Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

blueschica

I got my tickets for it, and everyone from TRF that will be attending should catch up! I contacted the organizer and offered some media coverage. Let's see what kind of access I'll be able to have at the event!

Yes a Rush Forum get together is essential. I wonder if they will do a ceremony at Lakeside Park that day also? Didn't the City council agree to do something?

• Like 1

What are the chances Geddy and Alex show up?

I'd be very, very surprised. I wouldn't be surprised to see perhaps a video message from them? However,if they show up in person it immediately becomes all about them and not about celebrating Neil any more, it's just the nature of what happens. I think Geddy and Alex would not want that to happen and so probably won't be there. Also we need to recognize their need to grieve/celebrate Neil on their own schedule. Just my opinion though, sorry it's in some ways a downer.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

I think they probably set this up with the guest list not finalized. I could see a lot of Canadian talent joining in and then who knows?

Zoe graduates at 3 pm on Friday May 15th. Her last name is R so she will walk through probably around 4:30 pm.

I just checked Air Canada, I can't find a red eye. She is walking in Monterey Ca, I always fly out of San Jose International to Toronto.

Perhaps I can pull a miracle out of my ass.

Not sure. Can you help me?

Damn it. I really want to attend and I have some great friends to see in Toronto too. UGH!!

My oldest daughter is graduating with honors that weekend.

I've probably been redundant but I have to be a dad first.

Duh

Unless I can get a red eye out of California I am out.

I feel you. Had to miss a music festival last year when my oldest daughter graduated from college. No excuse for me not to attend. With all of my work travel, I'm going to use points for free hotel, free flight, free car rental.

Thank you my friend. It's life, but I still want to see if I can pull this off.......... Life is short. We all know this.

I got my tickets for it, and everyone from TRF that will be attending should catch up! I contacted the organizer and offered some media coverage. Let's see what kind of access I'll be able to have at the event!

Yes a Rush Forum get together is essential. I wonder if they will do a ceremony at Lakeside Park that day also? Didn't the City council agree to do something?

Ok!!! FUKK IT! CAPS ON! I am not drunk and it's so late. But I can't sleep. Watching a rare Rush documentary on dvd.

Syrinx! I manned up! I am a big boy!! LOL!

I found a United flight. 10:45 PM San Jose to Chicago. Chicago to YYZ baby. I land at 11:38 am! I bought and ok ticket to the show too. I'm in Row R for RUSH!

Rod has been informed. I'm coming to Toronto baby! Let's party!!!

I just need to book a room. I'm an Intercontinental Member and I love that hotel in Toronto. Should I book there or book closer to the venue.

I have many friends to see!! TORONTO RULES!!!!

I can't miss this Night For Neil!!

Yes Rush Forum Fam! I am fuckking crazy.

I will see my amazing daughter graduate with honors in Monterey California, then I will get my ass to San Jose Ca and board a red eye to YYZ!!!

See many of you I hope!! BEERS ARE ON ME!!! It's not about "THE BIG MONEY!" It's about friends and having FUN! RUSH ON!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can sit in on the drums on May 16th and play YYZ! I WILL NAIL IT!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

I got my hotel at the St. Catharine's Hampton Inn.

Thanks bud! I will check it out. I might stay in Toronto. Rod is there and a few of my other awesome friends who I met on the GUP IV Wine Tour.

Also the Jays are playing against the Astros on Monday. It's a day game! I will be there for sure. Rooting for the Jays! F THE ASTROS!

Then I fly home Tuesday.

Wonder what this is about....

https://sickdrummerm...morial-concert/

Oh boy, in my opinion this is not good news at all. I wonder if this will cause the Domino Effect and other sponsors will pull out.

If what this drum company says it true I will cancel my trip in respect to Neil and his family and not attend some memorial concert that is not up to the Neil Peart standard of class and respect.

At this point I will wait and see. It's only March 1st.

• Like 2

Sadly it probably means not many big name stars at the event, hope I am wrong though.

I honestly don't care about "star power" I just hope to fly across the country to be there for Neil. But if this memorial concert has too many red flags then forget it.

• Like 2

ZYjgPSYl.png

OK, this event has been rescheduled to October 17, 2020. More information below. I know at least a few members here had planned on going; information on refunds is available here; although reportedly the site has been swamped due to the many tours postponing and cancelling. https://blog.ticketm...87xEeFEQytKSmFk

"The team at A Night for Neil has been diligently working with the venue, speakers and performers to secure a new date for our event. We watched and waited while the unprecedented events happening around the world unfolded before us. As COVID-19 and its effects swept across the globe, we knew ultimately we would need to make the decision to postpone our event. The fans have proven their love for Neil is great as they continued to buy tickets even during these times of uncertainty. We are thrilled to announce a new date of October 17th has been secured. Please hold on to tickets that have already been purchased as they will be valid for the new date. If you require a refund, we ask you to visit this link https://bit.ly/2xr5o9Q to find out how to ensure that happens. These times are challenging, but we know the fans need live entertainment and we look forward to celebrating Neil with all of you!"

• Like 3

ZYjgPSYl.png

OK, this event has been rescheduled to October 17, 2020. More information below. I know at least a few members here had planned on going; information on refunds is available here; although reportedly the site has been swamped due to the many tours postponing and cancelling. https://blog.ticketm...87xEeFEQytKSmFk

"The team at A Night for Neil has been diligently working with the venue, speakers and performers to secure a new date for our event. We watched and waited while the unprecedented events happening around the world unfolded before us. As COVID-19 and its effects swept across the globe, we knew ultimately we would need to make the decision to postpone our event. The fans have proven their love for Neil is great as they continued to buy tickets even during these times of uncertainty. We are thrilled to announce a new date of October 17th has been secured. Please hold on to tickets that have already been purchased as they will be valid for the new date. If you require a refund, we ask you to visit this link https://bit.ly/2xr5o9Q to find out how to ensure that happens. These times are challenging, but we know the fans need live entertainment and we look forward to celebrating Neil with all of you!"

Was about to post this but see you already have. Thanks

• Like 1

No one knows for certain what is going to happen next month let alone a few months from now. All re-scheduled concerts are fingers crossed right now.

Well said. :sigh: