Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

blueschica

I got a call from one of the organizers and he said it will be postponed to April. I interviewed a few of the artists who will be on the show before this whole thing started, and we are saving them to be published when the event is actually confirmed.
  • Like 4

Thanks for the update Rod. I get that it's a difficult time for organizers and such, but it would be nice if they actually addressed this somewhere on social media, like Twitter or whatever! Even if they don't have an actual date yet, if it's definitely postponed, then they should at least say that much.
  • Like 1

I got a call from one of the organizers and he said it will be postponed to April. I interviewed a few of the artists who will be on the show before this whole thing started, and we are saving them to be published when the event is actually confirmed.

Thanks. I've been checking the website about once a week to see if there is any updates. Was assuming it would be postponed or cancelled but wasn't sure.

Certainly would have been a bummer if it went on as schedule but couldn't attend due to not being able to get across the border

5f3543007098c.png

Hello GREGORY,

We recognize that these are very challenging times for all of us and we want to assure fans that our top priority is the health and well-being of artists, musicians, crew and of course our guests. In an effort to keep everyone's safety top of mind, the promoters of A NIGHT FOR NEIL have made a scheduling change for the event. The new date scheduled at the Meridian Centre is April 17th, 2021. We encourage all guests to hold on to their tickets as they will be valid for the new date. For any guests who require a refund please click here Help Center for further details.

Thank you, we appreciate your understanding. Stay safe!

5e4471ece2177.png

• Like 1

Twice looked, the page is "Not Found".

I feel like maybe they should just cancel now. Or do an online event to fundraise.

I agree...the organizers are from the States, and they're not allowed to enter Canada for now. Why reschedule for so soon and risk another cancellation?

• Like 3

Yes things are looking a little futile right now. All of the word up here right now is tightening travel restrictions - not loosening. Unfortunately, the longer away from Neil's passing, the less magic that this event will have. It would have been a phenomenal and emotional gathering at it's first proposed date.
  • Like 5

Welp, it still seems to be scheduled for April next year. I got an email today about vaccination requirements.
  • Like 3

I feel like maybe they should just cancel now. Or do an online event to fundraise.

I have my hard tickets to this event. I will keep them as a souvenir. Sadly I will not be attending. The new Omni Variant was found in SF today. I read that it was already in Canada.

Not worried about it, just not going to travel long distances still.

Trying to go to Maui in Feb!

• Like 3

Maui? St Catharines? Hmmmm.....Maui!

Hahaha! Yes my friend!

Mahalo!!

Hawaii is my favourite place in the world! At least from the places I have actually visited.

That's awesome buddy! What is your favorite island?

I've only been to Oahu, The Big Island and Maui. Maui is my go to!!

• Like 1

Hahaha! Yes my friend!

Mahalo!!

Hawaii is my favourite place in the world! At least from the places I have actually visited.

I have been to those three. Really want to visit Kawaii. I have been told that is the nicest island. I liked all three for different reasons. Oahu has the surfing and big waves, and Pearl Harbour and Honolulu. Maui is just beautiful. I actually really felt at home on the big island. I could see myself retiring in one of those towns and walking in to the local open air bar every day to take my regular seat.

• Like 1

Hahaha! Yes my friend!

Mahalo!!

I have been to those three. Really want to visit Kawaii. I have been told that is the nicest island. I liked all three for different reasons. Oahu has the surfing and big waves, and Pearl Harbour and Honolulu. Maui is just beautiful. I actually really felt at home on the big island. I could see myself retiring in one of those towns and walking in to the local open air bar every day to take my regular seat.

No doubt buddy! Can't wait to have a vodka tonic at Cheeseburger In Paradise in downtown Lahaina!