GRAMMYs - 6th person in

GodandTime

Welp.... Neil made it in as the 6th person on the Grammys In Memorial

Glad the Grammys put Neil pretty damn high in THEIR list. If Neil was like 32nd, I would have been really really really pissed off

I'm pretty IMPRESSED Neil edged out Ric Ocasek among the PRETENTIOUS Grammy Gods

Lets not undervalue how slightly progressive and slightly game changing The Cars were in their weird lil MTV ways...making weird looking nerds cool to listen to. Like DEVO but with countless memorable melodic songs

Edited by GodandTime
  • Like 3

I'm glad Billie Eilish SWEPT the Grammys.... I have a 13yr old daughter and I have listened to her music quite a bit involuntarily in the car. Lol. I like Billies music.

She's veeeeeeeery progressive... and her lyrics actually speak to today's youth. Much like Rush did in their own way in 70s 80s 90s and on and on.

Go read the lyrics to one of her best songs "bury a friend".... Not your typical Hollywood bullshit.

Billie Eilish is a CHAMPION of every kid who wants to make and record music in their bedroom. I betcha Neil would have been impressed with Billies heart for music.... giving her stripped down nonHollywood approach to writing and recording music. She said much of her Album WAS RECORDED in her modest home, in her bedroom. .

Way to STICK IT up Hollywood's ass Billie!!!! Hope Billie doesnt change and doesn't get Hollywood-ized

Edited by GodandTime
  • Like 1

I am very happy with the Neil Peart clip. Interesting I never really thought about the importance of a celerity passing away and then getting ranked.

It was nice to see Rik get acknowledged after Neil but is an numerical ranking really needed for paying respects to the fallen?

Dr. John was way down the list but didn't they bring out a cool New Orleans jazz band on the stage for him???

I think ranking means nothing when it comes to obituaries.

"It is what it is......... and whatever."

• Like 1

I'm glad Billie Eilish SWEPT the Grammys.... I have a 13yr old daughter and I have listened to her music quite a bit involuntarily in the car. Lol. I like Billies music.

She's veeeeeeeery progressive... and her lyrics actually speak to today's youth. Much like Rush did in their own way in 70s 80s 90s and on and on.

Go read the lyrics to one of her best songs "bury a friend".... Not your typical Hollywood bullshit.

Billie Eilish is a CHAMPION of every kid who wants to make and record music in their bedroom. I betcha Neil would have been impressed with Billies heart for music.... giving her stripped down nonHollywood approach to writing and recording music. She said much of her Album WAS RECORDED in her modest home, in her bedroom. .

Way to STICK IT up Hollywood's ass Billie!!!! Hope Billie doesnt change and doesn't get Hollywood-ized

I'm glad you have the passion for Billie. She's all yours!! A joke but good for her. Hell I liked H.E.R.! At least she has a great voice, can play the piano and picked up an electric guitar and actually played a solo!!!!!!

• Like 1

I am very happy with the Neil Peart clip. Interesting I never really thought about the importance of a celerity passing away and then getting ranked.

It was nice to see Rik get acknowledged after Neil but is an numerical ranking really needed for paying respects to the fallen?

Dr. John was way down the list but didn't they bring out a cool New Orleans jazz band on the stage for him???

I was thinking the jazz band was for everyone mentioned; kind of how a jazz band sometimes plays at New Orleans funerals as the people travel from the chapel to the cemetery; they are playing the people home. :(

• Like 3

I was thinking the jazz band was for everyone mentioned; kind of how a jazz band sometimes plays at New Orleans funerals as the people travel from the chapel to the cemetery; they are playing the people home. :(

Hey Becky!

Great call! I love Dr. John and instantly thought about the New Orleans vibe in his music but it makes sense!

Reminds me of one of my favorite James Bond movies! "Live And Let Die!" Sadly ironic.

Love,

Roger Moore RIP

• Like 2

Right. Should just simply be done alphabetically.

• Like 4

I watched a little of the show because my wife wanted to. I find nothing more annoying than these gatherings of "stars" pouring adulation all over each other and reveling in their "importance". The red carpet was utterly vomit inducing.

That includes all of the awards shows for actors and other entertainers.

Edited by Syrinx
  • Like 1

I find nothing more annoying than these gatherings of "stars" pouring adulation all over each other and reveling in their "importance". The red carpet was utterly vomit inducing.

That includes all of the awards shows for actors and other entertainers.

Yes, and yes, and yes.

As Hugh Syme said in a recent interview where he quoted Dennis Miller.

"Never have lives less lived been more chronicled".

"Never has there been so much platform for opinion with "know-it-alls" who're fools and other's being insightful".

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 3

Pre-emptively, for the inevitable comments that I'm sure will come and that I've already seen elsewhere...

People complaining about "not enough of a tribute" or "they spend all this time on a basketball player but not the most influential drummer ever" need to stop acting like one death is more important than another death.

• Like 2

Hey Becky!

Great call! I love Dr. John and instantly thought about the New Orleans vibe in his music but it makes sense!

Reminds me of one of my favorite James Bond movies! "Live And Let Die!" Sadly ironic.

Love,

Roger Moore RIP

"Whose funeral, ah, is it?"

"Yours."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZPZWZDlkaY

• Like 1

Welp.... Neil made it in as the 6th person on the Grammys In Memorial

Glad the Grammys put Neil pretty damn high in THEIR list. If Neil was like 32nd, I would have been really really really pissed off

I'm pretty IMPRESSED Neil edged out Ric Ocasek among the PRETENTIOUS Grammy Gods

Lets not undervalue how slightly progressive and slightly game changing The Cars were in their weird lil MTV ways...making weird looking nerds cool to listen to. Like DEVO but with countless memorable melodic songs

Have you met ORF?

I had the same thought, it was a tip of the hat to Dr. John but I thought it was also for everyone who was mentioned. :sigh: Sending them off with some music..

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2