Until We Meet Again- Going Away thread for Lorraine

blueschica

Lorraine, you were one of the first people to be friendly to me on TRF! Although we haven't done it lately, I will miss posting in "Gush about Rush" with you- you write really well about Rush and why their music inspires such loyalty. I hope you can check in again from time to time. :heart:

Aww, that's awfully nice of you to say that, Becky. :hug2:

• Like 3

Lorraine, you were one of the first people to be friendly to me on TRF! Although we haven't done it lately, I will miss posting in "Gush about Rush" with you- you write really well about Rush and why their music inspires such loyalty. I hope you can check in again from time to time. :heart:

Aww, that's awfully nice of you to say that, Becky. :hug2:

Thanks! I meant it! ❤❤❤ It will be different here without you.

• Like 4

Wait...an area out of bandwidth? That's a thing?

I checked and where you're headed has a public library. Free internetz! Books and movies too!

I think I know where the library is too. I hope they have more than one computer for the public in it though

My friend said she knows a young man who might be able to help us since he does that type of stuff for a living. We'll see.

One of the places I called for internet service called me back yesterday and said they could do it, but they'd have to run an underground cable blah blah blah and that the whole thing would cost around $3,600.00. They'd fork over the three thousand and I would have to pay the six hundred to which I replied "No, thank you."

Can you believe it?

And another place wanted to lock me into a two-year contract for a speed that wasn't much better than my dial-up days. Plus, it was way more expensive than Comcast. I don't know why Comcast never claimed the area.

• Like 1

So sorry to be losing you (albeit temporarily, we hope), Lorraine! I will think of your curiosity and good humor, your encouragement of other board members during your own trials, and your search for new recipes!

Here's hoping the developers are under some pressure to add hi-speed internet to their subdivisions' amenities.

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm not in any of their developments. We will be living in a mobile home on about 5 acres surrounded by an additional 30 or so acres. Each of the surrounding homes has about 10 acres apiece. And cows too. :)

However, nearby families sold off farmland and lots of new housing went up. A lot.

They will have to do something fast. Who wants to live without internet service these days? That's why I didn't want to lock myself into any two year contract with anyone. I bet within a year all of this changes. Maybe even Comcast will move in and take over.

• Like 2

Best wishes!!!. :hug2: :sundog: :sundog: :sundog: Go to the library and use the internet there. Your tax dollars pay for it.
  • Like 3

My Prayers will not stop until we hear from you again, Lorraine!

NAGAdFC.gif

Pray that Comcast comes into the area and brings them up to speed. :hi:

Yes, we have Comcast here in Saline.

j2CVBP3.png

• Like 2

NAGAdFC.gif

Have you checked if Comcast even operates in the state you're moving to? There might be a different company who does it.

• Like 1

Lorraine, you are probably The Rush Forum's most beloved member. We will all miss you while you are gone. Remember you always have a home online here!
  • Like 4

Best of luck, Lorraine! We’ll definitely miss you around here, but hopefully your internet problems will be resolved soon. It’s not “goodbye,” it’s just “see you later!”
  • Like 4

I agree with Librarian, please go to the library and check in once in a while. It just won't be the same here without you :sigh: Please take care of yourself and know you are going to be sorely missed :heart: :| . Good luck my friend!
  • Like 5

NAGAdFC.gif

Have you checked if Comcast even operates in the state you're moving to? There might be a different company who does it.

I have Comcast right now and they are the first ones I checked with. No, they are not there.

There are only three companies that service the area I am moving to - one ran out of bandwidth, the other had to run an underground cable and it would cost $3,600 - they would pay three thousand and I would have to pay the rest to which I said "no, thank you", and the last company was a satellite dish company with internet speed hovering somewhere around 30 ( I have around 90 now) and they wanted to lock me into a 2 year contract.

Lorraine, you are probably The Rush Forum's most beloved member. We will all miss you while you are gone. Remember you always have a home online here!

Lorraine, you are probably The Rush Forum's most beloved member.

This may very well be totally true. :yes:

If TRF were Cheers, I’d have to think Lorraine is Carla and all that that entails :)

:cheers:

The only thing I can think to say is: Thank you both! :sundog: :cheers:

• Like 4