I Thought I Was Over This Loss... Watched "Rush In Rio" Bonus Disc.... Losing Neil To Brain Cancer Is More Irony. Like Losing The R.M.S. Titanic. Fuc

RUSHHEAD666

I was really getting over this. Getting over the loss.

Yet here I am on January 31st still typing about it.

If you want to delete this thread it's all good.

Some on here think I'm crazy anyway.

Many hate me.

But this forum has always been great to me regardless of the outcome.

I just watched the bonus disc in my "Rush In Rio" dvd.

Amazing stuff.

I just watched Neil's drum solo and you can pick the video angle of the solo!

Amazing.

Anyway as I watched Neil do his crossovers and obvious incredible, mind-blowing drum solo I couldn't help but think of the irony of his passing.

My two "Hemispheres" can't comprehend the fact that Neil developed brain cancer.

A man so cerebral.

So gifted.

So loving in my mind and I met him Analog Kids and he blew me off.

But even then...

It didn't matter.

I understood it.

I understood Neil.

How can one human being on this Earth transcend so many others like us?

Losing Neil Peart to brain cancer is like the RMS TITANIC sinking on her maiden voyage in my mind. It's the ultimate irony. Why?

Makes no sense to me at all.

Then the planet loses Kobe Bryant in the same month????

The entire world is mourning for both mortal souls.

"Why does it happen? Because it happens Roll The Bones?"

An iceberg.

A brain tumor.

A judgement of human error to fly a helicopter in morning fog.

I seriously just don't get it..

But life goes on.

Live your life.

I'm glad people on here hate me.

But I know there is also a lot of love.

So what.

Life is short.

Bottom line.

"You Bet Your Life"

Don't do it.

RUSH ON!

I have no ill will to anyone on this Forum.

The past is the past.

I am moving on...................................................

• Like 5

I get where you’re coming from, Earl. But I tend to not think of it as irony (even though if I think about it, in the context you offered- yeah, it is, inescapably).

But just like the people who have talked about how cruel it is that Neil started to become ill not long after R40 ended, and had quite a few of the years he would have spent seeing his daughter grow up ‘taken away’ from him.

I mean, sure, we can look at it that way, if we choose to. But I choose not to. I choose not to use the conjecture that says Neil has to be so highly pissed off about his diagnosis, and all of the time that was taken away from him as a result of it...I remember reading in a thread here, a social media post of someone who was a personal friend of his (can’t remember by name, right now), where he included that Neil said to him something like, “Well, we have a brain tumor”...just very matter of fact, and wanting to keep it as private as anything else in his personal life.

I just choose not to think that Neil thought it was cruel, or spent his time being angry about it, in any way. Privately, we’ll probably never know how he felt...and that’s the way he wanted it.

To your point- listening to the music, and especially watching him performing live, I agree- I still just can’t believe he’s gone.

• Like 1

How much tragedy can one soul endure?

The lucky ones live and survive.

They mourn and ponder then thrive.

I want to stay alive.

"Red Sector A"

Ignites more passion for the faded fashion.

While the cynics lay in their lazy stinky bed

Looking for free Taco Bell and an infected high five.

Leave me alone and let me ponder in a world of intellectual wonder.

Neil Peart

Alex Lifeson

Geddy Lee

Let me live my life in a full throttle bottle rocket of adrenaline.

Let me ignite my Icarus Flight into "The Enemy Within."

Flee...

Glee...

See...

Me...

You....

Us...

We....

"A Trick Of The Tail?"

A sailboat without a trusty sail.

Experience to extremes...

All lost at sea.

All lost to me.

We are all cerebral and free.

Yet a ball and chain to our phones.

Suck on your downloads and eat

Your vanilla white ice cream cones.

LOL!!!

So glad I was born in 1968.

I feel sorry for you young guns.

Keep on on streaming and creaming with new drama.

"The Body Electric" will always prevail.

1001001 it's our own mod.

I wan to crack the code.

No need for a plastic clenching fist.

No need for you Rushhead Haters to resist.

I bring peace to the forum.

I love Europe and I love the guitar playing of John Norum.

You Analog Kids and Digital Men my get me

But I doubt it.

It's so fun writing on here when everyone on the East Coast is asleep.

You "Cold Fire" Women can watch me burn like embers in the night.

I really could care less.

You can watch we shed countless "Tears" over Neil.

But what a wonderful mess.

"So cool to be so tough."

"Kid Gloves"

Equate to False Loves........

Women come and go like the wicked wind.

Neil will always be the true anchor.

Pour yourselves another ice cold beer.

"Tough to be so cool..............."

Anchor Stream has been cleared.

"I see Red.... It hurts my rushead....."

"A rising summer sun.........."

Where is the fun.....

Feels red..........

I wish I was unsaid.

I thinking about the overhead.

"Business As Usual.." Men At Work.

I know many of you think I'm a jerk.

National Midnight Star?? IT'S TRUE!!!

Dead ahead.......

I only love RUSHIANS.

Tried of The Blues.

Neil's drumming on "Red Lenses" is some of the best drumming ever on this planet.

Neil is the best drummer on the Earth.

I love you Louie Bellson.

Max Roach.

Gene Krupa.

Buddy Rich.

Billy Cobham.

Simon Phillips.

Stewart Copeland.

Dave Weckl.

Steve Gadd.

Gavin Harrison.

Danny Carey,

Phil Collins.

Dennis Chambers.

Mitch Mitchell.

Keith Moon.

Terry Bozzio,

Tim Alexander.

Rod

Nico

Scott Rockenfield

Ok even Mike Portnoy.

