are closing down because of the coronavirus. They can still release it digitally but I guess there's a big money loss if they can't sell physical copies, so they're putting it on hold.

Yeah new releases that haven't already been manufactured might be put on hold until this whole thing is over. Let's hope it's soon not just for these reasons but for all the other reasons as well.

Yeah new releases that haven't already been manufactured might be put on hold until this whole thing is over. Let's hope it's soon not just for these reasons but for all the other reasons as well.

Someone needs to tell the government that the release of new music is considered an essential service by many. We still have a lot of great stuff to listen to if we have to wait a bit on something new.

• Like 2

Priest's tour is looking more and more unlikely to take place as well. They may as well stay in the studio and record the album this year and shelve the tour until next year.

Yeah, there's a massive world wide clean up that has to happen when the pandemic has run its course. I don't think we see any large concerts happening until next year unfortunately.

Priest's tour is looking more and more unlikely to take place as well. They may as well stay in the studio and record the album this year and shelve the tour until next year.

Yeah, there's a massive world wide clean up that has to happen when the pandemic has run its course. I don't think we see any large concerts happening until next year unfortunately.

Yep.

Someone needs to tell the government that the release of new music is considered an essential service by many. We still have a lot of great stuff to listen to if we have to wait a bit on something new.

Aye.