Ozzy's health

Laurabw

So there was an interview on GMA this morning with Ozzy and Sharon, he said he has a form of Parkinson's called Parkin 2...ugh.

That is really sad to hear.

On one hand, I think it’s incredible that he has lasted as long as he has, in relatively good health, considering his past.

But the watchmaker does catch up to us all. :(

• Like 4

Yeah, he's had that for years. Ever notice during live performances or interviews that his fingers or hands sometimes shake? I've always been more worried about the fact that he hasn't been able to do a full tour in 25 years without cancelling or rescheduling dates. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Ozzy solo and with Sabbath is up there with The Beatles,Van Halen, Rush and the Stones for me. I first saw him on the Diary tour about 2 weeks after Randy died, and I just saw him on No More Tours 2 a couple years ago. While his stamina isn't what it once was, as is the case with all of us as we age, he was still a PHENOMENAL showman. I assume there's no way this condition improves, but I wish him nothing but the best going forward.
  • Like 6

Here's the interview. I guess he never got the official Parkinson's diagnosis until a surgery he had last year messed up his nerves. But those finger shakes have been happening with him for a long time. It's definitely time to retire after reading this.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozzy-osbourne-opens-up-about-his-battle-with-parkinsons-disease/

• Like 3

I definitley suspect that Ozzy has had this disease for much much longer than just last year. Back in 2005, he was diagnosed with what was then called "Parkin's Syndrome" which is a Parkinson's-like neurological disease. Nowadays the diagnostic criteria for Parkinson's is most likely different than what it was in 2005 so I believe its entirely possible that he's been battling Parkinson's since '05.

Which makes it even more impressive is how well he and Sharon are handling this. That being said, I don't think he should tour anymore. He's already made it past 70, he should just take it easy, record music at his own pace, spend time with Sharon, spend time with the kids, spend time with his grandkids....

• Like 1

I wonder if he will still do his tour this year that he put off from last year when he fell. My son wants to go with me here in Cincinnati. I expected the article I read about this today stating that the tour was cancelled or postponed again indefinitely, but it didn't say anything to that effect...
  • Like 1

Him and Glenn Tipton. Tipton had to retire from touring in the end so the end for Ozzy touring can't be far off.

Fortunately for Ozzy, he doesn't play an instrument. So as long as he can still hold a microphone and sing, he may be able to perform longer than Glenn. But they need to be planning his exit from touring regardless or we might end up hearing that he died on stage.

Linda Ronstadt is also battling Parkinson's disease as well from an interview noted here.

Have to mention a childhood hero of mine who really brought out awareness celebrity speaking wise, Michael J Fox.

Yeah, it's been at least 20 years or so since he had to step away from full time acting because of it. You can see when he does take roles here and there that he is really trying to fight off the symptoms as best he can while on camera.

Ozzy might want to take after what Michael J Fox has done and only perform a few times a year. Ozzy should schedule a couple festivals during the summer and that's it. He can still perform but won't have to put his body through the rigors of a full tour anymore. Get another well known band to co-headling with him. Ozzy can play for an hour then let that band close the show.

• Like 2

Remember just a few weeks ago when Sharon and his daughter were losing their shit because of "rumors" about his health?

Lying bitches.

Well in that case, the false rumors were that he was dying of late-stage colon cancer, so it was still fake news.

• Like 2

This might sound like a little bit of a crack theory, but part of me wonders if Ozzy hearing about what happened to Pratt and how he hid his illness from the general public had something to do with him deciding to come clean about his diagnosis.
  • Like 1

This might sound like a little bit of a crack theory, but part of me wonders if Ozzy hearing about what happened to Pratt and how he hid his illness from the general public had something to do with him deciding to come clean about his diagnosis.

It's very possible but we've known for the last year that he hasn't been in the best shape. He had to cancel his whole tour after all. I think he would have come clean whether Neil died or not. Fans had been wondering about Ozzy's condition for a while now, so he was probably going to say something. Perhaps what happened to Neil made him decide to say something sooner though. Neil was retired so it was a bit easier for him to stay quiet. Ozzy wants to perform again and he wouldn't be able to hide the signs of Parkinson's for too long on tour.

It's very possible but we've known for the last year that he hasn't been in the best shape. He had to cancel his whole tour after all. I think he would have come clean whether Neil died or not. Fans had been wondering about Ozzy's condition for a while now, so he was probably going to say something. Perhaps what happened to Neil made him decide to say something sooner though. Neil was retired so it was a bit easier for him to stay quiet. Ozzy wants to perform again and he wouldn't be able to hide the signs of Parkinson's for too long on tour.

If it's true that this is the same affliction as he's had since 2005 when he said he had "Parkin Syndrome" then he's been battling Parkinsons for literally 15 years and he's still somewhat in decent shape. That being said, I really would prefer he not tour.

Edited by fraroc

His heavy drug and alcohol abuse also hasn't helped him any. I believe that's the reason he orginally developed those tremors in his hands back in 2005.

Booze will do that to you. Depending on how much he drank a day and for how long - he could have nerve and brain damage.