Until We Meet Again- Going Away thread for Lorraine

blueschica

Lorraine is moving next week to a place without internet service. I wish we could get together and have a going away party, but here is a till we meet again thread to send best wishes with the move. Feel free to post any good wishes in this thread!

jQhMhdWm.pnguPZLyoFm.pngHmCoQ2im.png

• Like 8

Lorraine is moving next week to a place without internet service. I wish we could get together and have a going away party, but here is a till we meet again thread to send best wishes with the move. Feel free to post any good wishes in this thread!

Not prison? :o

• Like 1

Not prison, just a remote area that has run out of bandwidth due to the housing going up all over the place. Farms selling off property and developers taking advantage of it.

I have to wait until someone either moves out of the area or dies.

• Like 1

Lorraine, you were one of the first people to be friendly to me on TRF! Although we haven't done it lately, I will miss posting in "Gush about Rush" with you- you write really well about Rush and why their music inspires such loyalty. I hope you can check in again from time to time. :heart:
  • Like 4

Not prison, just a remote area that has run out of bandwidth due to the housing going up all over the place. Farms selling off property and developers taking advantage of it.

I have to wait until someone either moves out of the area or dies.

You might be waiting for years! It IS like prison!

• Like 3

Wait...an area out of bandwidth? That's a thing?

That's what I was thinking. Hard to believe that there are still places in the US where you can't at least have basic internet access. It seems like she's moving way out in the boonies from what she said, so I guess it's possible there isn't enough bandwidth.

• Like 2

This is a shame, I was hoping this wouldn’t be the case when you said you were moving.

I wish you well, and hope you will have the support that you need in your new environment.

• Like 2

This is poopy! Hopefully you can find a way to check in once in a while until you can get regular internet service. :)

Indeed. Shirley there has to be a library nearby?

There is!
  • Like 2

This is poopy! Hopefully you can find a way to check in once in a while until you can get regular internet service. :)

There is!

Goose says yes, there is. And don't call me Shirley.

• Like 4

So sorry to be losing you (albeit temporarily, we hope), Lorraine! I will think of your curiosity and good humor, your encouragement of other board members during your own trials, and your search for new recipes!

Here's hoping the developers are under some pressure to add hi-speed internet to their subdivisions' amenities.

• Like 3

There is!

Goose says yes, there is. And don't call me Shirley.

lol
  • Like 1

Good luck Lorraine!! You are not allowed to leave by the way. Didn't you read the fine print when you signed up for this place? Yes library or internet cafe. There is always a place to drop in and say hi.
  • Like 3

Good luck Lorraine!! You are not allowed to leave by the way. Didn't you read the fine print when you signed up for this place?

Relax, said the RUSH fan...you can check out any time you want, but, toucan never leave!
  • Like 6