So I want a muscle car....

Mara

I have a 2010 Dodge Charger (AWD, and yes, Hemi and R/T version) that I loved driving...and now my 16 year old son is going to get it...hahaha. He just has his temporary permit now, but he’ll be having some fun when he gets his license.

I’ve been driving a different car now for about a year and a half.

My personal preference would be the Hellcat. Especially if it’s a year or two used, you could definitely get one within the budget that you have.

I’m ready to get simpler and downsize.

• Like 1

Challenger Hellcat, Mustang, or Camaro? (Actually what I really want is the new Acura NSX, but it's way out of my price range).

I've always had sensible cars. Before I am too old to enjoy it I want a muscle car. My heart lies with the Hellcat, but I could possibly be swayed in the direction of the Mustang. The only thing that really appeals to me about the Camaro is that it would be fun to drive while playing The Dead Milkmen.

Of course there's the question of whether someone whose motto is "step on it, numbnuts, the caution light doesn't hold forever!" needs a car with that much power, but there's only one way to find out!

What say you, car aficionados?

I'm a Mopar Man so yeah a little biased but I have experience driving all three cars...sorry the 6.4 liter Challenger not the Hellcat. Fun factor? All of them are great. Living with one, road trips with one? The Challenger all day and everyday. Roomy comfortable cabin, trunk room for a few people. The Mustang GT would be my second choice. The Camaro SS is great if you like being trapped in a dark cave.

I say that JohnRogers is gonna have a lot to say on this subject!

I like the Mustang, but I think the Dodge Challenger is a pretty compelling package. It looks great, several different V8's are offered (some cool colors too), and it seems to be the most "livable" current muscle car (spacious inside, no blind spots, large trunk, etc).

The purple is pretty bold

2019-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Scat-Pack-Widebody.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

Yes, yes, what he said!

I have a 2010 Dodge Charger (AWD, and yes, Hemi and R/T version) that I loved driving...and now my 16 year old son is going to get it...hahaha. He just has his temporary permit now, but he’ll be having some fun when he gets his license.

My personal preference would be the Hellcat. Especially if it’s a year or two used, you could definitely get one within the budget that you have.

You're going to let a new teenage driver get behind the wheel of that car? :o

I say that JohnRogers is gonna have a lot to say on this subject!

I like the Mustang, but I think the Dodge Challenger is a pretty compelling package. It looks great, several different V8's are offered (some cool colors too), and it seems to be the most "livable" current muscle car (spacious inside, no blind spots, large trunk, etc).

The purple is pretty bold

2019-Dodge-Challenger-RT-Scat-Pack-Widebody.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

Yes, yes, what he said!

It’s gonna happen....as soon as my dog quits spending my money!

• Like 1

Yep. He’s a great kid.

He’s also 6’7”, and he fits in it, which is important to me (and to him, I’m sure, if I asked him). And it’s paid off, and I’ve kept it in great condition, mechanically and cosmetically.

I mean I totally understand why you’d ask, but...yeah. I thought about all of that already.

• Like 1

Yep. He’s a great kid.

He’s also 6’7”, and he fits in it, which is important to me (and to him, I’m sure, if I asked him). And it’s paid off, and I’ve kept it in great condition, mechanically and cosmetically.

I mean I totally understand why you’d ask, but...yeah. I thought about all of that already.

He's gonna be a minority in that car! At least he would be in the south. We rented one back in 2013 to drive to Raleigh for Rush (2nd show, had to do it). I felt very Caucasian behind the wheel!

• Like 1

Yep. He’s a great kid.

Update:

So I decided to drive the Charger today, just because it hasn’t had a good run on the highway for maybe a few months.

Still love it!

• Like 3