Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

blueschica

I might be threadjacking a bit here, but I have the Peart Family Foundation auctions on my social media & it's so sweet to see them fundraising still. What a wonderful group of people.

Is there a web site?

The page on FB says they're having meetings and have another one today, with someone or other, and then might have an update.
  • Like 3

Until Canada decides to drop the rules put in place to combat Covid, no events will happen. Hell, most hockey venues are empty or VERY limited capacity in the great white north. Not saying anything pro or con about that. It's just fact.

Until Canada decides to drop the rules put in place to combat Covid, no events will happen. Hell, most hockey venues are empty or VERY limited capacity in the great white north. Not saying anything pro or con about that. It's just fact.

All levels of government up here are under a lot of pressure to start getting back to whatever normal is

Postponed. The word about things lifting in Canada came too late for them to solidify their plans, apparently.

Really I hadn't heard yet. Oh well. Just got notice that George Thorogood cancelled his Canadian tour until 2023. I fear some of these artists will either retire or pass away before we ever get a chance to see them again up here.

Postponed. The word about things lifting in Canada came too late for them to solidify their plans, apparently.

Really I hadn't heard yet. Oh well. Just got notice that George Thorogood cancelled his Canadian tour until 2023. I fear some of these artists will either retire or pass away before we ever get a chance to see them again up here.

Oh, bummer about George Thorogood! I wonder why, I mean, things are opening up. But as for AN4N, it was on Facebook. I mean, I get that there's a lot of different artists involved in it, but it just seems like they've bitten off more than they can chew.

• Like 2

Oh, bummer about George Thorogood! I wonder why, I mean, things are opening up. But as for AN4N, it was on Facebook. I mean, I get that there's a lot of different artists involved in it, but it just seems like they've bitten off more than they can chew.

I think you may be right Laura. Almost like they should plan this for the 5th or 10th anniversary or something at this point.

• Like 1

So, I I didn't think that our boys would ever do a Rush song together again. But after hearing they did CTTH last night at Red Rocks, which I guess is in preparation for the Taylor shows, who knows. I kind of figured they would do something besides Rush there. But now I wonder if they are going to show up at the NEP Memorial and play something?

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 9:15 AM, Laurabw said:

So, I I didn't think that our boys would ever do a Rush song together again. But after hearing they did CTTH last night at Red Rocks, which I guess is in preparation for the Taylor shows, who knows. I kind of figured they would do something besides Rush there. But now I wonder if they are going to show up at the NEP Memorial and play something?

I'm hoping they will for those of you attending! That would be an awesome tribute to Neil after so many event delays.

• Like 1

I kinda feel like they just need to show up. I guess not to play after all, that would probably be really rough for them, but to at least SAY something about him. Don't they??

• Like 3

On 8/15/2022 at 10:42 AM, Laurabw said:

I kinda feel like they just need to show up. I guess not to play after all, that would probably be really rough for them, but to at least SAY something about him. Don't they??

Have either Geddy or Alex publicly mentioned any affiliation, endorsement or intentions associated with this memorial event?  At any point in the past 2+ years?

So, now that we've all seen them at the concert yesterday does anyone think this means they will show up in any capacity at Neil's concert??

• Like 3

If they were interested in it, they'd run it themselves (management company or whatever). On that basis, I'll say no - they won't show. 

I suspect that they want to not 'publicise' on Neil's death. Want to leave it quietly where it is and just let everyone remember their brother each in their own way.

• Like 1