Tony Williams

Jeff Porcaro

Leonard Haze

Tommy Lee

Bobby Blotzer

Pete Thomas

Tony Thompson

Cozy Powell

Ian Paice

Bill Ward

Vinny

Carmine

Alex Van Halen

Travis Barker

Sib

Wild Mick Brown

Zoomer

Any drummer "Who" had made it is great.

Neil is the best.

YYZ BABY!!!

• Like 1

I get where you’re coming from, Earl. But I tend to not think of it as irony (even though if I think about it, in the context you offered- yeah, it is, inescapably).

But just like the people who have talked about how cruel it is that Neil started to become ill not long after R40 ended, and had quite a few of the years he would have spent seeing his daughter grow up ‘taken away’ from him.

I mean, sure, we can look at it that way, if we choose to. But I choose not to. I choose not to use the conjecture that says Neil has to be so highly pissed off about his diagnosis, and all of the time that was taken away from him as a result of it...I remember reading in a thread here, a social media post of someone who was a personal friend of his (can’t remember by name, right now), where he included that Neil said to him something like, “Well, we have a brain tumor”...just very matter of fact, and wanting to keep it as private as anything else in his personal life.

I just choose not to think that Neil thought it was cruel, or spent his time being angry about it, in any way. Privately, we’ll probably never know how he felt...and that’s the way he wanted it.

To your point- listening to the music, and especially watching him performing live, I agree- I still just can’t believe he’s gone.

Yes my friend.

"It just can't be understood."

I get it J.

"I hear the echos."

"I feel your presence."

"I feel the way you would."

I am having lucid dreams hanging out with Neil in my subconscious. Should I be judged on a public forum for this?

I wish I wasn't so open and confident being on this damn forum sometimes.

But regardless of my opinions and temporary existence here... I am real.

You totally get me J. I'm lucky.

I know Neil is a great guy. Regardless of all the negativity from his fans.

Heck I met Neil and it was like a "Clockwork Devil."

He blew me off.

But that 10 seconds. Mexican Stand off. Deers in headlights gaze.

It was surreal and uplifting despite the outcome.

I will cherish that awkward moment until I die.

All I wanted to tell Neil was thank you.

But I couldn't get it out J.

I am not a starstruck human either.

Oh more irony!! LOL!!!

Time is flying by night.

I can't believe it's almost 4 AM here.

Goodnight my friend.

I will be listening to "Grace Under Pressure" into the morning light..........................................................

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

I think the reason it's so hard to deal with is because none of us had any idea that he was ill until after he passed because of all the secrecy in the inner circle. There were several other musicians who died in recent years who were publicly battling illnesses for years so it wasn't a big surprise when they died--- people like Marie Frederiksson and Ronnie James Dio.
  • Like 3

I think the reason it's so hard to deal with is because none of us had any idea that he was ill until after he passed because of all the secrecy in the inner circle. There were several other musicians who died in recent years who were publicly battling illnesses for years so it wasn't a big surprise when they died--- people like Marie Frederiksson and Ronnie James Dio.

It would’ve been harder for some to deal with it if it had been known several months or a couple of years before.

Neil lived a full, full life. That's what I'm choosing to focus on.

:ebert:

I love you Allen but I can't agree.

A full personal life for sure.

But the man lost his first wife and daughter.

Took time off and healed.

Went back to work with the boys.

Fell in love.

Had another baby girl.

Wrote many books.

Did R40.

Retired.

Thought he was going to be with Carrie and Olivia for at least a few more decades.

He will never see Olivia graduate college. Fall in love. Get married. Hold a grandchild.

But hey, "it is what it is" right?

One day at a time.

It's all humanity can do....................

• Like 2

I agree Krystal.

I actually knew about this on November 2 2019. Through a potential customer who had the same nanny as the Pearts.

When he told me about Neil having a brain tumor in our office meeting I just shrugged it off in disbelief.

I seriously just couldn't believe it and thought it was just a rumor even though it came from a really legit source.

I just erased it from my memory banks and didn't tell a soul. Only my dad knew because he was in the room conducting the business meeting too.

The Ronnie James Dio death was so sad and Wendy kept it quiet too.

On a positive note I love Stevie Nicks and Pat Benatar as well. Blondie!

RUSH ON!

Earl, that’s the first thought that popped into my head when I read the cause of death. How a man so brilliant and articulate succumbed to brain cancer.

We are all part of a global Rush Family my friend! Exactly. I still think about Neil every day.

• Like 1

Hey Earl! I was on YouTube when I found out we had lost Neil. My heart literally stopped for a second and I hoped against hope that there had been a blip in the news somewhere. Sadly I found out it was true. RIP Neil! Listening to Signals at the moment. So glad I got to see Rush live and discovered them before I missed that chance!
  • Like 2

Hey Earl! I was on YouTube when I found out we had lost Neil. My heart literally stopped for a second and I hoped against hope that there had been a blip in the news somewhere. Sadly I found out it was true. RIP Neil! Listening to Signals at the moment. So glad I got to see Rush live and discovered them before I missed that chance!

Well hello there my dear! Hope you are well! Yes!! My heart stopped too! You are awesome! I feel the same way as you do!! We are so lucky!! RUSH ON FOREVER! NEIL RULES!!!

Well hello there my dear! Hope you are well! Yes!! My heart stopped too! You are awesome! I feel the same way as you do!! We are so lucky!! RUSH ON FOREVER! NEIL RULES!!!

Absolutely! When I listen to Rush now Neil doesn't feel gone, his music keeps him alive! So I'm driving around blasting Rush from the speakers and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy despite the sadness.

Thankyou for your kind words Earl! RUSH ON FOREVER!!! ❤❤❤

• Like 1