Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

blueschica

14 hours ago, grep said:

If they were interested in it, they'd run it themselves (management company or whatever). On that basis, I'll say no - they won't show. 

I suspect that they want to not 'publicise' on Neil's death. Want to leave it quietly where it is and just let everyone remember their brother each in their own way.

I think it depends on how much of a concert it will be.  If there’s a lot of music, I think the boys will play.

It's hard to tell based on what's been said thus far. But it's for charity and it's far from sold out right now which is a shame.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:53 AM, NoahLutz said:

I think it depends on how much of a concert it will be.  If there’s a lot of music, I think the boys will play.

No, I think they're going to leave his legacy entirely to the fans.

• Like 1

Watching the Taylor Hawkins Tribute made me sad nothing has been done for Neil.  While I know he would not be comfortable with it, I do wish he would get a lovely concert too.  Perhaps now that Geddy and Alex will have played together at least twice (and I think they are scheduled to play at the second Taylor event in LA) they will feel comfortable performing again.

It just makes my heart hurt that Neil never got a night to honor him.

• Like 4

On 9/4/2022 at 5:21 PM, grep said:

If they were interested in it, they'd run it themselves (management company or whatever). On that basis, I'll say no - they won't show. 

I suspect that they want to not 'publicise' on Neil's death. Want to leave it quietly where it is and just let everyone remember their brother each in their own way.

That's what they did at Taylor's Tribute. It was appropriately mentioned at that time. I would expect something similar in LA. Perfect way to do it I think.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:41 AM, Laurabw said:

so, IS ANYONE ON THE FORUM GOING TO THIS?????

I have a ticket but not sure if I will be going or not.  Probably won't decide until a few weeks before.  I travel a lot for work so it will probably depend on that.

• Like 1

I had a ticket but got it refunded after the last rescheduling, as I now live too far away to reasonably drive down for it.

The vagueness of the whole event is really unfortunate.  If it felt better put together, I might be willing to put in more effort to get there.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree. It's nowhere near sold out and they keep saying they have more guests and artists to introduce, they're not saying anything and it's now only a month away. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Yes, I agree. It's nowhere near sold out and they keep saying they have more guests and artists to introduce, they're not saying anything and it's now only a month away. 

:sigh:

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:41 AM, Laurabw said:

So, is anyone on this "Rush Forum" going, and attending to this?

I've wanted to answer this question, too.  Laura, no, I wasn't planning on it, and for it, I didn't buy tickets.  For me, whatever amount of advertising, the Coronavirus pandemic, and anything else, it had nothing to do, with those things.  The none convenience of traveling to attend was.  What was with the "Caps Lock"?   

Edited by Derek19

8 hours ago, Derek19 said:

I've wanted to answer this question, too.  Laura, no, I wasn't planning on it, and for it, I didn't buy tickets.  For me, whatever amount of advertising, the Coronavirus pandemic, and anything else, it had nothing to do, with those things.  The convenience of traveling to attend was.  What was with the "Caps Lock"?   

Because we’ve all been talking about this now for what seems like forever and no one has actually said that they are going or not many anyway.

• Like 2

I got tickets when it went on sale the first time, but I’m not going, it’s not easy for me to get there. Tix were cheap and I figure it’s a donation.

but I’ll be interested to hear all about it!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

I got tickets when it went on sale the first time, but I’m not going, it’s not easy for me to get there. Tix were cheap and I figure it’s a donation.

Sorry to hear you are not going, but I get it. I like the donation idea!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Laurabw said:

I am in the same boat.  Got tickets immediately when they went on sale.  Was planning on going.  Was going to drive (about 10 hours for me) due to the cost of flying .  But I am traveling for work this week and again next week so, like you, am going to treat it as a donation.

I will be glad to transfer my ticket (free) if anyone wants it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Will someone take pictures? Wish I could go but my life won't allow for that sort of vacation right now.

I am not going but I'm in a FB group where some people are. I'll try to repost some photos after the event!

• Like 1