Identifying Record Pressings

twwells

Hi all, haven't posted in a while but wanted to see if anyone had any advice for identifying a record's pressing when it doesn't quite match anything in Discogs. I don't have my records in front of me but an example would be the words stamped on my record match up to a certain point but instead of "1A" it's "1C" or something like that. I doubt I have anything rare but just wanted to know how to know what I have, if that makes sense. Thanks for the assistance!

Hi all, haven't posted in a while but wanted to see if anyone had any advice for identifying a record's pressing when it doesn't quite match anything in Discogs. I don't have my records in front of me but an example would be the words stamped on my record match up to a certain point but instead of "1A" it's "1C" or something like that. I doubt I have anything rare but just wanted to know how to know what I have, if that makes sense. Thanks for the assistance!

I don't know all that much about individual pressings, but I'll throw this out there. When I've had a question in the past about pressing or matrix numbers I didn't understand on Discogs I've found the Steve Hoffman forums to be very helpful. You can find them at forums.stevehoffman.tv A lot of people are on there with a lot of listening information and they might be able to help with a specific question. I think you just have to make an account to start a thread and there are several Rush fans on there.

There are people on here with a lot of knowledge as well, I hope you hear from some of them as well! Good luck!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1