A statement from Al and Geddy

grep

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/geddy_lee__alex_lifeson_speak_up_after_announcement_of_neil_pearts_passing_address_outpour_of_tributes.html

"These touching tributes help to lessen the pain of this terrible loss and remind us all to celebrate his remarkable life and our connections to it."

• Like 15

Nice to see them reaching out.

I feel like a complete jerk for sometimes wishing they would say more.

Then I remember that this is like a family and we kinda see them as the leaders, and it's natural to have those feelings.

Nice to see you grep

• Like 2

Nice to see them reaching out.

I feel like a complete jerk for sometimes wishing they would say more.

Then I remember that this is like a family and we kinda see them as the leaders, and it's natural to have those feelings.

Nice to see you grep

I am not surprised at all.

Geddy and Alex and everyone in the Rush Family is First Class.

This is a global loss. You read it. From family to the fans.

We are all in this together.

My Brazilian girlfriend just dumped me because I needed some serious alone time to deal with the loss of Neil this week. She thinks I'm a small child and ridiculous for loving a guy I have never met. But I did meet Neil. It was EPIC yet not what I wanted to happen by his tour bus in Concord Ca. "Vapor Trails" Tour.

Being on here over the last week has a really helped me too. I can't change what people think about me in regards to my passion and RUSH. My ex wife eventually had a problem with my love for the band too. I might have married the music and been a drummer first in my life. Perhaps I am a curse Johnny Blaze. Yet I am blessed too. I have my girls. They both saw RUSH. Zoe twice. Skylar once. It was my dream.

Meeting Geddy and Alex was so wonderful too. Family. All of my wonderful friends on that train too. We all make choices in our lives. Rush was first. I was and still am that nerd playing Tempest in some video game arcade.

I was that guy who raced home on his bike to play "Grace Under Pressure" on cassette and fell in love after one listen.

I was that guy in high school who emulated Neil and wrote lyrics about science and life. A copy cat per say but Neil was always my guy.

I had the Grace Under Pressure Poster of the three gentlemen pinned above my bed. Meanwhile on the right side of my bed there was Kathy Ireland and Heather Thomas.

Tears of sorrow transform into tears of joy and love thanks to this Forum and my amazing friends and family.

It's true what Geddy and Alex have said.

I am just one human.

Just one fan.

But many of you on here along with my family and friends have also kept me strong.

The love for Neil on this planet is infectious and as ONE.

I mean really?

The NFL and the Networks played Rush music snippets all weekend long.

Are you kidding me????

It's worldwide.

Millions of broken hearts on this Earth.

Yet the pain will be patched by love and support.

Sorry.

I get it.

Neil may be a stranger to many, but to all of us he is the beacon of light that will shine strongly into the darkness of all of our sleepless nights.

I'm finally sleeping like a lucid dreamer again.

Neil Rules!!!

Earl

• Like 9

My Brazilian girlfriend just dumped me because I needed some serious alone time to deal with the loss of Neil this week. She thinks I'm a small child and ridiculous for loving a guy I have never met. But I did meet Neil. It was EPIC yet not what I wanted to happen by his tour bus in Concord Ca. "Vapor Trails" Tour.

Being on here over the last week has a really helped me too. I can't change what people think about me in regards to my passion and RUSH. My ex wife eventually had a problem with my love for the band too. I might have married the music and been a drummer first in my life. Perhaps I am a curse Johnny Blaze. Yet I am blessed too. I have my girls. They both saw RUSH. Zoe twice. Skylar once. It was my dream.

Meeting Geddy and Alex was so wonderful too. Family. All of my wonderful friends on that train too. We all make choices in our lives. Rush was first. I was and still am that nerd playing Tempest in some video game arcade.

I was that guy who raced home on his bike to play "Grace Under Pressure" on cassette and fell in love after one listen.

I was that guy in high school who emulated Neil and wrote lyrics about science and life. A copy cat per say but Neil was always my guy.

I had the Grace Under Pressure Poster of the three gentlemen pinned above my bed. Meanwhile on the right side of my bed there was Kathy Ireland and Heather Thomas.

