I Thought I Was Over This Loss... Watched "Rush In Rio" Bonus Disc.... Losing Neil To Brain Cancer Is More Irony. Like Losing The R.M.S. Titanic. Fuc

RUSHHEAD666

Hey Earl! I was on YouTube when I found out we had lost Neil. My heart literally stopped for a second and I hoped against hope that there had been a blip in the news somewhere. Sadly I found out it was true. RIP Neil! Listening to Signals at the moment. So glad I got to see Rush live and discovered them before I missed that chance!

Well hello there my dear! Hope you are well! Yes!! My heart stopped too! You are awesome! I feel the same way as you do!! We are so lucky!! RUSH ON FOREVER! NEIL RULES!!!

Absolutely! When I listen to Rush now Neil doesn't feel gone, his music keeps him alive! So I'm driving around blasting Rush from the speakers and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy despite the sadness.

Thankyou for your kind words Earl! RUSH ON FOREVER!!! ❤❤❤

You amaze me and you are welcome! It comes "Closer To The Heart!" :heart: :heart: :heart: I feel the same way yet again! I listened to RUSH all weekend after Neil passed and ironically it made me feel better despite crying a river every night for many many moons!

We are in this together! Millions of us! Some humans on the planet who I come across just don't get it. They think I'm crazy for loving a guy sooooo much despite only meeting him once and that he isn't even part of my family.

But as I have probably stated many times, I don't care what people think! Hell people who have known me on here for years know that I have no fear or filter. But I am not fake. I am real.

I fell in love with Neil's drumming in 1981. He's been in my heart ever since and he is my mentor and my musical hero for all eternity. If that's not true love then I don't know what love is.

I will never change my dear, and yes, the music, his lyrics, his books and all the wonderful videos will keep his Legacy alive until the sun burns out or until the Coronavirus wipes us all out. I'm kidding! I prefer the ModeloEspecialvirus. LOL

I'm trying to add some humor here.

But yes. I will play to Rush music until my arms and legs fall off, have a massive stroke or simply just can't hear anymore!

I'm ok, I am in good shape. I'm knocking on some wood right now. :)

Be well my friend!!!

Earl

In the last year or two I had been going to Neil's website fairly often and wondering why it wasn't being updated. I'd still tool around it anyway. Like most of you, I thought, well, he's spending time with his family. But in the back of my mind I did actually wonder what's *really* going on? I had a slight unease since we hadn't heard from him in so long, but I didn't have a clue that he was so ill.
  • Like 2

Hey Earl! I was on YouTube when I found out we had lost Neil. My heart literally stopped for a second and I hoped against hope that there had been a blip in the news somewhere. Sadly I found out it was true. RIP Neil! Listening to Signals at the moment. So glad I got to see Rush live and discovered them before I missed that chance!

Well hello there my dear! Hope you are well! Yes!! My heart stopped too! You are awesome! I feel the same way as you do!! We are so lucky!! RUSH ON FOREVER! NEIL RULES!!!

Absolutely! When I listen to Rush now Neil doesn't feel gone, his music keeps him alive! So I'm driving around blasting Rush from the speakers and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy despite the sadness.

You know, seeing your username reminded me that I actually felt it more when Richey died/disappeared than I did about Neil.

You know, seeing your username reminded me that I actually felt it more when Richey died/disappeared than I did about Neil.

Hello fellow Manics fan! Yes, Richey's disappearance was heartbreaking for his family, bandmates and fans. I wasn't into music when that happened so I didn't have to go through that particular loss, I had to learn about it. But yes, both tragedies what happened to Richey and also Neil in different circumstances.

You amaze me and you are welcome! It comes "Closer To The Heart!" :heart: :heart: :heart: I feel the same way yet again! I listened to RUSH all weekend after Neil passed and ironically it made me feel better despite crying a river every night for many many moons!

We are in this together! Millions of us! Some humans on the planet who I come across just don't get it. They think I'm crazy for loving a guy sooooo much despite only meeting him once and that he isn't even part of my family.

But as I have probably stated many times, I don't care what people think! Hell people who have known me on here for years know that I have no fear or filter. But I am not fake. I am real.

I fell in love with Neil's drumming in 1981. He's been in my heart ever since and he is my mentor and my musical hero for all eternity. If that's not true love then I don't know what love is.

I will never change my dear, and yes, the music, his lyrics, his books and all the wonderful videos will keep his Legacy alive until the sun burns out or until the Coronavirus wipes us all out. I'm kidding! I prefer the ModeloEspecialvirus. LOL

I'm trying to add some humor here.

But yes. I will play to Rush music until my arms and legs fall off, have a massive stroke or simply just can't hear anymore!

I'm ok, I am in good shape. I'm knocking on some wood right now. :)

Be well my friend!!!

Earl

Thanks Earl! Neil will definitely live on in our hearts! ❤❤❤

Hello fellow Manics fan! Yes, Richey's disappearance was heartbreaking for his family, bandmates and fans. I wasn't into music when that happened so I didn't have to go through that particular loss, I had to learn about it. But yes, both tragedies what happened to Richey and also Neil in different circumstances.

I remember it well....I was in my late twenties when it happened and I felt that the music and indeed literary world had lost a bright and shining star.......I think I felt his loss more keenly because imo his tortured literary work was of a far higher calibre and touched me more deeply than Neils.

In the last year or two I had been going to Neil's website fairly often and wondering why it wasn't being updated. I'd still tool around it anyway. Like most of you, I thought, well, he's spending time with his family. But in the back of my mind I did actually wonder what's *really* going on? I had a slight unease since we hadn't heard from him in so long, but I didn't have a clue that he was so ill.

I felt the same way. Thought he was getting healthier and spending time with Carrie and especially Olivia. So sad.......

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1