Neil should've been wealthier

londonguy

He earned his money and had the right to spend it, or blow it, as he wanted to. I don't think his finances are any of our business. He worked hard for his millions.

Their finances aren't any of our business. The problem is that a celebrity's net worth can be looked up easily. Some even are listed on the main profile of their wikipedia page. There are times when we can't avoid seeing it even if we don't want to know.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

He earned his money and had the right to spend it, or blow it, as he wanted to. I don't think his finances are any of our business. He worked hard for his millions.

Their finances aren't any of our business. The problem is that a celebrity's net worth can be looked up easily. Some even are listed on the main profile of their wikipedia page. There are times when we can't avoid seeing it even if we don't want to know.

I thought the point was what he did with it?

Who cares if he blew the whole lot of it?

He earned it and worked hard for it, mostly at a job he really grew to dislike over the years.

• Like 1

Reading so many things that Neil wrote regarding money, wealth and his place with it all, directly or indirectly. He considered himself as rich as he ever could have imagined and then some. He was very grounded and "efficient" with regards to money and spending. He was very gracious and generous. He almost felt guilty to have so much at times, I felt. But he just figured, what the hell.

I came to highly respect his attitude toward money and his wealth through all his writings. He died a very rich man in so many more ways than mere money could provide to one's life.

• Like 6

Reading so many things that Neil wrote regarding money, wealth and his place with it all, directly or indirectly. He considered himself as rich as he ever could have imagined and then some. He was very grounded and "efficient" with regards to money and spending. He was very gracious and generous. He almost felt guilty to have so much at times, I felt. But he just figured, what the hell.

I came to highly respect his attitude toward money and his wealth through all his writings. He died a very rich man in so many more ways than mere money could provide to one's life.

:goodone:

I imagine Neil would have given every cent of his money, which I don't believe is anything like $42 million, to have had a few more happy, healthy years with his family!

I doubt it. Neil was too pragmatic for that sentimentality.

I imagine Neil would have given every cent of his money, which I don't believe is anything like $42 million, to have had a few more happy, healthy years with his family!

Do you think it was more or less than $42 million?

I think much less!

Considering how many albums they've sold (more than 40,000,000), the books he's sold, royalties from merchandise and payment from all the concerts over the 40+ years, $42 million isn't at all out of the question.

Here's a list of the highest paid musical performers in 2019. If they made that much in 1 year, NEP was probably worth more than $42 million.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Just looking at the net worth of some of the famous musicians out there. It says Neil was worth 42 million. A good chunk of change, but someone of his talent should've been worth 10 times that. So many no talent musicans, like Gene Simmons, Mick Jagger, are worth hundreds of millions. I'm sure Neil could've joined other bands years ago and made much more money, but then he wouldn't have had as much fun as being in Rush and playing the kind of music he wanted. The whole band should've made more money with that level of musicianship.

Even if 42 million net worth is accurate, I think that is a damn good number.

It doesn't matter about the money. Neil Ellwood Peart is priceless. Mankind invented money. The Universe created Neil. We are lucky.

• Like 4

Just looking at the net worth of some of the famous musicians out there. It says Neil was worth 42 million. A good chunk of change, but someone of his talent should've been worth 10 times that. So many no talent musicans, like Gene Simmons, Mick Jagger, are worth hundreds of millions. I'm sure Neil could've joined other bands years ago and made much more money, but then he wouldn't have had as much fun as being in Rush and playing the kind of music he wanted. The whole band should've made more money with that level of musicianship.

Even if 42 million net worth is accurate, I think that is a damn good number.

It doesn't matter about the money. Neil Ellwood Peart is priceless. Mankind invented money. The Universe created Neil. We are lucky.

Indeed...I wouldn’t sneeze at 42 million, even if I was Neil. That’s more money than anyone can possibly have a use for in one lifetime, in my view.

And if it’s not, then that’s a person who has some issues, that’s all I’m gonna say. Lol...

You know, Neil didn’t seem like someone who cared all that much about how many millions he had. I don’t think he was in it for the money. Edited by Disk98
  • Like 3

Mick Jagger a "no talent"? Puhlease.......... :wtf:

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

A quick Google search says that both Geddy and Alex are worth 40 million each. I guess whoever decides these things gave Neil and extra 2 million because he was an author and sold some books.

Thats not enough. Trust me, they feel poor if 40 is the #. They need to perpetually keep releasing marginally different recordings of the originals with cool names and more nostagia fluff attached

Edited by GeminiRising79