Until We Meet Again- Going Away thread for Lorraine

blueschica

It looks like the move has been moved up a day, so tonight is the last night we will spend here. My mind is in a whirl. It was just sprung on me tonight that the major move has been moved up a day. There's boxes all over and so much more yet to pack. We ran out of boxes too. Now I have to run around and figure out what essentials we need tomorrow that I want out of here. Can't trust this neighborhood anymore. If they catch wind this place is empty, they might break in and there goes our stuff.

I could cry my eyeballs out, but I haven't the time to do that or that luxury.

So, my friends, I do not know after tomorrow morning when I will be back. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

He went to the cardiologist this morning and he has to wear a heart monitor for a month,

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, dear friend! You have already dealt with so much, it's got to be all downhill from here I hope! As my dad would say, I hope you have "Fair winds and following seas"- a Navy good luck and best wishes. :heart:

• Like 7

Goodbye, my friends! Until we meet again. Hopefully, it won't be that long.

How I pray all goes well today and that I get settled in FAST. I hate living among clutter and boxes and disorganization.

You are so much in my heart. I will miss you dearly.

:kisshug: :hug2: :7up: :o :ph34r: :LOL: :cool: :) :( :boohoo: :blah: :boo hiss: :angel: :cheers: :hi: :madra: :heart: :wub: :rush:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 8

Here's an update.

I could write a book on all that has happened since the day we moved. It began with my getting in my car after all was packed up and the moving truck had gone only to find my battery was dead. I lost count of the meltdowns I had. Whatever could go wrong, did, but it always balanced out with a blessing.

The move was the right thing to do. It has been, at one and the same time, a nightmare and a blessing.

It isn't easy moving at an older age, and it is hard moving thirty years worth of "stuff". So much went into the garbage that broke my heart to toss. When you have a few people helping, things get thrown that never should have been thrown away - "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

My husband will never be the same. What I was told are the effects of his stroke and what the effects actually are are night and day. The days of having any intelligent conversation with him are over for good. I'm left with a man that I can only have small talk with, that I can't leave alone for more than a couple of hours, that is unable to take care of me should something happen, and that probably wouldn't quite know what to say to a 911 operator should he have to call. I'm not even sure he has finally gotten down pat our new address. He still can't say the months of the year backwards.

All this is made worse by his basic personality which includes his inability to admit there is anything wrong with him - the problem is me - not him. If his says something nonsensical, it's my fault I don't understand him. Dialoging with him is a practice in insanity. I try not to do it anymore. It's like talking to someone with a demonic spirit

The good news is that I bought myself a newer car - a 2017 Forester. Got a really good deal and it only has 27,000 miles on it. :) Also, we bought our cemetery plots and headstone. I'm trying to use the money wisely that we got. By the way, our home sold in two days. The couple offered $10,000 more than we were asking. We took it.

I have no free time except around this time and I'm exhausted. My life has radically changed. I'd love to have some time to myself. I can never relax anymore. I have an adult child now and I'm always on the go. I'd weep for myself if I had the time.

Thank you to all who reached out to me. :hug2: :hug2: Especially Becky and Laura who sent me cards.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 9

Glad to see you post again. Sounds like you have been through hell but still hanging in there. Bless you friend :hug2: :angel: :hi:
  • Like 3

It's good to hear from you! I'm glad your house sold quickly, but what a lot to deal with concerning your husband. Hugs to you . . :hug2: I hope you get to enjoy your new car!
  • Like 4

Lorraine is moving next week to a place without internet service. I wish we could get together and have a going away party, but here is a till we meet again thread to send best wishes with the move. Feel free to post any good wishes in this thread!

jQhMhdWm.pnguPZLyoFm.pngHmCoQ2im.png

Not prison? :o

Not prison, just a remote area that has run out of bandwidth due to the housing going up all over the place. Farms selling off property and developers taking advantage of it.

I have to wait until someone either moves out of the area or dies.

I have know about this for a long time.

Love you Lorraine.

You were always one of my best "Clockwork Angels." You always got me. Always knew that I wasn't really crazy. Just having fun at a very supersonic rate.

I was born to rock the boat, but I know when to calm the waves down.

I love you.

Be safe and be good.

RUSH ON FOREVER!!!

You have my number.

I'm here for you.

Love,

Earl

• Like 3

Hi Lorraine,

That is great you sold your home quickly and for more than you thought!

Enjoy that new car. One less thing to worry about. Having an older one you always have to worry about all sorts of problems.

I'm sorry your husband is so hard to deal with. You know (at least I hope you do) that I think of you.

Take care, Lorraine :) :hug2:

• Like 3

Just stopping in to say "hello" and I think of you. :hi:

I hope things are going good....better?.....tolerable.....Well, I wish you all the best, Lorraine. :wub:

:heart: :rose: :hug2:

Don't ask, Daylin. I absolutely love where we live now and don't regret the move at all, but the marriage needs a miracle to survive.

Almost thirty years down the drain.

• Like 1

I hope things are going good....better?.....tolerable.....Well, I wish you all the best, Lorraine. :wub:

Don't ask, Daylin. I absolutely love where we live now and don't regret the move at all, but the marriage needs a miracle to survive.

Sorry to hear about your marriage, Lorraine.

It is great that you love where you live. That's a great feeling to wake up in the morning and look forward to walking out your door....nowadays just going for a walk or sitting outside. I know where you live has a lot to do with emotional well being. So, that's a good thing to come out of this.l

Hang in there. You've gotten this far. I know, easy for me to say, but from what I can read/see about you you're a tough cookie!

• Like 1

It is great that you love where you live. That's a great feeling to wake up in the morning and look forward to walking out your door....nowadays just going for a walk or sitting outside. I know where you live has a lot to do with emotional well being. So, that's a good thing to come out of this.l

Hang in there. You've gotten this far. I know, easy for me to say, but from what I can read/see about you you're a tough cookie!

I'm not a tough cookie. I am a human being just like everyone else that needs understanding and love and emotional support.

• Like 1

I'm not a tough cookie. I am a human being just like everyone else that needs understanding and love and emotional support.

Which you have here by many people as I can see.

• Like 1