Until We Meet Again- Going Away thread for Lorraine

blueschica

http://www.everypaw.com/uploads/border_terrier_2.jpg

That’s a good looking doggo

It's almost like the one I used to have back in the day.

Yeah I remember. You said he was speedy and high leaper

Yeah, she didn't like riding in cars though or thunderstorms. She used to hide under the dining table during thunderstorms.

• Like 1

Yeah, she didn't like riding in cars though or thunderstorms. She used to hide under the dining table during thunderstorms.

You need a new canine associate!

You need a new canine associate!

Maybe. :smoke:

Best wishes to you, Lorraine.

:hug2:

And as others have said, you should go to the library. I would think they have more then one computer for the patrons. And, I love the library. It's a great place for you to go and get away for awhile. Nice and quiet too :)

Edited by Daylin
  • Like 3

Wait...an area out of bandwidth? That's a thing?

I checked and where you're headed has a public library. Free internetz! Books and movies too!

I think I know where the library is too. I hope they have more than one computer for the public in it though

My friend said she knows a young man who might be able to help us since he does that type of stuff for a living. We'll see.

One of the places I called for internet service called me back yesterday and said they could do it, but they'd have to run an underground cable blah blah blah and that the whole thing would cost around $3,600.00. They'd fork over the three thousand and I would have to pay the six hundred to which I replied "No, thank you."

Can you believe it?

And another place wanted to lock me into a two-year contract for a speed that wasn't much better than my dial-up days. Plus, it was way more expensive than Comcast. I don't know why Comcast never claimed the area.

Weird. Maybe moving to the Yukon wasn't such a good idea?

Here's a sampling of what I have to go through each day.

My husband's speech therapist left him some things to do. One of them is to fill in three categories - number, month, day - with a word that begins with a certain letter.

I went to see how he was doing. The letter was "f". He had the four for the number, and four for the month.

Me: Is there a month named "four"?

Him: Yes.

Me: No, there isn't.

Him: Yes, there is.

I went and took the calendar off the wall and showed it to him, month by month.

Me: Did you see a month called "four"?

Him: Yes, I did.

It will soon be three months since the stroke. I don't think he is going to get any better. The therapist in the skilled living center told me he tested the equivalent of a 4 year old. I didn't believe her back then. Now, I do.

Wish me luck everyone. I feel as if I am going insane. No joke either.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

My husband's speech therapist left him some things to do. One of them is to fill in three categories - number, month, day - with a word that begins with a certain letter.

I went to see how he was doing. The letter was "f". He had the four for the number, and four for the month.

It will soon be three months since the stroke. I don't think he is going to get any better. The therapist in the skilled living center told me he tested the equivalent of a 4 year old. I didn't believe her back then. Now, I do.

Good luck, Lorraine!

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 1

:hug2: :hug2: You are a saint, doing all the care taking for him!

• Like 5

I'm no saint; I'm turning into a devil. I don't have the virtues necessary to deal with him. He'll bury me first.

The effects of his stroke are exacerbated by his personality. He thinks he does nothing wrong and that there is nothing wrong with him. I'm the one with the problems, not him - according to him.

Edited by Lorraine

I'm no saint; I'm turning into a devil. I don't have the virtues necessary to deal with him. He'll bury me first.

The effects of his stroke are exacerbated by his personality. He thinks he does nothing wrong and that there is nothing wrong with him. I'm the one with the problems, not him - according to him.

That sounds hard to deal with, for sure. I hope some help is available for him after your move. :heart:

• Like 5

Don't know what to say, don't know if anything can be said, so. :hug2:

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 4

It looks like the move has been moved up a day, so tonight is the last night we will spend here. My mind is in a whirl. It was just sprung on me tonight that the major move has been moved up a day. There's boxes all over and so much more yet to pack. We ran out of boxes too. Now I have to run around and figure out what essentials we need tomorrow that I want out of here. Can't trust this neighborhood anymore. If they catch wind this place is empty, they might break in and there goes our stuff.

I could cry my eyeballs out, but I haven't the time to do that or that luxury.

So, my friends, I do not know after tomorrow morning when I will be back. Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

He went to the cardiologist this morning and he has to wear a heart monitor for a month,

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

The best thing to do is just agree with what he says no matter how out there or wrong he might be. His mind can't process things normally anymore so he doesn't realize what he's saying is wrong. Just go along with it because you don't want to get him upset. A mind not thinking properly can make him do some uncharacteristic things if he's mad.

Did the doctors say anything about him having dementia? His behavior sounds a lot like my grandfather's who suffered with it during his final years.

What is this with changing your move up a day? Are companies allowed to legally do that without proper notice?

Edited by J2112YYZ

The best thing to do is just agree with what he says no matter how out there or wrong he might be. His mind can't process things normally anymore so he doesn't realize what he's saying is wrong. Just go along with it because you don't want to get him upset. A mind not thinking properly can make him do some uncharacteristic things if he's mad.

Did the doctors say anything about him having dementia? His behavior sounds a lot like my grandfather's who suffered with it during his final years.

What is this with changing your move up a day? Are companies allowed to legally do that without proper notice?

He does not have dementia. He has aphasia due to the stroke on the right side of his brain. He's had two strokes - the one three years ago was on the left side of his brain.

I do not know what you are talking about "companies allowed to legally do that without proper notice". This is a private move and my friends in Idaho are moving us. Her son has to get the moving truck back by Thursday, so they have to move us tomorrow instead of that day.

Right now it's snowing and the roads are slicker than slick. Hope it is better tomorrow.

You are correct that his brain can't process things normally. You ought to get a load of the worksheet he did that the speech therapist left him. I looked at it this morning. He starts off good then gets stuck in a rut and keeps repeating the same word. Really sad.

Edited by Lorraine

He does not have dementia. He has aphasia due to the stroke on the right side of his brain. He's had two strokes - the one three years ago was on the left side of his brain.

I do not know what you are talking about "companies allowed to legally do that without proper notice". This is a private move and my friends in Idaho are moving us. Her son has to get the moving truck back by Thursday, so they have to move us tomorrow instead of that day.

Right now it's snowing and the roads are slicker than slick. Hope it is better tomorrow.

You are correct that his brain can't process things normally. You ought to get a load of the worksheet he did that the speech therapist left him. I looked at it this morning. He starts off good then gets stuck in a rut and keeps repeating the same word. Really sad.

Oh, I thought maybe you hired some movers and they were trying to mess with you.