Tears of sorrow transform into tears of joy and love thanks to this Forum and my amazing friends and family.

I am just one human.

Just one fan.

But many of you on here along with my family and friends have also kept me strong.

I mean really?

Are you kidding me????

It's worldwide.

Sorry.

I get it.

Neil may be a stranger to many, but to all of us he is the beacon of light that will shine strongly into the darkness of all of our sleepless nights.

Neil Rules!!!

Earl

Your gf dumped you because of that?!! Good riddance then!!!! There are a billion things worth being dumped for and that isn’t one of them.

• Like 10

"....celebrate his remarkable life and our connections to it."

Absolutely! Celebrate the man and his life. Focus on the ups and not the downs.

• Like 7

I am just one human.

Just one fan.

I mean really?

Are you kidding me????

It's worldwide.

Sorry.

I get it.

Neil Rules!!!

Earl

Your gf dumped you because of that?!! Good riddance then!!!! There are a billion things worth being dumped for and that isn’t one of them.

In times of crisis and emotion you can tell who your true friends are...and aren't.
  • Like 5

The next few public appearances will be really tough for both of them...having to face the obvious topic and questions.

Perhaps they should do a combined appearance and air anything out that they need to.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 5

"....celebrate his remarkable life and our connections to it."

Absolutely! Celebrate the man and his life. Focus on the ups and not the downs.

Yes! A hundred million times yes.

• Like 4

I am just one human.

Just one fan.

I mean really?

Are you kidding me????

It's worldwide.

Sorry.

I get it.

Neil Rules!!!

Earl

In times of crisis and emotion you can tell who your true friends are...and aren't.

Yes to that, too.

• Like 1

It's nice to hear those words from them. Each of them is amazing, and together they were beyond amazing. Artists for the ages who have touched our hearts and minds in a way that only the best art can do.
  • Like 4

As usual, brief, heartfelt, classy. Canadian. No wonder we love them.

And we haven't even mentioned the bacon yet .... ;)

• Like 3

The next few public appearances will be really tough for both of them...having to face the obvious topic and questions.

Perhaps they should do a combined appearance and air anything out that they need to.

They could decide that they will not be answering any questions about Neil during interviews. Maybe a brief statement and nothing more. Kind of like what they've been doing for the last couple years.

• Like 2

I am just one human.

Just one fan.

I mean really?

Are you kidding me????

It's worldwide.

Sorry.

I get it.

Neil Rules!!!

Earl

I meant to ask about your Brazilian gal a few days ago. Now there is no need to.

Hope the door didn't hit her on the way out. :cool:

• Like 2

We probably will hear more from Geddy and Alex, but I expect it’s going to be at least several months or more before they open up. I don’t have to remind anyone here that Neil was their close friend; as much as we’re hurting, they are undoubtedly reeling. It will take some time before they’re ready to really talk.

And too, they are also mindful that Neil has a wife and daughter, not to mention both parents, plus a brother and a sister who have suffered a devastating loss in the worst possible way. I am certain Alex and Geddy want to hold off for awhile out of respect for the immediate family.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 5

As usual, brief, heartfelt, classy. Canadian. No wonder we love them.

And we haven't even mentioned the bacon yet .... ;)

or the soup.

Did someone say, “Chicken”?

• Like 1

My Brazilian girlfriend just dumped me because I needed some serious alone time to deal with the loss of Neil this week. She thinks I'm a small child and ridiculous for loving a guy I have never met.

Dude.....that sucks!

You know, if you were fortunate enough to encounter this band at the right age for me, it was age 13 in 1981, then you likely discovered a band whose message resonated when not a lot else did. For me, it was the awkward middle school years. But the great thing, is that as I grew up, so did the Rush message! I think most o my friends get that.

In the past week, I've heard from family, bandmates, high school friends, college friends, ex-girlfriends, all of whom said, "you were the first person I thought of." While I'm sad, I'm not despondent or anything. I've taken this week to immerse myself in the music and re-connect. My friends and family get that. If you're with someone who doesn't, then you're with thee wrong person.

• Like 1

I hope she sees this clip of 'YYZ' below and changes her mind about you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSlvoO3Vw8

Edited by RushFanForever