I thought these dates were already announced? They've been on the website for months.

I think there were only European dates announced before. This is for North America.

No they were there. I looked them up the other day because I was trying to see where they'd have time in between dates for more writing sessions for the new album.

shame sabaton suck but that's just a couple more parking lot beers

Sabaton is a fun live band. Very catchy songs that are great to sing along to. Just don't take them too seriously as musicians and everything will be fine.

I am just not a "power metal" guy whatsoever beyond a handful of bands like helloween, blind guardian, iced earth, gamma ray...

I saw them with amon amarth and couldn't get into it at all.

Sabaton is a fun live band. Very catchy songs that are great to sing along to. Just don't take them too seriously as musicians and everything will be fine.

I am just not a "power metal" guy whatsoever beyond a handful of bands like helloween, blind guardian, iced earth, gamma ray...

Oh, ok.

Iced Earth isn't power metal though. I see them more in a traditional metal vein. They're a more aggressive and darker version of Maiden.

I thought these dates were already announced? They've been on the website for months.

I think there were only European dates announced before. This is for North America.

No they were there. I looked them up the other day because I was trying to see where they'd have time in between dates for more writing sessions for the new album.

Not sure what's going on then? Nothing was reported widely until today.

Oh, ok.

Iced Earth isn't power metal though. I see them more in a traditional metal vein. They're a more aggressive and darker version of Maiden.

for the most part I agree. I think they sort of blur the line, like the early fates warning and queensryche stuff too

• Like 1

but the heavier side of iced earth definitely appeals to me, I'm kinda the only person here who enjoys any death metal or black metal so bands on the dragonforce end of the spectrum typically grate on me

Not sure what's going on then? Nothing was reported widely until today.

Maybe they made this announcement to counter KK's Priest announcement, mostly by proceeding as if nothing had happened and not acknowledging it all?

Or maybe they had to nail down a few details like the support band before they could make the full announcement?

Perhaps.

The dates aren't until the fall, so maybe they didn't want to make the full announcement too far in advance.

Oh, ok.

for the most part I agree. I think they sort of blur the line, like the early fates warning and queensryche stuff too

Sabaton is too cheesy for me. also saw them with AA a few years back. but i guess Judas Priest doesn't mind them plagiarizing their material...Fields of Verdun, feels overdone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8G-LwWNn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ

Oh, ok.

Sabaton is too cheesy for me. also saw them with AA a few years back. but i guess Judas Priest doesn't mind them plagiarizing their material...Fields of Verdun, feels overdone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP8G-LwWNn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ

I honestly don't hear where they plagiarized Priest in that song. That sounds like every song Sabaton has done. If we're talking in a general sense, every metal band that has come after Priest and Sabbath has plagiarized them a little bit lol.

Just got my tickets for Los Angeles 10/15/20

What??? Already?????

Pre sale, is my guess. You know that thing they do for every concert now to try and make the ticket buyer feel special even though there's 27 different ones for each show.

What??? Already?????

Pre sale, is my guess. You know that thing they do for every concert now to try and make the ticket buyer feel special even though there's 27 different ones for each show.

I know man, it's out of control J! I really wanted Maiden and Priest to tour together.

What??? Already?????

I know man, it's out of control J! I really wanted Maiden and Priest to tour together.

The presales would be double for a show like that. I think that tour will happen within the next two years. Priest probably wants to do their 50th anniversary on their own first. Then it will be about time for a new album and tour for both bands.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

What??? Already?????

The presales would be double for a show like that. I think that tour will happen within the next two years. Priest probably wants to do their 50th anniversary on their own first. Then it will be about time for a new album and tour for both bands.

Yes J, I am sooooooo fukkking pissed. I can't believe Priest is skipping the Bay Area!!!! WTF???????????

Yeah maybe in 2021-2022 Priest and Maiden will tour together on a Farewell To Metal Gods Tour and go out with a BANG!

What??? Already?????

Yes J, I am sooooooo fukkking pissed. I can't believe Priest is skipping the Bay Area!!!! WTF???????????

Yeah maybe in 2021-2022 Priest and Maiden will tour together on a Farewell To Metal Gods Tour and go out with a BANG!

Steve Harris has said he's up for doing it. But he said it comes down to the management of both bands getting together and coordinating everything.

• Like 1

What??? Already?????

Steve Harris has said he's up for doing it. But he said it comes down to the management of both bands getting together and coordinating everything.

That's awesome. Both organizations are top notch, I am sure they will get it done.