Neil Memorial event being planned in Toronto

blueschica

The group Overtime Angels has posted that they are planning a memorial event for Neil, in Toronto, to be held in May, 2020. Exact date has not been posted yet. Here is the information and link if anyone wants to sign up for information, and the link below that is a link to their general website. They are the folks that hold the Rush Camp at the end of August each year and use the proceeds for charity.

Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event

JUdIKa3l.jpg

"With the support and blessing of the Peart Family, in this time of mourning, we invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of “The Professor” and participate in The Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event and Benefit Concert to be held in Ontario, Canada, on a weekend in May 2020 (exact date and location TBD very soon).

This fan celebration will be held to create a moment in time and space for anyone within the Rush family to pay their respects, express their gratitude, grief, love, praise, prayers, sorrow, and honor the life of our beloved musical hero, in a place of commonality and community.

As we are expecting an EXTREMELY high turn-out (1,000+) please register below so we can let you know further details as soon as they are finalized…"

https://ae1f1531.sib...k2ByHICmTlrESWl

https://overtimeangels.org

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 10

I'm guessing they'll have Jacob Moon, David Barrett, Brandon Dyke, the usuals who do the Rush camp every year.
  • Like 2

How have I never heard of Rush Camp?

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.

• Like 6

Neil should have his own postage stamp. I don't collect stamps, but I would buy a Neil Peart stamp.

I think Rush Camp has just been around for the last 3 years or so. It's held at some place in the Pennsylvania Poconos where they have cabins, etc.

A Neil stamp would be awesome!

• Like 3

I think Rush Camp has just been around for the last 3 years or so. It's held at some place in the Pennsylvania Poconos where they have cabins, etc.

Brandon Dyke is involved with Rush camp. I would have gone if I could walk. If nothing else just to see Brandon. He’s a very nice guy.

A stamp would be cool. I wonder if being from Canada would influence a decision to do something like that.

• Like 2

There is a Canadian Rush stamp, at least.

https://postagestampguide.com/stamps/18501/rush-2013-canada-postage-stamp-canadian-recording-artists

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

I agree ladies.

• Like 1

The group Overtime Angels has posted that they are planning a memorial event for Neil, in Toronto, to be held in May, 2020. Exact date has not been posted yet. Here is the information and link if anyone wants to sign up for information, and the link below that is a link to their general website. They are the folks that hold the Rush Camp at the end of August each year and use the proceeds for charity.

Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event

JUdIKa3l.jpg

"With the support and blessing of the Peart Family, in this time of mourning, we invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of “The Professor” and participate in The Neil Peart Fan Memorial Event and Benefit Concert to be held in Ontario, Canada, on a weekend in May 2020 (exact date and location TBD very soon).

This fan celebration will be held to create a moment in time and space for anyone within the Rush family to pay their respects, express their gratitude, grief, love, praise, prayers, sorrow, and honor the life of our beloved musical hero, in a place of commonality and community.

As we are expecting an EXTREMELY high turn-out (1,000+) please register below so we can let you know further details as soon as they are finalized…"

https://ae1f1531.sib...k2ByHICmTlrESWl

https://overtimeangels.org

They should have it on the weekend of May 23 and MAY 24 2020!!!!!!!!!!

I will be there!!!

• Like 2

Me too, for sure. Heck we Rush fans would want him on a new monetary too!

OK, a date has been set for the Celebration of Neil's Life in St. Catherine's. Information is below- no details on who is appearing as of yet, or ticket price. It's a three day weekend for Canadians, (Victoria Day) Lucky them!

"Since the passing of Rush drummer Neil Peart, fans all over the world have been asking for a way to honour him. Overtime Angels, in cooperation with the Peart family, invite you to join us at “A Night for Neil – The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration”, to be held on Saturday, May 16th at the Meridian Centre, St. Catharines, Ontario Canada. Several charities will benefit from the proceeds. Tickets will go on sale soon, and more details will follow. Please visit an4n.org for more information. #an4n#anightforneil #neilpeart #rushband #rushfans"

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

As much as I'd like to attend one of these events, it's not my bag per se.

I've been at events, where it feels like there's a 'one-upmanship' mentality and being sized up.

It reminds me of being in high-school in a way and avoiding reunions.

I would like to go. However, I see what you mean.

My fear is being subjected to Rush covers delivered by old dudes with spectacles and ponytails.

YYNot - make it happen please.

• Like 2

Did everyone get this email. I have tickets - day before my birthday!

Overtime Angels presents ‘A Night For Neil’ - The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration

A night of internationally-known music all-stars paying tribute to the legendary drummer and lyricist, Neil Peart of Rush, debuts at the Meridian Centre on Saturday, May 16th!

N4NA is presale code for Overtime Angels Regualr Presale. This presale starts Wednesday, February 26th at 10am ET and ends Thursday, February 27th at 10pm. Public onsale Friday, February 27th at 10am.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/a-night-for-neil-the-neil-peart-memorial-celebration-2020/event/1000584EFF70B083

We hope to see all of you in St. Catharines!

Overtime Angels, Inc

• Like 2

Did everyone get this email. I have tickets - day before my birthday!

Overtime Angels presents ‘A Night For Neil’ - The Neil Peart Memorial Celebration

A night of internationally-known music all-stars paying tribute to the legendary drummer and lyricist, Neil Peart of Rush, debuts at the Meridian Centre on Saturday, May 16th!

N4NA is presale code for Overtime Angels Regualr Presale. This presale starts Wednesday, February 26th at 10am ET and ends Thursday, February 27th at 10pm. Public onsale Friday, February 27th at 10am.

https://www1.ticketm...000584EFF70B083

We hope to see all of you in St. Catharines!

Overtime Angels, Inc

I'm in.

• Like 1

Glad for you guys, but I still want to know who's performing!!

You would think it wouldn’t be difficult to find that out, right?

Yes Josh, exactly!

Damn it. I really want to attend and I have some great friends to see in Toronto too. UGH!!

My oldest daughter is graduating with honors that weekend.

I've probably been redundant but I have to be a dad first.

Duh

Unless I can get a red eye out of California I am out.

• Like 2

Damn it. I really want to attend and I have some great friends to see in Toronto too. UGH!!

Duh

I feel you. Had to miss a music festival last year when my oldest daughter graduated from college. No excuse for me not to attend. With all of my work travel, I'm going to use points for free hotel, free flight, free car rental.

Edited by apetersvt
  • Like 3

Duh

Same here, we have a "must attend" graduation that weekend, the scheduling is disappointing. I'm counting on Rod to represent and give us the full scoop!

Congrats to your daughter, graduating with honors is a wonderful achievement!

• Like 4

I got my tickets for it, and everyone from TRF that will be attending should catch up! I contacted the organizer and offered some media coverage. Let's see what kind of access I'll be able to have at the event!
  • Like 5

Duh

Same here, we have a "must attend" graduation that weekend, the scheduling is disappointing. I'm counting on Rod to represent and give us the full scoop!

Thanks Becky!! Love you! Zoe is graduating with honors! Very proud!!! Cheers!! I HATE ADULTING! LOL!!

• Like 1

Duh

Thanks Becky!! Love you! Zoe is graduating with honors! Very proud!!! Cheers!! I HATE ADULTING! LOL!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 1